Pregnant after a Loss

US at 7 weeks?

Anyone else have an ultrasound at 7 weeks? My doctor is seeing me then as I had a MMC at 8.5 weeks but we didn't know until 10
Weeks.

Re: US at 7 weeks?

• Yup, after my mmc my doc wanted to see me as soon as possible. I had a transvaginal ultrasound at week 5.
  • I had my first one at 6 w. 3 d.
  • Loading the player...
  • How did your appointments go??
  • kimey1kimey1 member
    edited October 2015
    Fine. The doc felt my cervix, made sure i didnt have pain. With the transvaginal, my doc checked there was no blod clots and checked for a yolk sack. They took a urine sample and drew my blood.
    At my 7 week+3 appt we saw a heartbeat. I heard the baby's heartbeat with a regular ultrasound at 12weeks.
  • My first was at 9 weeks, the same point as which my last loss was discovered. This time the apt went great. Transvaginal us for dating purposes. Heartbeat heard and seen. I'm currently 14w tomorrow.
  • Good! I told them that I had a loss and was scared, so they'd hurry up and find the heartbeat before I would look. They also let me come in more often. It was really nice, because I was a nervous wreck.
  • I have my (first) 7 week US on Friday. Not sure what type of US schedule they will have me on, given my history.
    *****Losses Mentioned*****BFP MENTIONED*****ALL WELCOME******ALL ABOARD!!

Me: 42, DH: 46, Married: 11/12
    Losses: MMC#1 11/12 BO, MC#2 11/13 at 8w BO?, MMC#3 8/14 chromo healthy M @12 weeks, stopped growing at 10.
    Negligible AMH, FSH finally went high. Pursued DE.

DD born at 38w2d on 5-27-16. Finally!!

Pregnant again with OE. EDD 11/9/17 Girl!

BabyGaga
  • After my first mc i had one at 6 wks and again at 7.
  • I had a missed miscarriage at 7weeks2days so my doctor was nice enough to get me in at 7 weeks. According to the calendar I was 7 weeks 4 days, but baby was measuring at 8 weeks on the ultrasound when I went.

Your baby won't look like much, but you will see that little heart beating away.
  • I'm scheduled to go for my intake appointment and my first us on 11/10, the same day I hit 7 weeks.  She did have me come in last week for hCG tests when I got a positive hpt to make sure my numbers were doubling correctly.  It's hard to wait but I know by then they should be able to see a hb and I know if I went in during one of those grey areas for seeing or not seeing it, I'd make myself sick worrying. 
  • Had mine at 7 weeks. Saw a heartbeat of 150. Had a loss in May at 8 weeks but didn't find out till I was 12 weeks. It's nerve wracking to wait. Good luck on your scan.
  • I just found out I'm pregnant again after a miscarriage in Sept. According to my calculations I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow. I emailed my ob who ordered labs for me last week and my hormones were at 3243. My first prenatal appt isn't until Dec.17. And I don't have an u/s scheduled yet. Should I ask her to order one? Or is it okay to wait? During my last pregnancy it seemed the baby stopped growing at 6 weeks, so I'm slightly concerned. I was going to announce my pregnancy at Christmas but I want to make sure everything is okay, especially since I only waited one full cycle before getting pregnant again. Im reading that a lot of ladies are getting early u/s, I don't want to be that annoying patient, but I definitely am concerned. I haven't even told my DH yet!