Secondary IF
Options

Finally getting a laparoscopy.. Why the wait??

Hello everyone!! So we've been waiting for and TRYING for baby #2 for over 7 years. In that time we've done 2 failed IUIs, 2 failed IVFs, and still no answers and certainly no baby..
So I've finally gotten a doc that agrees with me that I need a laparoscopy to look around in there. I'm in so much pain with almost every period, some months I bleed like I'm dying, I have GI and GU pain and abnormalities with every period, and I spot brown nasty stuff for days and days before and after my period. I'm thinking endo or adhesions but he's not convinced..
My DS came all naturally right after I stopped my BC for the first time. So the secondary IF I feel has to be related to his c section delivery.
My question is.... Anyone else in a similar clinical condition? Anyone have to wait ages for the procedure? He referred me over 2 weeks ago and no call from the office or surgical center yet.

Re: Finally getting a laparoscopy.. Why the wait??

• Options
    You were referred to another office, but have you called them? I have been farmed out to several offices and only once have they called me. It is always faster to call yourself.

I am sorry you have been in pain. I hope the docs can find something for you to move on.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    I had/have what is known as a c-scar defect called and isthmocele.  Basically the scar forms a pocket instead of healing properly and so fluid forms in my uterus every month making it a toxic environment for embryos.  I've had 2 surgeries to repair the defect and still had a failed IVF cycle after the surgeries (but I also have DOR).  If your doctor doesn't know anything about this find one who does!  I live in upstate NY and my doc is pretty sure he is the only doctor in the area who has performed this surgery.  There is an expert in Chicago too I think.  It's a relatively new finding in 2IF so many doctors are not familiar with it.  Keep us posted!!

imageimageimage
    My FF Chart:
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/490dd7
    TTC #3 since June 2013
    BFP #1 7/21/2013--EDD 3/30/14--D&C 9/24/13
    BFP #2 1/28/14--MC 2/7/14

IUI #1 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IUI #2 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IUI #3 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IVF #1, Stimmed for 12 days, ER 8/22/14, 9 retrieved, 7M, 7F!!  Freeze all due to fluid in uterus.
    FET end of October 2014 cancelled due to fluid in uterus due to possible c-scar defect
    Surgery scheduled 12/12/14 to fix possible isthmocele
    3/26/15 transferred one 8 cell grade 4 embryo and one 6 cell grade 3 embryo = slow rising betas for 2+ weeks = ectopic MTX shot 4/29/15
    Repeat c-scar surgery June 2015
    2nd and last IVF cycle August 2015, stimmed for 12 days, 2 egg retrieved, both mature and both fertilized.  Transferred both 8-cell embryos on Day 3, beta 9/5/15 = BFFN
    MOVING TO ADOPTION!  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!! I called yesterday and they are having the surgical coordinator call me.. So far nothing yet but I'm hopeful for a call today!
    That is a super interesting finding French! I have a suspicion all this has something to do with the way I healed after my c section for my son actually, I am going to mention it to my doctor.