Trying to Get Pregnant

Implantation bleeding

Hi ladies,
I'm new here and so if I'm posting this in the wrong place I apologize. I just have a question about implantation
I haven't been actively ttc, so I haven't kept track of anything but,
I've had some symptoms for mostly the past week or so. Sore swollen boobs, nausea, light cramping, headaches, fatigue, constipation, etc. AF is due today, and I woke up feeling fine. Usually when I start my period I wake up with horrendous cramps from hell. Later, I started getting light cramps that come and go. Feels more like pressure than anything. My tummy is rumbling and lot, and I suddenly had to go poo. I had some loose stool and then when I wiped my pee, the tp had some light red/light brown blood on it. This has happened twice since I've peed, and then stopped. Do you think this is implantation bleeding or just AF playing a trick on me?

Answers

• This question might not go over well here...

There's no way to know whether what you're experiencing is due to pregnancy unless you have a positive HPT. Enough hCG for symptoms of pregnancy = enough to turn a test positive.

Implantation bleeding is fairly rare, and can only be confirmed in hindsight after confirmation of pregnancy.

Bottom line? Take a test.
  • Okay thank you..I'm still trying to navigate my way around here so I wasn't sure. Do you think I should wait a few days to test? And is there a way I can delete my post just in case some people get upset with me?
  • Loading the player...
  • Sounds like your period to me, but there is no way that we could know for sure. If you're serious about TTC, read the newbie thread at the top of this board for a ton of great information. Good luck!
    Me - 30; DH - 30
    TTC #1 since June 2015
    3/16 - Started infertility testing
    4/16 - SA results: borderline low count/morph
    8/16 - Ultrasound and HSG: all clear! Prescribed Bromocriptine for elevated Prolactin levels.
    9/16 - Prolactin down to normal levels! 

IUI #1 - 9/21/16 - Clomid 50mg, Estrace, Ovidrel, Progesterone/Estradiol - 4 follies - BFP! EDD 6/15/17 Team PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hi ladies,
    I'm new here and so if I'm posting this in the wrong place I apologize. I just have a question about implantation
    I haven't been actively ttc, so I haven't kept track of anything but,
    I've had some symptoms for mostly the past week or so. Sore swollen boobs, nausea, light cramping, headaches, fatigue, constipation, etc. AF is due today, and I woke up feeling fine. Usually when I start my period I wake up with horrendous cramps from hell. Later, I started getting light cramps that come and go. Feels more like pressure than anything. My tummy is rumbling and lot, and I suddenly had to go poo. I had some loose stool and then when I wiped my pee, the tp had some light red/light brown blood on it. This has happened twice since I've peed, and then stopped. Do you think this is implantation bleeding or just AF playing a trick on me?

Also, QFP.
    Me - 30; DH - 30
    TTC #1 since June 2015
    3/16 - Started infertility testing
    4/16 - SA results: borderline low count/morph
    8/16 - Ultrasound and HSG: all clear! Prescribed Bromocriptine for elevated Prolactin levels.
    9/16 - Prolactin down to normal levels! 

IUI #1 - 9/21/16 - Clomid 50mg, Estrace, Ovidrel, Progesterone/Estradiol - 4 follies - BFP! EDD 6/15/17 Team PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1. Definitely don't delete your post--others can learn from it.

2. Check out the pinned threads at the top of the board, particularly the Ultimate Guide to TTGP. Board guidelines, lingo, temping info, etc up there.

3. Go ahead and test if you like, but there's no way to actually know whether AF is due today since you haven't been charting, and O dates can change for any given month. Test once a week until a + or AF, and call your doctor if neither occurs in 60 days.
  • edited October 2015
    You have got to be kidding me...

You have been a member since October 5. Why have you not taken the time to lurk and get a feel for this community. You have have four days to do that. WE DO NOT SYMPTOM SPOT here. You are more than welcomes to join another community who supports that but we do not do that here. Pee a freaking stick for crying out loud before asking a bunch of strangers if you are pregnant or not. 
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• I'm sorry if I upset you, I have actually been working doubles at work for the past three days and haven't really had time until now to sit down and look. I've never been pregnant before, so this is all new to me. And I never asked if I was pregnant, I was only asking if this was normal implantation signs. I'm just looking for guidance and I never meant to make anyone mad.
  • Just an FYI, you wouldn't have symptoms before implantation. It's scientifically impossible. Also implantation happens about a week before your period. You may want to read up on how cycles work.....

• Look, implantation bleeding is basically the unicorn of early pregnancy "symptoms." It's rare. You should operate as if you are the rule and not the exception to said rule. You're probably getting your period. 
    DS 12.02.11

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Even if I was actually asking about being pregnant, that doesn't give someone the right attack me. I think the older members should be aware that new members are still trying to find their way around. I understand that you probably have this happen a lot, and it can get irritating, but please be patient. That's why apologized in the first place...I wasn't sure where I should post this and now it's just become a lot bigger deal than it was supposed to be.
  • OP - no need to get upset. Lurk, read and search, it'll help you understand how this board works. When there are multiple posts like this a day it gets very frustrating. 

Once you read, you'll see this is a great group of women who support one another. Good luck on your journey.
    July '16 May Siggy Challenge 

BabyFetus Ticker
    Me: 29
    DH: 32
    Married: June 2011
    DD #1: December 2013
    DD #2: EDD July 2016
  • Even if I was actually asking about being pregnant, that doesn't give someone the right attack me. I think the older members should be aware that new members are still trying to find their way around. I understand that you probably have this happen a lot, and it can get irritating, but please be patient. That's why apologized in the first place...I wasn't sure where I should post this and now it's just become a lot bigger deal than it was supposed to be.

You're right, people jump on here all the time and ask the proverbial "am I pregnant?", and it gets irritating as they clearly didn't take the time to read the TOU, check out the rules, or get to know anyone. On a public forum, people will respond however they like, and will likely respond with some snark in these instances as is understandable.

You're not the first and you certainly won't be the last to get some push-back for this. Here's the thing--you apologized, which is great. Several ladies have gotten flamed (much worse than this), apologized, and become valued posters. Stick around--it's worth it!
  • Take a test!!!
  • Yes, it's just disheartening when I'm trying to polite and just figure things out and then I get reprimanded. So thank you Crdo for being kind and patient with me. I really appreciate it.
  • ReesaAnne16ReesaAnne16 member
    edited October 2015
    Hi @Angiemarie95
    I hope you stick around and read the newbie thread. I've learned A TON about my own cycle by only being here a month, these ladies do have a lot of knowledge they are willing to share.

The reason we try not to symptom spot around here, is to avoid false hope. TTC is nerve wracking and heartbreaking enough, without adding the drama of symptom spotting.  Read some of the WTO (waiting to ovulate) and TWW (two week wait) threads and start there :) welcome 

Me 34 DH 36 Married since July 2010 
    MFI (High DNA Fragmentation) & Mild endometriosis
    TTC #1 since June 2015 
    Aug 2016 - May 2017  6 IUI's with letrozole - BFN
    April 2017 - laparoscopy to remove mild endo
    June 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU - Cancelled early ovulation, no eggs retrieved. 
    Aug/Sept 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU, cetrotide - 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature
    5 eggs ICSI'd 6 eggs frozen - 1 day 5 blast transfered, 2 expanded blast frozen - BFP!
    May 2018 - Baby girl born - Our Joy

TTC #2 since July 2019
    July 2019 - FET - BFN
    Jan 2020 - FET - canceled due to family health issues
    Mar 2020 - FET - low beta - chemical pregnancy
    July 2020 - ICSI'd remaining 6 eggs - 3 fertilized - 2 survived to early blast stage, transfered both - Chemical Pregnancy

• Yes, it's just disheartening when I'm trying to polite and just figure things out and then I get reprimanded. So thank you Crdo for being kind and patient with me. I really appreciate it.

Yeah, but that's just how it goes when you break TOU--just chalk it up to a lesson learned, start with the newbie thread up top, and go from there! :)>-
  • This thread has been closed. Please do not post pictures of your pregnancy test and/or ask the Community if you are pregnant. Instead, please visit our 1st Trimester board to discuss early possible pregnancy symptoms and the thread pinned to the top of this board called, “What does a positive pregnancy test really look like?” where members are permitted to display their pregnancy tests.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit the The Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"