Options

TWW Thursday

2»

Re: TWW Thursday

• Options
    MNturnsVA said:

******lurking from WTO******

@jolydan- how long is your LP usually?

@laurenmn2123- the coverline is just a "visual aid" really if you will to help you see the overall shift in pattern/temps.  FF says that is all it really is.  So temps at or below don't really mean much or you shouldn't put much stock into them necessarily because of where they are in relation to the cover line.

@jenners24- I don't like BFN's so I don't usually test.  I usually wait for temp drop or AF.

@severmilli12- I really can't imagine being in your shoes.  I would agree with PP, maybe you should take what sounds to be a much needed break and see about getting in with an RE if you haven't done so already?  Big hugs to you and be good to you over the next few days!!

@funkymooncow- I'm sorry that you have been on this journey so long.  If you don't mind sharing your story, I'd love to hear it.  I'm on month 6 of TTC and hearing other people's journeys helps to keep me grounded.  You can send it to me in a private message if you want.  If you don't want to share, no worries, I understand.

@hockeyfan42- oh my gosh, last month @ 12 DPO my dog was all over me and wouldn't leave me alone and was sleeping in between my legs, which he almost never does that.  I feel ya girl!!

@Lasscher- it is an evil trick that AF symptoms and pregnancy ones are the same.  I will prob cave a time or two and sneak in a temp here and there myself but I'm going to try to stay strong and not temp at all during the TWW.
    @MNturnsVA I usually start spotting/bleeding (depending on AF mood) at 13DPO so in this case Sunday. Still a couple of days to go.
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: 32/9

Timing: -2, -1, 0

Testing Plans: Caved a couple days ago, am wasting wondfos as we speak

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk: I feel like AF is coming tomorrow- a lot crampier and sore boobs of a few days ago are back to normal, just slightly more full. I am still getting normal after BCP and last month my LP was either 11 days or 9 (depending on how one looks at my chart). Thought I had a ghost shadow on a wondfo this morning with FMU, but I was probably looking at an evap line (can that happen within the time frame specified?)

GTKY: What was your best Halloween costume of all time? I was a cheetah as a little kid and my mom sewed the best costume to fit over a snowsuit :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks @MNturnsVA!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    Cd 28 / 11dpo

Timing: -4, -2, -1

Testing plans: I have been testing since 8/9 dpo. I couldn't resist. Tested again this am - bfn. Off and on cramping - with very slight spotting. I dunno, I think I'm out this cycle.

Rant/rave: this month has been weird from the get go. I hate to symptom spot cuz it means nothing until bfp, but I'm not hungry lately, normally I'm starving eating frequently. I don't really have much of in interest in food. Even sweets really which I never say no, it's my one weakness. I also have no acne which is a tell- take sign of upcoming Af but nothing. Cramping off and on. Dull ache, odd sharp pain from time to time in ovaries? It's the spotting that makes me not convinced and it's af on its way. I've had strange/odd months too, so I guess keep testing until bfp. But definitely sketical either way of bfp/af.

GTKY: what was your best Halloween costume of all time? Mine was prolly a homemade bumblebee costume. Made the wings, used electrical tape on a yellow shirt, and made the stinger from a toilet paper roll. It was simple but cost me nothing and was comfortable to wear.
    Me:28 (PCOS, DOR), DH: 32 (low morphology)
    TTC since March 2012
    2013-2014 - 6 rounds of Clomid - BFNs
    3 failed IUIs in 2015
    October 2015 - wait listed for IVF #1
    IVF #1 March 2016 - bfn, zero frosties!
    Femara cycle 1 May 2016 - POAS starting May 21st / beta testing May 25th....

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 25/4

Timing: -2, O 

Testing Plans: My LP is almost never more than 11 days, so I'm just going to wait it out this time and not waste tests. Don't feel confident with our timing, as DH didn't finish on the O date....

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk: I highly, highly recommend to people to stop testing after you can confirm O (preferably with solid CH), especially if you are one of those people who obsesses over the TWW. It's nice to not have to set an alarm to temp, it keeps you from obsessing over every little temp and dip, etc, and it truly does help with the anxiety. I challenge everyone to try it at least once and see how you feel!

GTKY: What was your best Halloween costume of all time? When I was little, I was a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle for 3 years straight. STILL my best costume ever!

Me: 28 DH: 33

DD: Born 7/30/13, 2 years old

TTC #2: August 2015

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 7/5

CD/DPO: 37/3

Timing: -4 , -3, -1, O, +1

Testing Plans: 13dpo if I can make it

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk:  Just trying to keep my sanity for the next 10 days.

GTKY: What was your best Halloween costume of all time?  I think it would be dressing up as a boy in high school.  It was fun (also super comfy haha) and I tricked so many of my friends.  Also got compliments that I was a good looking guy, not sure how to take that..? lol
    Me: 26  DH: 29
    Married since May 2013
    DS born July 2014
    TTC#2 since April 2015
    BFP on 7/2/2013

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 3

CD/DPO: 9 dpo

Timing: every other day during predicted O week

Testing Plans: Monday - keeping busy until then.

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk: Feeling nothing. No symptoms, mild cramping on left side but that kinda matches my AF symptoms from previous months. I just don't know.. still feeling negative about this cycle and mildly depressed.

GTKY: What was your best Halloween costume of all time? I love making Halloween Costumes, one of my favs was a Toadstool mushroom costume I sewed myself. Wore it a few years to different events, always a blast!
    Me:35, DH 37  ~ Married July 2014
    ttc July 2015 ~ bfp Nov 2015 (cp)
    bfp Dec 2015 ~ (tfmr 17wk, March 2016, genetic disease)
    ttcal May 2016
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 6/5

CD/DPO: 27/13

Timing: blah

Testing Plans: None - started spotting today so I'm sure I will see the temp drop tomorrow.

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk: I expected this wasn't going to be our cycle but it also just super sucks to have confirmation. I really hate AF - time to break out the wine.

GTKY: What was your best Halloween costume of all time? Back in college I did Princess Leia (white pantsuit from Hoth scenes). Back then my hair was ridiculously long so I actually did the hairstyle sans wig. I'll try to find a pic and update :)
  • Options

Caved and tested. BFN. I can't help but to feel soo angry right now. Then, I tell myself I'm selfish for feeling this way because I know others have been struggling and I should appreciate my current life status. But I think, just for today, I'll allow myself a small pity party.

I'm with you. Let's drink all the wine
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 15/6

CD/DPO:23/5

Timing:-4,-3,-2,-1,0, +1

Testing Plans:I think I'm just going to wait out AF this time.  I know I've been saying 10 dpo but I'm just not feeling it this month.  After getting so excited to test month after month, I just don't want to be let down again.

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk:  I started temping as soon as my new Mabis arrived - is this pointless?  Should I start with a fresh cycle or do you think I could still get some info for this cycle?  I've been temping for the past two days and was planning on finishing it out for the rest of the month to get into the habit.

GTKY: What was your best Halloween costume of all time?  I dressed up as Abby Lee Miller, the coach from Dance Moms last year.  Talk about some big hair!
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 4/3

CD/DPO: 23/7

Timing: -6, -3, -1, +1, +2

Testing Plans: I am probably going to start testing with Wonfos tomorrow. I just can't help myself. 

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk: none currently- I'm just kicking myself with all of this darn symptom spotting.

GTKY: What was your best Halloween costume of all time? Probably a clown. I haven't been that creative with Halloween costumes.
    Married May 2010
    DD born April 2011
    #2 EDD July 2016

• Options
    Kjack85Kjack85 member
    edited October 2015
    Month/Cycle :1

CD /DPO: 25/ (did not confirm O)

Timing : O (predicted), +1,+2

Testing plans: nothing until missed AF. I can't take the BFN....it's only month 1 and I've been a tad obsessive especially since we are on a tight timeline

Rants/raves/chart stalk: This entire TTC process is much more complicated than I expected. I feel so incompetent trying to learn everything. I should have started reading about the process much early.

GTKY: Wasn't allowed to celebrate Halloween so no fun costumes.
  • Options
    meggyme said:

***possible bfp***

I just got 2 extremely faint lines on my wondfo tests. I hope it's not my eyes playing tricks on me. I took a picture just so I could keep looking at it. I'm off to buy more reliable sticks to pee on in the morning. DH is away tonight so I have no one to judge me and all the time to arrange a fantastic surprise for him. Keep your fingers crossed!

Congrats!
  • Options
    meggyme said:
    ***possible bfp*** I just got 2 extremely faint lines on my wondfo tests. I hope it's not my eyes playing tricks on me. I took a picture just so I could keep looking at it. I'm off to buy more reliable sticks to pee on in the morning. DH is away tonight so I have no one to judge me and all the time to arrange a fantastic surprise for him. Keep your fingers crossed!

Congrats. Keep us posted. FX for you! 
    Me:28 (PCOS, DOR), DH: 32 (low morphology)
    TTC since March 2012
    2013-2014 - 6 rounds of Clomid - BFNs
    3 failed IUIs in 2015
    October 2015 - wait listed for IVF #1
    IVF #1 March 2016 - bfn, zero frosties!
    Femara cycle 1 May 2016 - POAS starting May 21st / beta testing May 25th....

• Options
    Fx for you @meggyme!!
  • Options
    FX @meggyme !

CD/DPO: 18/5

Timing: -5, -4 , -3, -2, O

Testing Plans: still shooting for 10dpo but spent too much time at the link that was sent around this morning so may cave at 8dpo.

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk: DH is starting to ask about symptoms, temps, etc, which is nice but kinda weird! Otherwise just....waiting and watching....

GTKY: What was your best Halloween costume of all time? In the first few years after we were married, DH and I used to crush the Halloween costume scene. Hard to pick a favorite, but I think I have to pick the year we were mimes. We kept up the act the whole night and were so realistic that one bar wouldn't let us in! Good times.
    Me: 36 | DH: 34
    Married: May 2008
    TTC #1 since August 2015
    FET #1: November 4, 2016
    BFP: November 13, 2016 
    EDD: July 25, 2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Okay, how do you all deal with symptom spotting because I'm 6 DPO and symptom spotting like crazy, every twitch or slight cramp immediately is implantation something in my mind and its driving me crazy because I know I'm being totally irrational. Suggestions to not be totally BSC?
  • Options
    @Sgoldberg247 the website "countdown to pregnancy" really helped me with the symptom
    Spotting when I realized that the average implantation day is 9DPO. Looking at the stats and everything made me realize chances were I was becoming BSC
  • Options
    FX @meggyme but sounds like congrats are in order!

Update: *TMI* had a slight tinge of pink CM after going to the bathroom, then a little more brown a little later. I can't figure out if I feel crampy or if it's in my head. I'm only CD24/9DPO so it's early for AF, but I guess not out of the question. Last two cycles were 27 and 29 days.

Of course someone posted that 9DPO is the most common day for implantation, lol so now I'm talking myself into that. I guess I will just have to see what my temp does in the morning.

DS: June 2008
    Married: July 2015
    BFP: 5/20/16  |  EDD: 1/28/17  |  Twin boys born 1/16/17
  • Options
    **Lurking from WTO**

Congrats/FX @meggyme!
    Okay, how do you all deal with symptom spotting because I'm 6 DPO and symptom spotting like crazy, every twitch or slight cramp immediately is implantation something in my mind and its driving me crazy because I know I'm being totally irrational. Suggestions to not be totally BSC?
    I symptom spotted like crazy last cycle. I even had weird cramping that I NEVER get on 5/6 DPO and I KNEW it had to be implantation; I had a weird temp dip too, and thennnnn BFN followed by AF... Take it with a grain of salt. Every symptom can be explained away probably by progesterone or some other random happening in your body. I have been trying to keep that in mind, too, but I know it's hard. :) I found that since we started TTC I'm paying way more attention to my body also, so things that I think are brand new/never happened before, probably did happen, and I just never noticed it. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I know that I'm being irrational and knowing that I'm not the only one oddly helps. @jolydan that site is awesome!
  • Options
    jolydan said:

@Sgoldberg247 the website "countdown to pregnancy" really helped me with the symptom
    Spotting when I realized that the average implantation day is 9DPO. Looking at the stats and everything made me realize chances were I was becoming BSC

Yes that's the site I was on last night with DH! Totally calmed me (not that I'm cured but I'm definitely better) and helped me realize that there really is nothing to do until around 8/9DPO at earliest. Really interesting stats!
    Me: 36 | DH: 34
    Married: May 2008
    TTC #1 since August 2015
    FET #1: November 4, 2016
    BFP: November 13, 2016 
    EDD: July 25, 2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 1

CD/DPO: 30/14

Timing:-1, 1

Testing Plans: I ran out of things to pee on... Waiting to get more or AF to show- whichever comes first.

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk: so nauseous.. So so nauseous.

GTKY: What was your best Halloween costume of all time? I've never really participated in Halloweeen. Sadfaceemoji
      Me: 27    DH: 37
    Humans to 1 dog, 2 cats!
    Dating: Feb 2012
    Married: Sep 2015
    NTNP: Sep 2015
    TTC#1: May 2016
  • Options

CD/DPO: 21/ 8-9 ??

Timing: ED during FW and then some

Testing Plans: have zero will power. Today BFN. I enjoy staring at stark white test strips...

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk: ugh. Annoyed at the TWW. Annoyed at my brains for symptom spotting.
    Also DH is about to go in a two week trip to Germany for work so sad because I will miss him. BUT I will be joining him at the end of the month for a one week vacation and it would be AMAZING if I got a bfp while he was away and then I get to tell him while on our trip. So I've been annoyed that I'm getting my hopes up and dreaming of this hypothetical magical moment and I know I will be disappointed. Ugh.

GTKY: What was your best Halloween costume of all time?
    DH and I LOVE the Renaissance fair and we have really cool outfits from there. So that's my best one. HOWEVER I still think my late-high school and college costume was the best ever: wear all black (aka comfortable clothes) wear all black make up, and when people asked I said I was a shadow. Yeah I'm brilliant - and lazy - like that hahaha ;) DH says that's not valid and I would be disqualified at a contest...
      Anniversary

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 3/3
    CD/DPO: CD: 19 | DPO: 4
    Timing: -4,-3, 0, +1
    Testing Plans: Closer to when AF is due
    Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk:  I can't wait for Friday already.
    GTKY: What was your best Halloween costume of all time? I turned myself into grandma to my daughter's Little Red Riding Hood.

DH: 35 | Me: 29
    BFP #1- 07.25.12, EDD: 03.24.13, DD born 03.26.13
    Surprised BFP #2- 02.25.15, EDD: 10/29/15 |*m/c 7w4d, D&C 04.02.2015 
    BFP #3- 01.21.16, EDD: 09.29.26 |*m/c-blighted ovum 2.19.16 8w1d, D&C 03.04.16 
    BFP #4- 05.24.16, EDD: 02.04.17 |*natural m/c-  07.08.16, 9w1d
    BFP #5- 09/25/16, EDD: 06.07.17 GROW
    , BABY, GROW! 

• Options
    AmMcc12AmMcc12 member
    edited October 2015
    @bpfeiff84 I would wait for a new cycle. You never know the two thermometers could be off from eachother...

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 23/6

Timing: -5, -3, +1

Testing Plans: I will probably cave this weekend.

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk: trying not to symptom spot

GTKY: What was your best Halloween costume of all time? As a last minute costume in college, DH and I went as business casual ping pong players... B-)

ETA: Tag and own response
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Options
    @laurenm2123 you're an APhi?! I am too!