C-sections

Plus size scheduled c section very nervous

My c section is sceduled for this friday and i am very nervous. This is my first child and not knowing what to expect is terrifying me. I'm worried that i will panic and not be able to breath from the medication that will be used, i have a history of blacking out with certiain medications. I'm also worried that i will not heal due to being overweight. If anyone has any experiences that would help i would love to hear your stories.

Re: Plus size scheduled c section very nervous

• Don't worry you will be fine. I've had two CS already. I was about a size 16 during my CS last year. They will put you on fluids in an IV before surgery. When you get the epidural that's the worst part. I don't know your pain tolerence but it hurt when I got it and there may be a slight burning sensation that is the numbing medicine. The surgery alone is fine, a little scary but you won't see anything. You may feel pressure at times but no pain. It goes fast about 30 mins or so. As far as recovery the best advice I can give is try to get up and moving as soon as you can. The faster you're up and walking the faster you will recover and try to get some of those support underwear to wear afterwards. Good luck and don't worry, you got this!
  • I am plus size and I had a c-section in June with twins. I am a FTM and didn't know what to expect. It really was not bad. Once the epidural kicked in I felt nothing but maybe a little tugging. I would also say get up and move around as soon as they let you. And also don't be afraid to take the pain meds. My doctor said to stay on top of the pain meds in the beginning and I did the first two days so I think that helped a lot. So try not to worry. You will do fine and in the end it's all worth it when you see your beautiful baby!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I was technically plus size when I delivered as well. You'll be okay!! Get up and walk around as much as you can, when you can. That will help with your recovery. I didn't feel a thing during my c section. No tugging, pulling, pushing, etc when my daughter was born. I definitely agree with staying on top of the pain. I was not very good at that. I was trying to do too much and everything myself even though my mom was there to help. Congratulations!!
  • I had a scheduled c section. I was a size 14 pre pregnancy and gained quite a bit of weight. I had a very easy delivery and recovery.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm overweight and I'm 4 months pp and healed up just fine. The majority of the pain went away within the first week and now I only feel pain every now and then but nothing major.
  • *I know this is super delayed but for any future seekers of information...*

Im a size 18-20 pre preg and the delivery was super easy. I mean, you are sore and what not but completely doable. I didn't take any narcotics past whatever they gave me IV and was up walking within 24 hours. Scar healed without issues. The worst thing for me was I had the most horrible shakes during and after the csection. Also I felt like I was going to pass out during but I think that was mostly nerves (csection was unexpected).