Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

New to TTC

Hi Everyone My name is Kelsey and my hubby and I are starting our third month of trying. We've been married 5 years. I have not been ready but now am. I have baby fever. My friend just had her baby and I'm in love! I took my last pill after 10 years in July. I'm with everybody else wanting to get that big BFP right away. This past cycle I used the app, ovulation test which I'm positive worked (went from nothing to matching lines over 3 days) and tried 4 times in the fertile window and 2 more right outside it. I've always had a regular cycle and been normal. I lost 60 pounds and exercise 3+ times a week. I'm day 10 post ovulation and have had zero symptoms until today. I'm crampy have a terrible headache and fatigued. It could be PMS. I guess my question is if it didn't work is there anything else we can do? I have started charting my temp this week. Any suggestions are welcome. : )

Re: New to TTC

• Options
    Welcome :) You're doing all the right things, temping will really help you understand your cycle better. It can take a normal couple a year to conceive so learn as much as you can, but have patience :) 
    Congrats on losing all that weight, that is an awesome achievement! 

Me 34 DH 36 Married since July 2010 
    MFI (High DNA Fragmentation) & Mild endometriosis
    TTC #1 since June 2015 
    Aug 2016 - May 2017  6 IUI's with letrozole - BFN
    April 2017 - laparoscopy to remove mild endo
    June 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU - Cancelled early ovulation, no eggs retrieved. 
    Aug/Sept 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU, cetrotide - 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature
    5 eggs ICSI'd 6 eggs frozen - 1 day 5 blast transfered, 2 expanded blast frozen - BFP!
    May 2018 - Baby girl born - Our Joy

TTC #2 since July 2019
    July 2019 - FET - BFN
    Jan 2020 - FET - canceled due to family health issues
    Mar 2020 - FET - low beta - chemical pregnancy
    July 2020 - ICSI'd remaining 6 eggs - 3 fertilized - 2 survived to early blast stage, transfered both - Chemical Pregnancy

• Options
    Depending on how long your LP is you could possibly test if you wanted to.  Many think if you are possibly having symptoms then you should be able to see a line, even a faint one, on a HPT.  I have gotten a positive at 7 DPO.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you haven't already, check out the book "Taking Charge of your Fertility" it has so much information! 
    Good luck to you!
    ME: 24 | HIM: 30
    Dr put me on BC pills at age 18 to regulate period. 
    <3 Got Married July 2013  <3
    TTC: Since Jan. 2014. 
    Diagnosed with PCOS Fall 2014. (Not IR)
    Fertility Acupuncture March 2015 - December 2015
    First BFP on 2/6/2016!

(Typical Cycle length 35-48 days)