3rd Trimester
Options

High protein but not pre eclampsia?

abbeyyyabbeyyy member
edited October 2015 in 3rd Trimester
Hello,
I was just wondering if anyone knew or have had anything similar to what I am currently having.
I've been in and out of day care and they want to do weekly cheeks on my blood pressure and bloods and wee, I have +++protein and they actually did a count on one sample and it came back with at lease 234! And the normal is way under 30. Today I saw my midwife and on top of the protein there was ++blood which I've had for a few weeks and now ++glucose.
They're not concered in the slightest it's pre e and have no idea what it could be. I've had a couple of head aches and minor swelling but told that's normal in pregnancy also blood pressure is around 140/90 which they say is normal but on my notes from week 8-31 it's been 120/70ish I've had lots of kidney problems (one smaller and scared) from a child but they're not concerned about that either. Any one have any clue to what this could be? The doctors aren't much help! Also I'm 33 weeks and 5 days
Thanks X

Re: High protein but not pre eclampsia?

• Options
    Proteins are usually kidney or adrenal issues.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    234 is,not really all that high although dx of pre-eclampsia can happen with proteins 250 and up but generally only when paired with HBP or abnormal blood work. I've had pre-e issues every pregnancy. With #2 my protein was over 1500 mg at 32 weeks and over 2600 at 40 weels when we delivered. With #3 protein was over 1300 mg at 24 weeks and fluctuated up and down until delivery. I did have some luck controlling my protein with the renal diet so maybe look into that? I will add that my pre-e (dx through HBP and high protein) didn't cause any issues for me or my LOs.
    DS1: 8/3/10, DD1: 8/17/13, DD2: 8/13/15
    Twins lost to due to partial molar pregnancy: September 2011 
    ~~PAL, PgAL Always Welcome~~
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh wow that is a lot :( was that just a normal wee sample or the 24 hour thing? I have a check up Tomorrow so am going to ask for the 24 hour as no mention of it even though that's apparently what diagnosis pre e #-o hahaa and I shall look in to that thanks! Glad there was no issues for you all:) lucky hehe
  • Options
    My dip tests were generally 2+ or 3+ which earned me weekly 24 hr collections.
    DS1: 8/3/10, DD1: 8/17/13, DD2: 8/13/15
    Twins lost to due to partial molar pregnancy: September 2011 
    ~~PAL, PgAL Always Welcome~~
  • Options
    Blood pressure of 140/90 or over a couple times in a row, along with a 24 protein number of 427mg got me diagnosed with mild pre-e. I'm to go in if blood pressure goes to or above 160/100, and they would consider inducing at protein numbers of 5,000mg or higher. 
  • Options
    I had ++ protein in urine and it was due to a UTI. I had it again and it was due to contamination in the urine from vaginal discharge. Make sure your wee is as clear as possible when you provide your sample. Good luck x