March 2015 Moms
Options

Tantrums ??

Ok, I do not know if my baby is starting to throw tantrums or what. He will sometimes just freak out. I'm talking kicking, screaming, growling, pulling on his face and pulling his ears and the back of his head, and blowing snot everywhere. They last anywhere from 10-45 minutes and usually happen when he wakes up from his afternoon nap or if he wakes up in the middle of the night and I go in there. I know he is teething so I can't tell if it's teeth pain or if he is having a breakdown. I don't know what age tantrums start but I'm assuming it's not 6 months?Anyone else going through something similar? Or if anyone has any tips?

Re: Tantrums ??

• Options
    DustyMelonsDustyMelons member
    edited October 2015
    SMac2013 said:
    Ok, I do not know if my baby is starting to throw tantrums or what. He will sometimes just freak out. I'm talking kicking, screaming, growling, pulling on his face and pulling his ears and the back of his head, and blowing snot everywhere. They last anywhere from 10-45 minutes and usually happen when he wakes up from his afternoon nap or if he wakes up in the middle of the night and I go in there. I know he is teething so I can't tell if it's teeth pain or if he is having a breakdown. I don't know what age tantrums start but I'm assuming it's not 6 months?Anyone else going through something similar? Or if anyone has any tips?

I haven't experienced anything like that. Honestly I would call the pediatrician, I'd be worried about an ear infection or other health issue. How long has this been going on?
  • Options
    Agree with pp. That is not something I have experienced with either of my kids at this age.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My baby has been throwing tantrums and falling out for a few months now pulling hair kicking and screaming. I tell her no don't scratch and she keeps going until she falls asleep. I don't know what to do either it drives me nuts that she scratches her face and pulls the little hair she has
  • Options
    My LO throws "tantrums", but never pulls his hair or ears or scratches himself. He does give this little forceful yell and ball his fists, and if we are holding him, he goes all limp noodle on us. But other than the yelling, balled fists, and limp body, no other occurrences during a baby meltdown. We also tell him "No" when he's doing it. I'm trying to break the habit now!

You might consider calling your pediatrician, just to be safe. Maybe his ears are bothering him..? Or something else you can't see. Better safe than sorry, right?
  • Options
    My daughter loves to throw a good tantrum. We've tried to teach her 'no' for a while now, weather she's pinching me or pulling my hair to anything else. She will just scream for no reason, then will stop after a few minutes. She's never pulled her hair or her ears (other than when she's tired) but I think she's getting to know that she can't get whatever she wants or do whatever she wants! She will also throw a paddy when she can't reach something so I know exactly what's a tantrum compared to when she's hungry or everything else!