Infertility
Options

October/November IVF

Re: October/November IVF

• Options
    @erinscaren I'm sure you're feeling discouraged but try and stay focused on the little embabies you have. Try to destress as much as possible... those adult coloring books have really helped my stress through all of this. It's nerdy but it's been working. FX for you, hoping for the best.

I had my ER this morning and feel a little cruddy, I'm also nervous because my DH is not feeling confident about his sample as he felt rushed. Time will tell.. I eagerly await my docs fert report tomottow.
  • Options
    Oh @erinscaren, I'm so sorry!!  Try to downplay the stress.  I know it's hard but you need to focus on your two embabies and your CD3 transfer on Friday.  Can you get a massage or something??  I'll be praying for those two!!

@Rachd110, when I first found out I had to do IVF, I was so sad and my manager (who did three rounds and has twins and a singleton) told me to try to focus on the cool science of it so that I could get more excited.  Seeing your embaby IN your uterus is pretty freaking cool!!  Congrats on being PUPO and for all your frozen embies!!  AWESOME!!

Good luck today @Colleen0516, @ChristnaV2015 and @AmyReneeF!!! 

*** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, you really do help me feel better. @ChristinaV2015 and @emsmama15 I am working 12 hour shifts today and tomorrow which I think is actually good for me. I have to set my thoughts aside and take care of my patients for 2 more days. I bought one of the adult coloring books and will probably use that this weekend while one of my 2 super sticky wonderful beautiful embabies implants!
  • Options
    Colleen0516Colleen0516 member
    edited November 2015
    And my transfer is in the books!!! 1embyos is happily fluttering around, looking for a cozy home to grow!! :smiley: grade 2 embryo.
    The rest are a little behind, they will watch them one more day and hopefully they make it to freezing. Nervous about that- but not letting it get to me!!

It was so amazing to watch it all happen!! Fx crossed that he/she attaches!!

Any tips on what to do today other than rest?
    Me 30 || DH 36
    Unexplained Infertility- Postive for MTHFR Gene Mutation

Natural cycles with 1 miscarriage
    -3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    -IVF #1-Follistim and Menopur= BFN
    ***11 Eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 1 (day 5) 2 made it to freeze
    -FET #1- Transferred 2, day 5 embryos =BFN
    -IVF #2- Follistim and Menopur = BFN
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    -FET #2- Transferred 2, day 3 embryos = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IUI #4- natural cycle = BFN
    -IUI #5- Follistim (5 eggs) BFP- lead to Miscarriage  :'(
    -Laproscopic Surgery for Endometriosis, Polyp removal and Cyst removal. 
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -Lapropscopic surgery- Removal of Fallopian Tube
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze
    Found out I was positive for MTHFR Gene Mutation during TWW of IVF #4

• Options

Did ultrasound #3 today. Down to only 9 follicles that have grown large enough for ER. RE says we can't wait any longer as my bigger ones are getting over 20 mm. Trigger will be tonight with a Friday ER!! We're so unbelievably excited but I'm also a little nervous at our low numbers. I also tell people to think positively but I have such a hard time following my own advice lol.

FX for all of us!

thejessicanicol.com

Me: 24 DH: 29

MFI: Low Morphology Low Count due to radiation

IVF with ICSI Round 1: November 2015

D&C January 2016

Anticipated FET April 2016

• Options
    @colleen0516 Eeek! So excited for you! Fx!

@thejessicanicol Hang in there, 9 is a good number! Fx!

@erinscaren work is a wonderful distraction, Fx for you!

*TW* Pregnancy/Loss Mentioned
    Me: 37 /PCOS DH: 37/no issues TTC: 7/13
    Started with RE 12/14; 3 failed rounds of clomid, started letrozole
    IUI #1 & #2- BFN
    IVF #1 - 9/15 Cancelled Day 9
    IVF #2- started stims 10/24  ER- 11/15 6 eggs- 5 fertilized/ 1 frozen
    FET #1 -1 embryo-12/9/15- BFN
    IVF #3- started stims 1/22/16  ER- 2/8 33 eggs(!)- 21 mature, all 21 fertilized - 6 snowflakes!
    FET #2- 2 embryos- April 4th-BFN
    ERA-June 8- results show need 12 addt'l hours of PIO
    FET #3-  2 embryos transferred August 14,2016  BFP! on 8/24! Beta #1-22  Beta #2-83 Beta #3-368 
    Confirmed singleton-Heartbeat on 9/19-160bpm! EDD: May 1, 2017, It's a girl!!
    Pre-term labor/loss-stillborn at 18w. 
    FET #4- 1 embryo-Aug 12th-BFP on 8/23 Beta #1-112 Beta #2-298 Beta #3-1010
    Confirmed Identicals!- Heartbeats seen on 9/8  Miscarriage on 9/18
    FET #5- 1 embryo- 1/12/18-BFN
    Lots of testing and finally determined I have elevated natural killer cells. Will begin prednisone and IVL treatment before next round.
    IVF#4- April 2018 8 eggs, 7 fertilized/3 frozen
    FET #6- 1 embryo- 6/11/18- BFP on 6/21 Beta #1-446, Beta #2-1841 
    Confirmed singleton- 6/29/18 HB-157 EDD: February 22, 2019. It's a Boy!

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • Options
    @colleen0516 CONGRATULATIONS I'll be sending positive thoughts your way- take it easy and pamper your self!  Watch a good movie, paint your toenails, and just think happy thoughts. Fx to you!!!

@erinscaren I'm sorry you are disappointed. I know how deflating it can feel to think things are moving along well and then get some not so good news.  I also know you must be feeling extra pressure for those 2 to be perfect, now especially.  But please try to look at the glass as half full- There are some women who have a hard time getting even one embryo at all, so you are actually blessed to have 2!!!  I understand how you feel right now, truly I do.   I am very happy for you that they will do a 3 day transfer. My clinic only does 5 day transfers no exception, so that in and of itself gives me more hope for you!   I hope your embryos are super sticky! Please keep yourself mentally occupied! Its the best thing you can do. Just take comfort in knowing that you and your doctor have done all that you can this cycle to get to this stage, and keeping yourself calm, and positive will be what you can do actively to help in this process.. 

@christinav2015 Congratulations on completing that step of the journey! Tell your DH not to worry. NO man likes to do that and it's never ideal for them mentally! My DH was mortified by the whole process.  Just remind him of how healthy he's been leading up till now, and tell him his "part" in this journey is over!  It we ladies that have the burden of the meds and recovery, and headaches, and appointments, lab draws... the list goes on :)
  • Options
    AmyReneeFAmyReneeF member
    edited November 2015
    @Colleen0516 congrats! FX for you!! Sending you BFP vibes!!! @ChristinaV2015 so happy your ER went well. Do you know how many eggs they retrieved? The waiting is so hard. Rest up and relax. Praying for the best! @erinscaren oh girl! I'm so sorry you did not get the results that you wanted today. Try to stay positive. Two embryos is great. It may not be what you expected, and that's hard to deal with; but it only takes one!!! You are young and healthy and have had great results so far. This is your first disappointing report. Keep yourself busy and get lots of rest. Get ready for Friday and prepare a great location for that embryo. I have all the faith in the world for you. Let me know if I can help in any way. Try to relax and go in on Friday very optimistic! Sending you hugs and FX!!!
  • Options
    Thank @smitty18 for the encouraging words... it was definitely awkward when we got there.

@AmyReneeF I had 23 follicles and we got 12 eggs. I'm uncomfortable this afternoon but no too bad. How did your ER go??
  • Options
    @erinscaren please try to stay positive. You'll have one great embaby to transfer and another to freeze. Work and coloring books are are a great distraction, but you should slso do something to help you relax. Perhaps a massage or acunpuncture?

@Colleen0516 congrats on your transfer. Your a PUPO with me! I had acupuncture a couple hours after my transfer. I also need tips on staying distracted. Since my transfer, I've been nonstop Googling about embryo grades, success stories etc. When is your beta?

@ChristinaV2015 congrats on your transfer. 12 eggs is a great number! Hope for a great fertilization report tomorrow.

• Options
    Thanks for all the encouragement today, ladies.  I'm feeling a lot better about it tonight.  I have an issue with not being in control all the time (Type A trait), but I am still very thankful for the 2 embabies I have.  

@colleen0516 Congrats on your ET!  Have a nice, stress free couple of days while that little guy or girl finds a good home!

@AmyReneeF and @ChristinaV2015 Congratulations on wonderful ERs!  I am sending up the best vibes for successful fertilizations!

@thejessicanicol 9 is great!  And you never know, they might find a few more in there on ER day, too!

@villacis811 Any updates?
  • Options
    For those of you that already had your ER and ET what was your progesterone regiment after retrieval through transfer? I'm starting PIO through transfer day and then switching to Cirone inserts until my Beta. I'm reading some posts where people take the PIO through their first trimester.
  • Options
    @ChristinaV2015 I'm on crinone for the entire 2ww. Started day after ER. I've read studies that say crinone is equally effective as PIO and may even be better for a fresh transfer. In case you haven't been told, crinone can get pretty messy. It can also build up inside of you. My nurse said to clean it out while in the shower every couple days. I know...its gross!
  • Options
    @Rachd110 I'm doing the SAME THING!!! I keep saying, okay that's the last thing I'm looking up... Not 2 minutes Later I'm back on Google! Ugh!
    My doctor told me I'm grade 2 but everything I research says i should have a letter and number! Anddddd he said 1 is the best but I'm reading that 5 is better than 1... So now I'm just totally confused. I need to put down the phone and just STOP lol
    This is definitely gonna be a long 2ww!
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze

• Options
    @Colleen0516 according to the Gardner scale, I've read that the number with two letters are for 5 day blasts. And of course this varies from clinic to clinic. They don't all use the Gardner scale. My RE told me my embaby was a 4ba.

Here is a link for a clinic that uses 1-4 grades.
    https://www.atlantainfertility.com/Blastocyst-Stage-Embryo

I think I've read almost everything online about embryo grading, 5 day blasts, IVF etc. I could write a book. I'm starting to wonder if all this reading is stressing me out. I need to stop now.
  • Options
    Congrats, @villacis811!!!!  So happy for you!!!
  • Options
    Congrats and to a H&H 9 months!! @villacis811

Hope everyone has a good night, 1 day closer to the weekend now!

Stay positive and we'll all have that beautiful baby one day!!
  • Options
    First off, congratulations @villacis811! What wonderful news. A H&H 9 months to you!!

Thanks for the info @Rachd110. I heard the inserts are gross but I feel better knowing you're in the 2WW using Crinone.

Can't wait for my fert report today and to see all you wonderful ladies get our BFP!
  • Options
    @villacis811 Omg sooo happy for you! Congrats girl!

@ChristinaV2015 I start crinone tonight as well.
  • Options
    @villacis811 congrats!!! So happy for you! Good luck tomorrow @erinscaren! FX.
  • Options
    @ChristinaV2015 push them to tell you your embryo status!! They only told me my quantity, they claimed they dint know more. So annoying... I then found out at transfer that the others were doing as well, and may not freeze.

I wish I knew that sooner.

So many ladies get more information than us, I don't know why our practice doesn't tell us all the facts.
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    **Changed doctor**

• Options
    @villacis811 congrats! So happy for you. Was this your first IVF cycle? Do you mind sharing any early symptoms you felt, if any?
  • Options
    Hi ladies.  I need some of your opinions:

I was very upset last night. On top of having my first live transfer fail on Sunday, my DH said this will be our last and only round of IVF with ER. We will use all frozens, but once those are gone we are done. Which is quite frankly devastating to me. I feel more pressure than ever to have my last 2 frozens work. His main issue is cost, and his fear that this is an "unnatural" process.  We disagree on this, of course, and he said he was even reluctant to do this at all.  If I can't get him to agree to go for the retrieval/fresh again. (we have to pay out of pocket), this last transfer is my last chance for a baby :(  

I spoke with my RE yesterday, and he was very kind and expressed frustration that my 2 didn't take, He said that anecdotally, he does find that women who have failed fresh often have a high rate of success with frozen, and he theorizes, that the body is not quite back to "natural" based on the hyper stimulation just a few days prior.  He told us this as well prior to the live.  He said there is not good research behind this, but this is what he often sees.  

I told this to my husband who got mad and said, why did he have us do the live transfer then!  I said because sometimes it works, too! and they want to give us a baby! The doctor is doing what is right, and I know there are many women who get pregnant through live transfer.  I think he is just hurt it didn't work too. 

So here is my dilemma: 
     I have 2 remaining high quality frozens.  For my age, they recommend transferring 2 embryos per transfer to maximize success of one baby.    I'm worried I'll more quickly run out of options if my final frozen transfer of 2 fails. and I'm not ready to give up my dream of having a baby.   I'm wondering if I should try to stretch out the 2 and do one embryo transfer at a time?  What would you do? 

I'm hoping these will work, and we'll have a baby and he'll forget all about how he doesn't like this once he holds his child, but until then it is very stressful on me!

• Options
    oh and congratulations to you @villacis811! I am so happy for you!
  • Options

@villacis811 Yay! Congratulations, so exciting!!

@smitty18 I'm sorry you are having to deal with this right now :( Have you mentioned to DH that his timing and finality of this decision is impacting you so much? Explain to him how stressed it's making you feel and the worries it's now causing. None of which are conducive to helping beans stick! Let him know you can appreciate his frustration and thoughts but ask him to try and not make it so final. Ask him to think it over and leave it open ended for now. Especially with the raw emotions you both are experiencing at the present. It's not the best time to make lasting decisions!

As for the transfer, what has your RE suggested? I know ultimately it's your choice, but he should have some scientific opinion that carries weight (for me at least). Having that info would help me decide. I know it's difficult, but try to remain as positive and hopeful as you can. Fx you!

IUI #1 & #2- BFN
    IVF #3- started stims 1/22/16  ER- 2/8 33 eggs(!)- 21 mature, all 21 fertilized - 6 snowflakes!
    FET #3-  2 embryos transferred August 14,2016  BFP! on 8/24! Beta #1-22  Beta #2-83 Beta #3-368 
    Lots of testing and finally determined I have elevated natural killer cells. Will begin prednisone and IVL treatment before next round.

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • Options
    @smitty18 Oh I'm so sorry you have to deal with this on top of a recent bfn. I agree about seeing what your RE suggests about doing 1 or both. Surely they have to have some data to review on which is better.

As for DH, first of all I think it is very difficult for them to see us so sad and disappointed when things don't go right. I think they feel helpless and they just want us to stop feeling sad. Plus, it has to be so disappointing for him, too. But coming off a fresh bfn, I don't think he should make any snap decisions. It is still to raw and real. I know the cost is astronomical. We are paying OOP and it just plain sucks. But money shouldn't be the only deciding factor for whether or not to continue on this journey. It's not going to matter because you are going to get your baby from your frozen nuggets, but I would advise asking him to abstain on any major future decisions right now. Maybe you would need a little break, but deciding right now in this moment that this is it....it's too big a decision for him to make with emotions running so high. Hugs and well wishes to you both! :blush:
  • Options
    I agree with the above comments @smitty18. Also, I am sure DH is reacting out of frustration as well. Try to let things settle down and relax. Emotions are running high. He may change his mind or better yet the next try will work for you. So sorry you are going through this. Just focus on you and creating a healthy environment for you little frozen embry. Hugs!
  • Options
    Hi everyone. Been lurking but never posted. Guess I didn't want to jinx anything. DH and I have been ttc for 2 years and are diagnosed with unexplained infertility. After 3 failed iuis we moved into ivf last month. Since ididnt respond well to clomid my RE put me on an antagonist protocol. Pretty high doses. Got 12 follicles of which 10 had good enough eggs. Only 5 fertilized. We did our ET on day 3. I was so hopeful as AF was no where to be found and my cycle is always regular. I also was feeling a bit different but I guess that was the progesterone. Needless to say BFN on my beta. So frustrated. I feel like my hormones are messing with my mind haha. Just wondering how's soon we can do a FET. Also for those who have done FET were you on any injectable other than progesterone? Looking forward to my follow up appt with RE and trying to stay positive.

Congrats to all the BFPs this month.
  • Options
    @safarigal28 I'm so sorry for your BFN. Hugs to you! I haven't done a fresh then FET, so I can't answer that question. However, I can tell you what I am taking to prep for FET. As far as injectables, most are usually on either Lupron or Ganirelix for a period of time. You stop that and replace with Estrogen and Progesterone of some variety (I starts with estrogen patches and vaginal progesterone suppositories, then switch to the PIO.) A lot less monitoring is required too, so that's nice. Fx for you!
    IUI #1 & #2- BFN

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • Options
    @halips, @erinscaren @smitty18 @Rachd110 @AmyReneeF @Prayingmom2Be @ChristinaV2015 @Piperella
    Thank you sooo much for the support!!!!! 

@rachd110 yes this was my first fresh ivf cycle. Honestly I was sure it was going to be negative bc I really thought i was getting my period. I felt exactly the way i do when i am getting my period i had some cramps and some backache. The only difference was that I have been feeling extremely tired. 

Unfortunately since last night I have been having an allergic reaction to the PIO. when the nurse called to tell me the news about my beta I told her I have bumps on the injection spots and some have lasted a few days.Today I have rashes in the areas I was doing the injections.  She changed it from the PIO to a different Progesterone and she also added the vaginal inserts. I am worried bc i have read that the PIO are the best ones. This journey doesn't seem to get easier bc I still find myself very worried. Tomorrow I go back for BW and I am so scared something will be wrong. 

@smitty18 I am so sorry that you are going through this. Do you think your DH is the type to change his mind later on? Even if he doesn't you still have 2 good embryos that could work. When I first started this process I thought about going to FET right away bc I had read that the statistics were so much better. As hard as it may be try to keep your spirits up....you are not out of the game by any means. 
    DH- 31 me 32
    Started IVF  mid Oct  - ET 10/31
    Beta 11/11- BFP
    EDD July 18th 
  • Options
    @smitty18 I'm so sorry! But I agree with the ladies above!
    You still have 2 embryos and you never know what will happened with them, but the added stress won't help. Try to explain to him that you're starting out on the wrong foot if you're worrying about it being the last chance. Ask him to open his mind, and reconsider at a later time. Shutting the door now is probably just a defense mechanism, and it's totally understandable- but I'm sure he doesn't know how it affects you and the IVF process.

As for your embryos, FET are sometimes more successful! Keep the hope alive! Transferring 1 or 2? That's a hard decision to make, but I'm sure you will figure out what is best for you!! Thinking and praying for you!!! In sorry you're going through this. We're here for you.
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    **Changed doctor**

• Options
    I got my report today...

12 retrieved
    9 mature
    9 fertilized

I'm super excited and praying for my little ones.

@AmyReneeF any news from your RE today?

@smitty18 I'm so sorry you have this added stress. Stay focused on your FET and speak with your DH before and during that right now you don't want to think about "what it doesn't work this time" but focus on "what will it be like when it does work this time." Speak life and have faith. FX!
  • Options
    @ChristinaV2015 yay! great news! 9 is wonderful! Fx for you!
    IUI #1 & #2- BFN

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • Options
    @smitty18 I'm sorry you're going thru this but maybe have your DH take a step back to see the bigger picture? I'm pretty sure he'll come around, I'll be praying for you!

@SafariGal28 I'm sorry for your BFN, I know that feeling too well! I'm on my 2WW with our 3rd attempt. After my failed fresh transfer AF came before my BETA so I was able to start BC right away and estradiol pills for a FET, PIO started after transfer. FX for your next try!

@ChristinaV2015 9 is awesome, congrats!! GL and FX for you!!

Happy Friday everyone!!
  • Options
    Navarro1126Navarro1126 member
    edited November 2015
    Hi ladies...i am a bit late on my update but a lot has happened since I was last on here. I had my ER on 10/28 and were able to get 10 eggs, 6 fertilized but only 5 made it to Biopsy. We have 4 normal an 1 with 3X chromosome. They said that although it's abnormal it is compatible with life and would not be discarded. I need to do a bit of research on possible defects or abnormalities.

Also, i had a hystoroscopy for my polyps in September but for some crazy reason 1 of the grew back (ugh). Had to have another saline US to confirm and am now scheduled for another surgery on Monday (double ugh). My lady parts have been through a lot these past few weeks...with all of that said, i now have to wait until Jan for my ET.

Just want to wish everyone best of luck and thank you all for your support.
  • Options
    @Navarro1126  5 embryos for FET is great! Sorry to hear about the set back. Hopefully all goes smoothly and quickly with your surgery on Monday. January will be here before you know it! Fx!

I got my call today from the lab with a report on how many of my embryos are still growing/frozen. All 5 are still growing, #1 is already frozen grade 4AB, #2 should be frozen tomorrow (is currently a 3AB) #'s 3-5 are still not at the blastocyst stage. The lab tech who called couldn't tell me the likelihood of them making it to blasts. She did say that they don't freeze anything that isn't at least a 3, preferably a 4. Anyone else know anything about that? I would think the other 3, since they are still growing, have the potential to be viable? I'm just happy we have something to transfer on Dec. 9th! Start shots tomorrow...
    IUI #1 & #2- BFN

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • Options
    Had ER this morning!! We went in hoping for 9-12 eggs but ended up getting 15 out! Poor DH had to give his sample yesterday morning and again this morning because he produces so little. He's pretty stressed about how many will actually fertilize. We can't wait for that call tomorrow! I'm very sore and sleepy. Laying in bed today and waiting for my bbq lunch to arrive :) 

I am to do Endometrin 2x a day and we are hoping to do a 5 day transfer on 11/18. Anyone have a hard time with the Endometrin? The words vaginal insert have me a little nervous lol. I'm thinking about doing the pineapple thing. Has anyone tried that? When should i start eating it? 

@christinav2015 Yay on 9! FX

thejessicanicol.com

Me: 24 DH: 29

MFI: Low Morphology Low Count due to radiation

IVF with ICSI Round 1: November 2015

D&C January 2016

Anticipated FET April 2016

• Options
    Well....officially in the 2ww (actually 11 days now).  Transferred one of our little embabies today and the doctor said this one looks "text book good." So hoping it is a sticky little bean!  Now just to rest and relax with these other precious babies this weekend!