2nd Trimester
Options

Twins

I found out early I was pregnant with twins at 7 weeks and its been a struggle trying to cope with this I have two daughters already 7 and 3. Is it wrong to hope for a boy and a girl? I am going to the doctors every two weeks because I'm losing weight I'm always sick and can't keep anything down but the most part is not being able to do what I used to with my girls. How can I deal with this :((

Re: Twins

• Options
    Sorry to hear that you're going through a difficult time. We're on the same boat as I'm also pregnant with twins (both girls) and I'm also finding it really hard, except this is my first pregnancy. I'm now 24 weeks.

My morning sickness lasted a long time (started at week 6 and ended at week 20). It was really bad when I was at 10-11 weeks because I couldn't keep any food or fluids down and due to that, I had to go to the ER twice for IV fluids. I lost 10 pounds during my 1st trimester. It will get better over time, but definitely have someone help you out throughout your pregnancy for the things you can't do now as your main priority is getting lots of rest because your body is on overdrive growing two babies at once.

I don't think it's wrong to hope for a boy or girl, but unfortunately we have to take what we're given.

Just hang in there!
  • Options

I'm sorry you are having a rough time. That sounds really really unpleasant.

Can you tell your OB you are feeling overwhelmed and maybe ask them for some resources in the area for moms of Multiples? I'm sure there are moms in  your area with other children and multiples afterward. Reach out and see what you get. Just like a singleton, twins are an adjustment for the family (everyone). Eventually, over time, y'all will find a new normal. Good luck.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks a lot hoping I can get the gender at my ultrasound tomorrow
  • Options
    Pregnancy in general is nuts and I cannot imagine twins. Hugs to you.