Stay at Home Moms

Role Switching in the Future

So right now I'm a stay at home mom of my adorable 4 month old baby boy. Well my husband and I are thinking of having him be the stay at home dad and me working when our son is 2 or 3. I think it'll work out better that way because then my husband can potty train and since he has the same parts I figure he'll be better suited for that. Is anyone else going to do this or thinking about doing this?

Re: Role Switching in the Future

• We could never do it for financial reasons but I LOVE the idea. My parents did that for me and I turned out ok
  • I didn't and won't do that but I think it is a great idea. I know a few stay-at-home dads and it works wonderfully for their families.

I don't think having a penis means he will be better able to potty train your son. I do not have a penis and my boys were not confused at all. It's more about being physically and mentally ready than having the same parts as your mom or dad.
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't necessarily think that potty training should be the reason you make this choice, because there is so much more to consider. BUT, I think stay at home Dad's are great!
    Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11