Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Pregnant, again and scared

I suffered a still birth at 21 weeks in April. No medically known reason was found. I had no warning or no indication. I only found out at a routine doctors appointment. I have been through a lot trying to repair my mind and heart and family from such a devastating loss. I have found really special ways to honor my son and carry him in my heart daily. I've recently found out I am expecting again. Of course I am elated but I'm also terrified. Terrified because no one can tell me what went wrong, or what I did, or what not to do again. Through my grieving, I met women who lost their babies at all different ages and stages and now I think I am completely freaked out because anything can happen at any time and I don't feel safe. I knew this to be true before I had my son but having had experienced it and knowing I'm not invincible I just don't know how to relax and enjoy my pregnancy. Does anyone have any advice on how I can relax and enjoy my pregnancy and not think that at any second something might happen. 

Re: Pregnant, again and scared

• Options
    I'm sorry about your loss but happy to see you are expecting again, congrats! 
    I had a stillbirth in March and went to therapy. I have decided that if I get pg again, I will be going back to the therapist to try to make the best of it. I will be terrified the whole time too, I'm sure.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• Options
    So sorry for your loss, but congratulations on your pregnancy. You may find this board more helpful: https://forums.thebump.com/categories/success-after-a-loss

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear of both your losses. I had a miscarriage at 13 weeks in March. We already have 3 children with no complications. We were completely devastated and shocked when this happened. 2 weeks before we saw on uktrasound and heartbeat. We were aware anything can happen at anytime but weren't in that mind set I guess. We found out in June we were pregnant again. 19 weeks tom with a girl. I am a nervous wreck all the time. My doctor said it's natural and very common to worry especially after a loss. I just try to think as positive as I can.
  • Options
    I had two miscarriages previously and fot pregnant back in march. I was terrified...i didnt want to tell anyone or think about it really. The sadest part was everytime i went to the bathroom my heart would race...just expecting to see blood. I quickly realized i just needed to take it day by day. Each day that passes you are closer to your rainbow baby. Just do what you can..eat right...take your vitamins. You dont want to live scared everyday. Whatever is going to happen will happen...enjoy that days you do get with your baby. I am about 6 weeks away from meeting my twins boys...just stay positive and remember day by day