3rd Trimester

UTI...feel like I've been hit by a bus

Anyone else have a UTI in third trimester & feel like you've been hit by a bus? I caught it early & started antibiotics right away, but I had to leave work this morning because I puked up my breakfast & had a low grade temp. I haven't had a UTI since I was in college, about 10 years ago. I didn't expect it to hit me so hard. I'm truly miserable. 

Just wondering if anyone else has had this experience with a stupid UTI. I feel like I shouldn't be feeling nearly this awful for a little bladder infection. 

Thanks ladies! 

Re: UTI...feel like I've been hit by a bus

• UTIs can be a bitch.

Just try and rest for a few days. Your body's immune system is already compromised from the pregnancy, so it might be a bit longer than "usual" for you to bounce back. Feel better!
    Married July 2009, Rescue dog adopted September 2010, DS born June 2012
    Expecting LO2 in February 2016
    Ghost of MrsMuq
  • I had one in my 2nd trimester and it was horrible! I ended up in the emergency room.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a really bad one and didn't even know it! The only symptoms I had was not feeling fully relieved when I went and sometimes it felt like my LO was trying to poke his way through my cervix. A heavy dose of antibiotics and I'm feeling a LOT better. I hope you start feeling that relief soon! I agree with PP, it might have hit you harder/take longer to recover with being pregnant. Hang in there! 
  • Any minor issue can be amplified with pregnancy. I have BV in my 3rd tri last pregnancy and I ended up in L&D because it caused me to have contractions. Sorry I know it sucks.
  • Thanks for the reassurance ladies!
  • I've had many aggressive UTIs that develop very quickly in a matter of hours. They make me feel absolutely horrible and worn out. Keep an eye on any kidney pain, as UTIs can develop into kidney infections. This happened to me, but it's quite a noticeable difference compared to a UTI. Luckily I haven't had any during the pregnancy despite the increased risk! I'm 27 weeks. Hope you feel better soon. Keep drinking plenty of fluids and rest when you can x