Trying to Get Pregnant

Trying For A Sibling Check In *{October 2015}*

PrimRoseMamaPrimRoseMama member
edited October 2015 in Trying to Get Pregnant
***This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. If you are having a hard TTC day or TTCAL day: This post may mention children or issues specifically related to parenting or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please feel free to lurk (and post if you want, whatever) at your own discretion.***

Greetings all!
My name is Prim. I'm a regular on TTGP (off and on since 2012) and we are trying for #3. Every month I'm going to post a TFAS check in for those of us going for #2 or more. I'll bump this post throughout the month and start another one next month. If you have any specific questions about TFAS, feel free to post them here. I am sure we can try to help you. Please be mindful of those that may be lurking, but also don't feel like you have to censor yourself if you have an issue with kids at home. --Prim

What number are you trying for?

How long have you been TTC?

Other Children at home?

Your profession (if you work outside the home)?

If you are SAHM, what is your favorite part of being home with your LO?

Any thoughts about this cycle?

Sunday Bitchfest: Any thing in particular you want to get off your chest? (note: this is not guaranteed to be flame free)

Any questions?

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Trying For A Sibling Check In *{October 2015}*

• PeggyOlsonFTWPeggyOlsonFTW member
    edited October 2015
    What number are you trying for? 2

How long have you been TTC? Technically, we haven't started. We had a suprise BFP in July which resulted in a MMC and d&c on September 15th. Still waiting for AF to show so we can start really TTC, but I'd say right not we're NTNP.

Other Children at home? DS. He just turned two at the end of August.

Your profession (if you work outside the home)? none

If you are SAHM, what is your favorite part of being home with your LO? Being able to bring him to classes, watching him grow and change every day, making new mom friends and having playdates. ETA: Not having to pay for daycare!

Any thoughts about this cycle? Nope.

Sunday Bitchfest: Any thing in particular you want to get off your chest? (note: this is not guaranteed to be flame free) I'm irrationally jealous of anyone who hasn't experienced a loss. 

Any questions? For those who temp vaginally, what do you do when AF arrives? I'm considering switching to vaginal temps once I start up again bc I'm a mouth breather.

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• What number are you trying for? 2 for me, 1 for Fiance

How long have you been TTC? 16 cycles, 4 temping with good timing.

Other Children at home? DD 8 going on 18 (cliché I know, but true. She's a grown up....)

If you are SAHM, what is your favorite part of being home with your LO? Just being there for DD and spending days doing whatever.

Any thoughts about this cycle? Haven't O'd yet so we will see ^_^

Sunday Bitchfest: Any thing in particular you want to get off your chest? (note: this is not guaranteed to be flame free) We've been on vacay this weekend and I want to just unload the car and rest but DD wants to visit my folks and we probably will.....

• Loading the player...
  • What number are you trying for? Number 2.

How long have you been TTC? Since June (although we took July off due to illness).

Other Children at home? One son who is almost 4.

Your profession (if you work outside the home)? Attorney

Any thoughts about this cycle? I was really optimistic about the last cycle because our timing was great, but no luck. We're eager to get going on trying again.

Sunday Bitchfest: Any thing in particular you want to get off your chest? (note: this is not guaranteed to be flame free) I'm super hungover today. Too much fun at my brother's wedding.

Any questions? I can't think of any.
    DS 12.02.11

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Before I participate I just want to say this was a FABULOUS idea, Prim! Whoop!
  • What #?: 2 for me & 1 for DH

How long?: We've been NTNP since April, this is our first official month TTC.

Other LO?: DS is 6, but not at home FT. My ex-husband & I have shared custody.

Profession?: Assistant Human Resouces Director

SAHM?: I was for DS's for year, and it ended with me needing more adult interaction & child socialization for DS. All in all; great choice!

Thoughts this cycle?: TWW is agonizing.

Sunday Bitchfest?: AF is due today, but no sign & no BFP, either. I'm just ready for CD1, again.

On a lighter note, we're placing our travel trailer today. We're going tiny! We've completely downsized from our 2b/2b apartment to a 360 sq ft travel trailer. Unconventional, I know, but we can't wait.
  • What number are you trying for? #2

How long have you been TTC? We've been NTNP but if AF comes, we're officially TTC afterwards.

Other Children at home? Yes, DS who is 4.

Your profession (if you work outside the home)? Legal Assistant

Any thoughts about this cycle? I've had a lot of weird things going on that make me suspicious. I've had a lot of CM today but AF is due so that makes me want to POAS. Maybe we'll get lucky. FX.

Sunday Bitchfest: Any thing in particular you want to get off your chest? (note: this is not guaranteed to be flame free) 
    My best friend of 20 years is the sweetest, most kind person I know and she is having so much trouble conceiving. If I do end up with a BFP, I don't know that I'll be able to share it with her because I don't want to hurt her. I know she would be happy for me but the thought makes me hurt for her. Obviously, I would end up telling her but I want to be as delicate as possible.

How long have you been TTC? 2nd cycle

Other Children at home? DS-18 months

Your profession (if you work outside the home)? Teacher PT

If you are SAHM, what is your favorite part of being home with your LO? When I'm home with DS, I enjoy the moments when he is silliest.

Any thoughts about this cycle? I would have preferred to get a -2 in there, but O sneaked up on me. I'm beginning to SS, which is always healthy, of course.

Sunday Bitchfest: Any thing in particular you want to get off your chest? (note: this is not guaranteed to be flame free) Just not into work right now. Adulting is rough.

• edited October 2015
    What number are you trying for? #2

How long have you been TTC? Stopped BC in July, but due to some real life, adult stuff, we are more in the NTNP phase right now until some things get resolved.

Other Children at home? DS who is 2.5.

Your profession (if you work outside the home)? Public relations manager.

Any thoughts about this cycle? I am glad I have had regular cycles since stopping BC, but my cycles are getting slightly shorter, which is odd.

Sunday Bitchfest: Any thing in particular you want to get off your chest? (note: this is not guaranteed to be flame free) DS had been very tantrum-prone this weekend. I need the wine tonight.
  • What number are you trying for? 3

How long have you been TTC? 6 months

Other Children at home? DD1 will be 3 this month, DD2 is 1.5

Your profession (if you work outside the home)? Wahm

If you are SAHM, what is your favorite part of being home with your LO? Having time and flexibility.

Any thoughts about this cycle? Cd10 and still spotting

Sunday Bitchfest: Any thing in particular you want to get off your chest? (note: this is not guaranteed to be flame free) just so tired these last few days from being super busy.
    TTGP December Siggy Challenge: Favourite Holiday Movie Moment

• Hey!

What number am I trying for? #3
    Trying to conceive? First time/ first month. No full chart yet.
    What kids do I have at home? I have a 3.5 year old daughter and a 20 month old son. Trouble makers together, but they are hilarious and sweet too :-).
    Profession: I work in finance, can be demanding particularly with kids but my company is surprisingly considerate with the work/ life /family balance.
    My cycle: it's super irregular but still in the "range". Sometimes 28 days and sometimes 43. I run a ton so if I have a race I just won't get it- kind of annoying but I've kind of figured it out.
    Sunday rant: trying to figure out how to chart when I'm up like 3 times a night still getting pacifiers and sleeping with my daughter if she is "scared" at 2am. I think I am just going to have to use obscure temps and chart my cervical fluid. Went to the doctor Sunday and she's like yup, your in the range of days or whatever (had an annual and figured I'd get my money's worth) so we will see if she's right. Also trying to temp to back up the "signs". Wanted to also say the book recommendation was excellent/ a great read "taking charge of your fertility".
  • What number are you trying for? 2

How long have you been TTC? 3 months, 2 cycles

Other Children at home? DS, 1.5

Your profession (if you work outside the home)? Sahm :)

If you are SAHM, what is your favorite part of being home with your LO? I was going to go cliche and say "being there for his firsts" but let's me different.. DS has some special needs and developmental delays and being able to be with him and control his activities and fulfill his needs is the best for me.

Any thoughts about this cycle? I'm cd20 and I've had 5 days of ewcm and I'm just ready to freaking ovulate already

Molars suck. Just saying.
    image image
  • @KyCade3013. If it helps any I get up multiple times a night and still see a clear shift. You may be fine :)

How long have you been TTC? First cycle

Other Children at home? DS is 13 months

Your profession (if you work outside the home)? Clinical research project manager

Any thoughts about this cycle? This is my first post partum cycle and I know know know that I have to be patient because things probably will be out of whack for a while but despite knowing this, I am getting way too excited and emotionally invested in ttc again.

Sunday bitchfest: DS has been especially clingy and short tempered recently. Also he has never been a good sleeper, I am still up with him 2-3 times per night. We always wanted our kids close in age but when things get really frustrating, DH makes comments about not knowing if he's ready to go through this all over again. We usually dtd every 3-4 days and I'm worried that he's going to resist when I try to ramp it up if i pinpoint my FW :(

How long have you been TTC? Going on 4 mos

Other Children at home? Yes, DD is 4.

Your profession (if you work outside the home)? I'm an accountant at a software company.

Any thoughts about this cycle? 3 days into AF. I'm pretty bummed it's taking this long, although I know there are many who have been trying for much longer. I'm just impatient.

Sunday Bitchfest: Any thing in particular you want to get off your chest? (note: this is not guaranteed to be flame free) Nothing today. I'm working on being grateful for what I have.

Any questions? Any other ladies out there over 35? Sometimes I feel really old and discouraged.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • LulucooksLulucooks member
    edited October 2015
    @ArtlessIbex. I'm 34, not quite over 35 yet, but it's closing in. ;;)

• First of all I love this!! :)

What number are you trying for: 2

How long have you been TTC?: Next cycle will be three months

Other children at home: Yep, 20 month old! Mr. Greyson Michael :)

Profession: SAHM with a teaching degree that's collecting dust lol! Also working toward my doula certification right now.

If you're a SAHM what's your favorite part of being home with LO: probably the fact that he's being taken care of just the way I want 100% of the time.

Any thoughts about this cycle: TWW almost over and I'm thinking I'm out this month but we will see.

Sunday bitchfest: Today has actually been good with the exception of being sick. DS was with my mom last night so I'm not gonna lie, I laid in bed pretty much all day. :)

Any questions: not now but that will change, I bet!
  • @kstu728 SAHM with a dusty teaching degree here too! Really wish I hadn't spent the money on grad school for that.

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• What number are you trying for? #3

How long have you been TTC? 5 months

Other Children at home? Two girls, 1 &3.

Favorite part of staying at home? I love having a really flexible schedule. 

Any thoughts about this cycle? I feel really good about it? IDK, I seem to think that I'm pregnant every month and then AF shows up. You'd think since I've been pregnant twice that I would be able to tell the difference. I did get a positive OPK this cycle. Turns out I ovulate later than I thought. I would love to get pregnant this cycle because then baby #3 would be exactly two years apart from #2. So, I'm really hoping for another June bug.

Sunday: My kids don't want to nap and I feel like saying, "Can we switch?". I'd totally be down for a nap.

Any questions? Do you want a boy or a girl specifically? I totally want my baby to be healthy and happy and I would gladly welcome another little girl but I feel a little guilty because I really want a boy this time.

• What number are you trying for?     #2

How long have you been TTC?     Cycle 1 was June 2015 and we got our BFP July 11 (my DH's birthday).  I had a MMC and D&C 9/18.  I am awaiting ovulation and AF now so that will be Cycle 2...then Cycle 3 we can officially "TRY" again.

Other Children at home?     DD - 3 years old

Your profession (if you work outside the home)?     Elem. Teacher

Any thoughts about this cycle?     I am happy that it seems my hormone levels are coming down quickly (based of temps and 2 neg. HPTs).  I bought OPKs on Amazon and will start using them once they arrive to get back into the hang of things and hope O and AF don't take too long to get back into a routine.

I really felt God prepared me for our loss.  I was very disconnected and reserved.  Never wanting to talk about baby names, tell anyone, or do any prep....very unlike my 1st pregnancy.  However, I still have moments when I feel like I got the short stick....like this isn't what I should have to go through.  It is truly an emotional roller coaster!  I see my beautiful DD and feel she had a chance taken from her...she is SO deserving of a sibling and I SO badly want to give her that.  

Any questions?     Anyone else want to share their post D&C/first cycle after miscarriage chart?  Did you ovulate the same day even though your pre-o temps were high because of the HCG or was it a longer cycle?  Did your AF get back to normal right away or did it take a few cycles?  I know it is terrible to compare because every woman is different, it is just hard not to.
  • @cm716 This past pregnancy which ended in a MMC I wanted a girl sooo badly.  I have a DD and lots of sisters so I can't imagine her life without having sisters to lean on.  Now that we have gone through this emotional roller coaster I am finding myself thinking a bit about how my preference has changed.  I still deeply want sisterhood for my daughter, but a healthy, full-term pregnancy seems more important now.
  • @mrsmommya I'm very sorry for your loss.

How long have you been TTC? 4 months temping, 5 since stopping BCP

Other Children at home? DD who will be 4 in December.

If you are SAHM, what is your favorite part of being home with your LO? I love getting to teach her new things!

Any thoughts about this cycle? First time for dotted CHs. It's annoying, but CM lines up.

Sunday Bitchfest: Any thing in particular you want to get off your chest? (note: this is not guaranteed to be flame free) DH is leaving for a work trip this week. I'm really not looking forward to not getting a break in the evenings. Plus, I'll have to take DD on my Tues/Thurs group runs. I hate pushing the jogging stroller!

Any questions? Not at the moment, but love this check in @PrimRoseMama!
    June 2016 April Siggy Challenge: Reasons my kid is crying

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker

How long have you been TTC? Was supposed to start this month but had to delay for medical reasons, will start next cycle

Other Children at home? DD is 20 months

Your profession (if you work outside the home)? Registered Nurse

If you are SAHM, what is your favorite part of being home with your LO? I live in Canada so I had a year of maternity leave before going back to work. I loved being there for every milestone, every new facial expression, first word, first step, etc. I love my job but if I could stay home a little longer I would

Any thoughts about this cycle? Annoyed I had to delay. I had to get some immunizations for work, including a live MMR vaccine and they recommend waiting a month before TTC. I could have gotten this done months ago but put it off not realizing the ramifications. I'm mad at myself.

Sunday Bitchfest: Any thing in particular you want to get off your chest? (note: this is not guaranteed to be flame free) Nothing comes to mind

Any questions?

How long have you been TTC? Started in August 2015. I have a similar story to KDHB13. 
    I had a surprise BFP back in February 2015 and it ended in a m/c. I took a couple months off before officially TTC to give my body as well as my heart some time to heal.

Other Children at home? DD who is almost 2.5 years old.

Your profession (if you work outside the home)? Preschool Teacher

Any thoughts about this cycle? Trying to stay relaxed during the TWW.

Sunday Bitchfest: Any thing in particular you want to get off your chest? (note: this is not guaranteed to be flame free):  nothing at the moment.

Any questions?

DH: 35 | Me: 29
    BFP #1- 07.25.12, EDD: 03.24.13, DD born 03.26.13
    Surprised BFP #2- 02.25.15, EDD: 10/29/15 |*m/c 7w4d, D&C 04.02.2015 
    BFP #3- 01.21.16, EDD: 09.29.26 |*m/c-blighted ovum 2.19.16 8w1d, D&C 03.04.16 
    BFP #4- 05.24.16, EDD: 02.04.17 |*natural m/c-  07.08.16, 9w1d
    BFP #5- 09/25/16, EDD: 06.07.17 GROW
    , BABY, GROW! 

How long have you been TTC? WTO for months #2! Just started.

Other Children at home? DD who is 2.

Your profession (if you work outside the home)? Auto claims adjuster

Any thoughts about this cycle? Notfeeling confident and pretty sure we're out. I was set to O a few days ago and didn't, then got a positive OPK today, so tried to HIO and DH couldn't finish....so if I O'd today, our timing would be -2. Maybe I'll O tomorrow and try and get another BD in....

Sunday Bitchfest: Any thing in particular you want to get off your chest? (note: this is not guaranteed to be flame free) See above!

Any questions? Nope!

Me: 28 DH: 33

DD: Born 7/30/13, 2 years old

TTC #2: August 2015

• Crowqueen03Crowqueen03 member
    edited October 2015
    What number are you trying for? 2 (or twins!)

How long have you been TTC? 7 months.

Other Children at home? Yes.I have a 12 year old daughter.

Your profession (if you work outside the home)? I work in a restaurant.

If you are SAHM, what is your favorite part of being home with your LO? N/A

Any thoughts about this cycle? Just started AF so waiting it out.

Sunday Bitchfest: Any thing in particular you want to get off your chest? (note: this is not guaranteed to be flame free). I am so sore from working out.Was very hard to work today and woke up with a major headach.

Any questions? N/A
    TTC #2

What i'm trying: Seed Cycling,Fertility Friend,&Charting.
    My Ovulation Chart

How long have you been TTC? Had a surprise BFP in May and MC in July, on to month 4 post MC

Other Children at home? 2 sons, 6 & 8

Your profession (if you work outside the home)? Teacher

If you are SAHM, what is your favorite part of being home with your LO? Not at home

Any thoughts about this cycle? If I don't get a BFP this cycle we may stop officially TTC. My school only does 3 weeks of maternity leave and I am hoping for a summer baby to take advantage of my time off without loss of income.

Sunday Bitchfest: Any thing in particular you want to get off your chest? (note: this is not guaranteed to be flame free) nothing now :)
  • @Lulucooks really? That makes me hopeful! I have no other option anyway because I can't resist the night snuggles, but good to know it could still work.
  • @ArtlessIbex I'm 35 :) 36 in a few months.

How long have you been TTC? 2 months (albeit half-assed)

Other Children at home? Two: 8 yr old son and 2 year old daughter.

Your profession (if you work outside the home)? Government (communications)

If you are SAHM, what is your favorite part of being home with your LO? I wish I could answer this. Maybe after #3

Any thoughts about this cycle? Nope

Sunday Bitchfest: Any thing in particular you want to get off your chest? (note: this is not guaranteed to be flame free). I hate calories. And jeans.

Any questions? Nada. Great thread though.
  • What number are you trying for? 2 for me, 1 for H

How long have you been TTC? 3 months

Other Children at home? 7yo DS

Your profession (if you work outside the home)? Financial analyst for an insurance company

Any thoughts about this cycle? This was my first full cycle temping and using OPKs so I feel like I have a much better idea of what's going on. The first two months we just kind of winged it. So I  have some hope, but not a lot because our timing wasn't great. DH was sick during FW, I had to really talk him into just -1, lol. But it only takes one, right?

Sunday Bitchfest: Any thing in particular you want to get off your chest? (note: this is not guaranteed to be flame free) Well, now it's Monday so I guess that's my only gripe at the moment.

DS: June 2008
    Married: July 2015
    BFP: 5/20/16  |  EDD: 1/28/17  |  Twin boys born 1/16/17
  • @KDHB13- I temp vaginally and I usually wait until my flow gets lighter to almost non existent.  I'm still pretty new to temping and last month was my first month vaginal temping, but I didn't see that it had a negative impact on my charts.   Last month I waited till CD 7 but probably could have done it on CD 6.  This month I started on CD 6.  I've heard some oral tempers don't take their temps during AF either, so I'm sure waiting till its lighter is probably ok.  Also, I clean my thermometer daily with an alcohol swab.

How long have you been TTC?  4 months

Other Children at home?  We have one 14 months old son

Your profession (if you work outside the home)? I am a case manager for Felony Drug Court

Any thoughts about this cycle?  We just had our first IUI yesterday.  I don't want to jinx it, but I'm feeling good about it! 

Sunday Bitchfest: Any thing in particular you want to get off your chest? (note: this is not guaranteed to be flame free)  I'm really hoping we get pregnant soon and I really want another baby, but there is a part of me that is really scared to have two little ones!  I'm nervous that I will never sleep again!  Also, there's an irrational part of me that's scared my little boy will be traumatized having to share me!
  • Paturkey said:
    What number are you trying for? 2 How long have you been TTC? Since July Other Children at home? DS, age 2 Your profession (if you work outside the home)? Geologist Any thoughts about this cycle? I hope I O on the earlier side bc I'm going away for work and we'll miss out CD20-24. FX. Sunday Bitchfest: Any thing in particular you want to get off your chest? (note: this is not guaranteed to be flame free) The terrible twos are real. MH was so fed up with the dictator that I told him to take a walk to cool off earlier today. Yesterday I was on the verge of meltdown after dealing with the boundary-testing whiney munchkin. Om.... We love him and we want a sibling for him but ohhhh, he's been testing us this weekend. Bring me the wine while I can.

My son is only one, but I relate with this soooo much!!!  There are definitely times when my DS is at his worst that I look at my DH and say "are you sure we want another one???"

How long have you been TTC? one month

Other Children at home? almost 6 y/o DS

Your profession (if you work outside the home)? business analyst

Any thoughts about this cycle? - Frustrated. My temps are all over the place which I think is due to change in weather and sleeping conditions. I sometimes sleep with a cooling unit in my bed (it cools the air under the blankets) and sometimes I don't. Plus, I was sick.

Any questions?
    30, DH 34
    TTC #2

• steelfansteelfan member
    edited October 2015
    @cm716 - I'm with you. First and foremost I want a healthy baby, especially since my firstborn was in the NICU and was back in the PICU at 3 months. But if I were to choose, I'd love to have another boy. I absolutely love boys and the thought of a girl 12 years from now scares me, especially if she grows up to be anything like me. lol
    30, DH 34
    TTC #2

• sldp123 said:
    What number are you trying for? 2 for me, 1 for H

How long have you been TTC? 3 months

Other Children at home? 7yo DS

Your profession (if you work outside the home)? Financial analyst for an insurance company

Any thoughts about this cycle? This was my first full cycle temping and using OPKs so I feel like I have a much better idea of what's going on. The first two months we just kind of winged it. So I  have some hope, but not a lot because our timing wasn't great. DH was sick during FW, I had to really talk him into just -1, lol. But it only takes one, right?

Sunday Bitchfest: Any thing in particular you want to get off your chest? (note: this is not guaranteed to be flame free) Well, now it's Monday so I guess that's my only gripe at the moment.

You sound very similar to me. My DS is almost 6 and we're trying for #2. And I'm an analyst as well.

30, DH 34
    TTC #2

• erinmarie86erinmarie86 member
    edited October 2015
    What number are you trying for? #2

How long have you been TTC? not really trying...just not preventing

Other Children at home? 10 month old baby boy

Your profession (if you work outside the home)? I'm a business analyst in IST

If you are SAHM, what is your favorite part of being home with your LO?  I'm getting 6 weeks baby bonding starting next week so I am VERY excited to be a temporary SAHM!  I'm looking forward to all the fun times playing with my son and taking him new places.

Any thoughts about this cycle? When will i get my cycle?!  I'm almost 10 months pp and no period or sign of it coming!!  I really wanted to try and get pregnant by the end of the year, but i'm feeling hopeless because i have no way of tracking prime time.

Any questions? nope...just waiting and hoping for a BFP!

Edited to remove symptom listing....since i've now read all the welcome boards.

BabyFruit Ticker