Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Did any of you having early spotting and go on to have a happy, healthy babe?

Hey moms--

I just jumped over from the pregnancy board--thank you for reading!

I'm 5 weeks along after getting pregnant through IVF. I had some spotting (light and only for 24 hours) at 4 weeks and then again today. My HcG levels are increasing like they should.

I want to feel happy and excited, but I'm terrified. The doctors say spotting is normal, but I've had a miscarriage before, and I'm so worried about losing this one. 

Anyone have some bleeding but go on to deliver a healthy baby? 

Thank you!

Re: Did any of you having early spotting and go on to have a happy, healthy babe?

• Options
    Know that my experience has no bearing on your experience, but yes.
    With my first daughter I had spotting in the first trimester, and went on to have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy toddler now! (I had a low lying placenta which was the cause of the bleeding.).
    I would trust your doctors, and always make sure you call them when you have any troubling symptoms.
    Hope you have a happy and healthy nine months!!
  • Options
    I did. I spotted every day from days before my BFP till 8 weeks then at least a couple times a week till 12 weeks then at least once a week till 20 weeks when it finally stopped completely. I had a subchorionic hematoma and a cervical ectropian that was the cause of my bleeding. There were multiple days where the bleeding would turn bright red and I was sure I was having a miscarriage the first time I broke down in tears and cried for over an hour because I too had gone through infertility. But now I'm holding my 7 week old baby boy and all is well. Just know it can be normal buy if it is associated with pain or you are bleeding more than a pad an hour call your OB.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    BigboobsmcgeeBigboobsmcgee member
    edited October 2015
    I had spotting with both of my pregnancies and have 2 healthy children. Your fears are 100% valid and I'm sure nothing anyone can say will take away those fears. Only time will ease it. Good luck to you OP. Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy :)
  • Options
    I spotted from 6-8 weeks pregnant sitting here holding my 2 week old baby peanut :)
  • Options
    I completely understand your worry. I was there this past January. At 11w I started bleeding. Bright red and it was heavy. Rushed to the doctor and she was fine. I had placenta previa which corrected itself. I too had to do multiple rounds of Ivf to gain this pregnancy. My daughter is now 7 weeks. Unfortunately after undergoing fertility treatments you will always have more fear. If you haven't already jump over to the pregnant after IF board. They have weekly check ins. Sending prayers to you and your LO for a h&h pregnancy!!
    SIGGY WARNING//TICKER WARNING//PAIF

Long of the Short:
     TTC since April 2013  DH 42 y/o I'm 30  Dh had vasectomy reversal Feb 2013 after 3 months developed scar tissue 
     First Re appt was September 2013 OOP for everything minus meds  
    DH's TESE surgery December 2013
    First cycle was February 2014 BFN none to freeze
     Second cycle was April 2014 BFP ending in Chemical Pregnancy none to freeze
     Third cycle June 2014 BFN none to freez
     Fourth cycle October 30th 28 retrieved, 13 mature and 12 fertilized
    PICSI, assisted hatching and fresh sperm from my DH's TESE surgery used
    5 FROZEN from a freeze all cycle! 
    FET completed on DECEMBER 9TH!!!
    Beta #1 13dp5dt BFP!! 800
    Beta #2 15dp5dt 2100
    Beta #3 17dp5dt 3600 
    First Scan January 5th! Everything looks great! Heart rate of 121!
    Second Scan January 20th. Baby Justone13 looks amazing. Heart rate of 175!
    Baby Girl is due August 27th
    Liv Annmarie born 8/25 7lbs 6oz 21 1/2 inches long 

• Options
    I had spotting for like 5 days or so right around week 6. Turns out I had a cervical polyp (common to develop in early pregnancy I guess). My sister had bleeding with 2 of hers also - one up to week 20 or 22 or something like that. Spotting can be perfectly normal. If your HCG numbers are rising, try not to freak out - I know, easier said than done.
  • Options
    I had spotting early on for 2 days, and she is doing great. 8 weeks old and a chunky monkey.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I've had spotting and heavy bleeding ( bright red) throughout my pregnancy. I'm currently 35 weeks pregnant ! Like you, I had several miscarriages in the past and I've had an IUI with meds. Its extremely terrifying when you see it but each time I rushed to the hospital and/ or my doctors office and each time they confirmed our little miracle was doing great and is very healthy. So much easier said than done ( I need to listen to my own advice)  but try to stay positive and trust your doctors.

Also, due to my previous miscarriages and bleeding, my doctor put me on progesterone suppositories for the first 10 weeks, 3x a day. You may want to discuss your options with your doctor.  
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Moms, I so appreciate your responses--mostly your kindness while I'm feeling especially vulnerable but also the info! I saw my RE yesterday for an ultrasound (at 5w2d) and he said things look great. He even saw a little bleeding on the ultra which he said looked like implantation bleeding.

Also thanks for the trip on the pregnant after inflertility board. I definitely belong there! :)
  • Options
    I didn't bleed, but I did have a subchronic hematoma which causes bleeding for most people and my body reabsorbed it with no harm done to my baby.
  • Options
    Yes.  I had spotting at 6 weeks that went from bright red to a dull brown.  HCG was rising and ultrasound showed a heartbeat.  The dull brown spotting continued for another 10 days and then went away.  Doctor never could say exactly what it was.

I now have a adorable blue-eye baby boy who is 4 weeks old.
  • Options
    I spotted basically from the beginning until week 10 or 11. It turns out I had a slight bichornate uterus (heart shaped) that caused it (they noticed it about week 10.) I just gave birth to a healthy, happy, blue-eyed baby boy! 8 lb 4 oz and perfect :) no experience is the same but you reading the google results of the "early spotting" search can be depressing.