March 2015 Moms

Pinching!

I've noticed that the past couple of weeks, my baby has started pinching my boobs when he's nursing. Like, REALLY pinching! And sometimes he tries to sit up and nurse, or he'll squirm around a bunch, then sit up and just start pinching my nipple! We bottle feed at night so hubby can feed him sometimes, and he pinches the bottle nipple while he eats, too. Any other BF moms have pinching babies? Anyone have any idea why?

Re: Pinching!

• I have no idea but my baby pinches my arms when he's being changed and breastfeeding! He also is sitting up and really squirming lately which makes nursing annoying and messy (milk squirts all over him/me). I am hoping he grows out of it haha
  • I hope he grows out of it too!
  • Loading the player...
  • My son does this too! While he is nursing he with pinches my other nipple or twirls his fingers around it! The pinching, coupled with the biting with his new bottom 2 teeth, makes nursing a not so enjoyable experience these days!
  • Yes! She's been grabbing handfuls of skin while nursing! Then again, she also grabs neck skin and face skin when she's being held. I just give her a firm "no" and release her grip. She gets so distracted, too. I'm slowly transitioning to the bottle since I'm having a lot of nursing issues. Good luck and hope your little guy grows out of it soon!
  • No pinching but he climbs all over the place he tries to stand while hes nursing. It is like he is exploring how many ways he can eat. He also used to chomp down when he was like 3 months old and pretty much bite me with his gums.

Me: 29 DH: 35

Married: 9/29/12

DS #1: 3/8/15

• Definitely happening with my LO, and to add insult to injury, he also slaps my boobs while nursing which is really not awesome. My son is 7 months with his first tooth on the bottom and I'm doing everything I can think of to teach him not to bite, which he seems to do when he starts nursing, when he stops, or whenever he's generally distracted (which is all the time). Le sigh.. Hang in there, ladies!
  • Lol mine does the slapping too. It's really annoying but sometimes it makes me laugh (I try to not let him hear me lol) my husband came to check on what was going on the other day because he could hear this repetitive thump thump sound of my son whacking my side while he nursed.

He does the pinching thing too. I've been trying to grab his hand and make him let go and say no.

He likes to grab our face too, if he's gentle I let him explore but if he gets rough I take his hand and run it gently on my cheek and tell him gentle touch. Don't know. Any of its helping but I'm trying. Not that I'm happy we are all getting pinched but it's nice to here we are not the only ones. Good luck everyone!
  • I don't mind the face grabbing, but I'm trying to teach her not to grab my glasses. Which is so hard! How do you teach a 7 month old that the pretty, shiny toy with such grabbable parts sitting right there on mommy's face is off limits?!?
  • Pinching! So sore! Tiny little torture devices, especially when she's in need of a trim. When I carry her in the Ergo, she pinches the back of my underarm fat! Sucks, cause I can't stop her if my hands are full. When relatives think I'm overreacting, I hand her to them and smile when I hear them yelling, "Ouch! That hurts!" Hahahaha!!! The other day she punched my eye while we were napping together. Little bruiser!
  • Hello ladies, have u tried the nursing necklace? I heard it was helping avoiding "injuries" while BF. It is very popular here in France