November 2015 Moms
Options

Suddenly miserable!

I have been lucky to have an easy second pregnancy, using my Fitbit, staying active, and feeling great. Two days ago at 34 weeks I hit the wall! Frequent Braxton hicks, uncomfortable all the time, no appetite and siatica pain! Anyone else feeling fantastic and then suddenly miserable??

Re: Suddenly miserable!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, I'm right there with you. I was feeling really great until a few days ago. Then all of a sudden like a million new symptoms just appeared all at once. Quite a shock to the system. I knew things would get more uncomfortable in the 3rd tri but I didn't expect it all to just come out nowhere at 35 weeks!
  • Options
    I think I found that wall too @Annie550
  • Options
    Me too. I have been active consistently and was satisfied w my energy level. I'm now exhausted, craving sugar, my feet look like rectangular bricks and I did something to my abdomen muscles. Upper right quadrant. Constant low level pain sapping the energy I have, sharp pain anytime I use my abs. Laughing, sneezing, taking a left turn while driving. It's ridiculous. The obgyn said she thinks It's a strained muscle or something related to a nerve. It's very tiring. Anyone else having the abs pain (not down the center, btw). Upper quadrant, radiating right
  • Options
    Sorry u guys feel like junk. You have my sympathy!
  • Options
    Ahah same as @Craiggles
    All my sympathy !
  • Options
    Ditto, but I hit mine at 35 weeks. I am extremely exhausted and really bitchy. My kids are driving me crazy and I have a very short fuse. Nothing sounds good to eat either. Baby feels like he is making his way lower and lower everyday.

This is my 4th baby, the last month is always SO much fun!! I feel extremely lucky this time around that time seems to be going a lot faster then my last 3.
  • Options
    I know what you mean about the wall, and on top of my body just being ready to be done-- someone stole my fitbit!! :( and work has just been frustrating me more and more. the only plus to all of this is soon i'll be meeting my LO. I hope everyone starts to feel better soon!
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    I feel like I hit a wall sometimes. Some days my back pain is so bad and I have so much pressure in my belly that I can't get comfortable. Other days I feel pretty great. So I'm just taking each great day and chalking it up to a victory. With 43 days left I figure each good day is one day less on my count down. Not long left now ladies! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My midwife told me there are two parts to pregnancy: up to 35w, and 35w to the end. My wall happened in the last few weeks when I was waking up to pee at two or three am, then never falling back asleep. Two weeks of that left me a zombie, but thankfully it improved this week. I couldn't take much more of that!
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Annie550 said:

Second pregnancy. But thanks for your helpful reply!

Totally feeling ya! This is my 3rd pregnancy and it is kicking my butt!!!! I did not feel this way at all with my girls but this little boy is giving me a run for my money!!!

• Options
    I was feeling great, had aheap of energy.
    Was always happy.

Then the realality hit that I'm doing it all by myself, with a 3yr, and a 2nd c section.

I am sitting here depressed while I'm constantly reminded of my ex of 4 years with his new attractive nearly 7 years younger than me bimbo..

But then I think, he's the one missing out! :(

Think I should see a shrink! Haha
    Nah my kids are my life, can't wait to kick these pregnancy hormones in the bum.
    I'm usually a strong person.
  • Options
    Hit my wall a week ago or so - feet blew up out of no where. I think LO started to drop and the extra pressure just puffed them up! And now they're always puffed up - nothing horrible but still noticeable and now I'm experiencing day 2 of pain on the left side of my groin. It makes me feel like my leg is gonna give out and I'll fall over.... 4 more weeks...4 more weeks
  • Options
    I feel like I hit a wall too. I'm not sleeping well, and hat just makes me feel like crap. I sleep better during naps than at night. My belly totally hurts, and I have so many off aches and pains!
  • Options
    I just hit the point of being miserable too. I will be 37 weeks tomorrow and have overall felt wonderful the whole pregnancy with the exception of a few bad days that were over when the next one started. I also go my flu shot on Friday so I'm wondering if that has contributed to being so danged miserable this weekend :(
  • Options
    First baby and agreed. I'm 36 weeks but I def hit a wall around 34/35. I couldn't move as fast and I only really feel the best laying around. Think I'm ready to burst! Plus the 30 lbs is getting to me.... I had a sense is humor and enjoyed my pregnancy. Just recently became super uncomfortable. Stay strong! Were almost there.
  • Options
    This is a useful glimpse into my future. I'm 33 weeks and feeling pretty good, but I definitely need to enjoy these days while I can. Sometimes when I think "okay, this isn't so bad!" I remember that the baby is basically gonna double in size and I have soooo much more growing to do! Every time I see the doctor he's like, "ankles swollen yet?" with a chuckling tone that suggests its only a matter of time. I also think I started to see my first pregnancy related stretch mark* the other day - I haven't looked again because I'm in denial. 

*As opposed to the other pre-pregnancy ones from just, like, too much mid-20's debauchery showing its face via my love handles! At least those ones are all faded by now... ; )
  • Options
    I am feeling just so lonely. Husband is great, colleagues at work are great. I am just missing the friendships I had in high school. These people are lost in my life, and I focused on my studies afterward. And then on my couple. An now I am just alone and it did not bother me much until NOW. Hormones again ? I need a real friend -_- Can I post that on craiglist lol ?

Body works fine though, sorry for all of you having pains everywhere.
  • Options
    I'm depressed. I hit 33 weeks today and I'm so freaking uncomfortable. I can't imagine 7 weeks left of this, I thought I had more time!
  • Options
    LO must have dropped a few days ago and things are rough now. I can feel his head in my pelvis. Turning over in bed brings pain (like I'm squishing him) - I have to sit with my legs apart (like how guys sit) because it's the only comfy position. I definitely got my pregnant waddle going on. I'm only 35 weeks but I'm thinking about asking my doc today to see if I'm dilated at all already because I feel like I might be.
  • Options
    My wall came earlier than most it seems. Around 31/32 weeks, out of nowhere, the fairy tale of the second trimester was gone and the third was in full force. Literally overnight everything started hurting and any symptoms I had were amplified. I was thinking, how am I going to do 2 months of this. Then around 35 weeks, they lightened up again and I feel (more) normal. I'm enjoying it while it lasts, because I know any minute I could slip back and be miserable again. 
  • Options
    rachswi said:
    LO must have dropped a few days ago and things are rough now. I can feel his head in my pelvis. Turning over in bed brings pain (like I'm squishing him) - I have to sit with my legs apart (like how guys sit) because it's the only comfy position. I definitely got my pregnant waddle going on. I'm only 35 weeks but I'm thinking about asking my doc today to see if I'm dilated at all already because I feel like I might be.
    Me 100%. I felt the same way at 35 weeks. At my 36 week appt my doctor said cervix is still closed, but 50% effaced. UGH! I swear she can't get any lower without coming out!
  • Options
    I took on cleaning one of our vacant rental properties here at 36 weeks, well....that was a horrible idea. I can now barely move.....but overall I've felt like crap my whole pregnancy LOL
  • Options
    Yes. I hit that wall last week, I think. I'm 34 weeks now and, in addition to my impressive cankles and man-hands (b/c they are so swollen), I now have a waddle that is good enough to win a waddle competition. I can't even describe where it hurts, exactly. Somewhere inside - sometimes in front and sometimes more toward the back. My emotions are also a little excessive. Yesterday my husband found me sitting on the floor of the closet sobbing. I was sobbing b/c I can't fit my cankles into most of my shoes so I have to wear flip flops or tennis shoes with the laces pulled really far apart. And then I was sobbing more b/c I knew I eventually had to get up from that seated position, and I didn't want to deal with it.

We're having twins

Our angel baby boy is looking over his twin sister - due November 21

• Options
    I came across my wall unexpectedly when I was put on moderate bed rest. I was still active and feeling good, then preterm contractions started, and doctor had to make me tone it down. After being forced to stay put and not do any types of exercises I now feel worse. My body aches when I sit, it aches when I stand, it aches when I lay. Plus I swearrrr she dropped only to come back up again. I've been reading about if that's possible all morning and apparently it is. I could breathe again for weeks and all of a sudden the last few days I can't breathe for the life of me again, and this morning her tush was literally pushing out between my rib cage where as it's normally at belly button range. 37 weeks tomorrow and of course I want her staying put as long as possible, but I'm just ready to feel somewhat normal again. Only a few more weeks left.
  • Options
    I'll be 35 weeks this week and yeah I'm getting pretty miserable. My feet have started swelling a lot more and I feel short of breath more. I also have started snoring pretty bad which my husband loves. Ha! I wake myself up sometimes. That's bad. I'm trying to return a few things from showers that we don't need or got duplicates of and pick up the last few things we need but going shipping is such a pain now. I always have to pee while at the store and just have no energy. Hopefully after this week I will have everything ready and can just relax from here on out. 5 more weeks and I can not wait to have this little guy in my arms and out of my belly.
  • Options
    I'm pretty much in line with everyone else. Feet started to swell a couple weeks ago.
    I've been riding the vomit train throughout my whole pregnancy, but I think I've definitely hit that proverbial wall from an emotional stand point.

I don't know If it frustration from not being able to move well, or excitement, or just overall wild hormones but I have this anxious/excited feeling...like a sugar rush. I can't focus or sit still. I'm definitely preoccupied with the LO.

Also:
    Does everyone at work need to point out that I'm waddling?
  • Options
    Amen to all of this ladies, makes me feel less crazy and alone. To add insult to injury I have a cold... Yay. Those of you who say it got better for a bit are giving me hope. 6 weeks to go
  • Options
    I am only 33w + 3d and I am already feeling like those who have hit "the wall" at 36 weeks. I am not happy that I'm feeling crappy earlier than the rest of you haha, but I am taking it one day at a time and trying to focus on the excitement of nearing the due date!
  • Options
    Is it November yet? 
    Do unto others. 
  • Options
    Craiggles said:

Me too. I have been active consistently and was satisfied w my energy level. I'm now exhausted, craving sugar, my feet look like rectangular bricks and I did something to my abdomen muscles. Upper right quadrant. Constant low level pain sapping the energy I have, sharp pain anytime I use my abs. Laughing, sneezing, taking a left turn while driving. It's ridiculous. The obgyn said she thinks It's a strained muscle or something related to a nerve. It's very tiring. Anyone else having the abs pain (not down the center, btw). Upper quadrant, radiating right

Oh my god I'm craving massive amounts of sugar, it's so bad!
  • Options
    My ribs hurt. My lungs and heart keep getting pushed on. And my body is achey. I'm depressed and I keep telling at my husband for no reason which is making him cranky. The worst part is, is that I don't remember telling then I cry and he laughs because I'm being crazy which only makes me cry more. Then I laugh at my self later cuz I realize I'm being insane!
  • Options
    Hit that wall with my first at 36 w. All pregnancy i've been active and happy. I just didn't care about anything but getting to my doc app and deliver a healthy baby. Last month was just swollen feet and no night sleep. But still accetable. This time around I felt horible from the first days. Sickness , pains , exhaustion and my hands and feet had been swollen since week 20 or so. Now I'm at the point of : please just be over. I would loooove to sleep for the next 4 w and let others worry about everything. I would like to wake up on nov 20 and just be in labour. I don't even care about my cervical displazya. I have a follow up this week and hope to be ok and things got better in the past 8 m....I don't think I' m ready to lose my uterus just yet ...i'm only 28.....so .....but right now I'm sick of beeing this uncomfortable and heavy and sucked out of energy and everything.
  • Options

Amazingly, after hitting the wall in a major way about 2 weeks ago and being oh-ho-achey and uncomfortable, I'm back to feeling really good (more energy, less aches and pains, even less heartburn!) as of a few days ago (I'll be 37w tomorrow). Not posting this to brag, but rather to say there is hope, wall-hitters!

• Options
    Bettytteb said:

Amazingly, after hitting the wall in a major way about 2 weeks ago and being oh-ho-achey and uncomfortable, I'm back to feeling really good (more energy, less aches and pains, even less heartburn!) as of a few days ago (I'll be 37w tomorrow). Not posting this to brag, but rather to say there is hope, wall-hitters!

Lucky you.....I had to go to the dentist because of a chipped tooth...so that was fun. Sitting for more than 1 h in that chair with some tiny feet in my ribs...was oh....so much fun!
  • Options

Lucky you.....I had to go to the dentist because of a chipped tooth...so that was fun. Sitting for more than 1 h in that chair with some tiny feet in my ribs...was oh....so much fun!

Thanks! I think I should give like 90% of the credit to my chiropractor. I was hobbling around with SI joint inflammation and she worked some serious magic on it. And oh man, going to the dentist at this point in pregnancy sounds like a nightmare! I can't imaging having to sit in the same position for an hour. I feel like I need to shift like every 5 minutes!

• Options
    Bettytteb said:

Bettytteb said:

Thanks! I think I should give like 90% of the credit to my chiropractor. I was hobbling around with SI joint inflammation and she worked some serious magic on it. And oh man, going to the dentist at this point in pregnancy sounds like a nightmare! I can't imaging having to sit in the same position for an hour. I feel like I need to shift like every 5 minutes!

It was like 20 m in the waiting room and past 1 h only in the chair. When I got up....i was unsure if I'm standing or colapsed. After the first 20 min in that chair my son started kicking and moving around constantly. It was so so painfull. And let's just say this: if ob said to give me anesthetic do it man! He gave me half of dose (I usually get 1.5 ...because I'm very sensitive and can feel the pain for days if I'm not properly injected) ....well....half way through the procedure....I could feel every touch. Almost a week later it still hurts in that spot and from there half my head with it. So yeah....fun fun fun. Thank god that it was not pus like with my first. I was so swollen on one side that I was desfigured. And nothing numbs pus. So they had to cut my inside jaw live so the pus can come out. Now....that was no picnik either.