2nd Trimester

Doppler Use?

Hi Ladies - I am new here - I had a quick question about the use of dopplers.....I am 23 weeks this week and have been using one since about 13 to 14 weeks .....today I havent much felt movement so i ended up checking on his twice and now I feel so guilty :(

How many of you have used them ? How often?  Was everything ok in the end?

Re: Doppler Use?

• You're supposed to limit their usage to a few minutes a day because it IS ultrasound waves and they are starting to find negative affects from their use. It would be best to limit it to once a week.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Meh... I used it a lot with my first pregnancy, everyday sometimes twice a day.. She's fine. This time I haven't felt the need to use it as often, maybe once a week in the earlier weeks.. Now we'll just do it as a novelty for my daughter to listen to the inside baby.  

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I use mine once or twice a week. It's been cleared by the FDA for continual use, but the instructions suggest limiting use to no more than 10 minutes a day I believe. 
  • I use mine two-three times a week for less than a minute each time.  I'm 20 weeks now and I find the heartbeat very quickly.  Sometimes I just need reassurance that it is there but I don't have to listen to it for a long time.

Me: 32  Hubby: 31

Married 12/29/12

Started TTC July 2014

Miscarriage August 2014

Emmett born February 2016

Expecting Baby #2 in August 2017

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/544e80

• I have a Doppler as well. Before I got it I asked my OB about their safety and/or harmful effects of using one, and she wasn't concerned in the slightest. Told me they're perfectly fine to use. That being said, I only use it very quickly (I find the heartbeat within 10-15 seconds, listen for a little bit, then take it off my belly) and not every day, maybe 1 - 2 times a week. I don't feel the need to use it so often now that I can feel the baby moving around.