Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

getting rid of bottle HELP!!!

my daughter just turned 1 and we have been working for months to get her off the bottle she isn't having it and I am concerned she may be causing damage to her teeth how can I get her to let the bottle go she drinks out of her sippy all day but when she gets tired she will throw it and start whinning for her baba.

Best Answers

Answers

• Loading the player...
  • kmos816kmos816 member
    edited October 2015
  • Thanks so much.....I was starting to get worried our first daughter let the bottle go at 8 months and when our youngest wasn't having it all I could think is all her little baby teeth is going come in rotten .thanks again
  • Thanks for the help I guess I was just expecting her to already be off the bottle cause my first daughter gave it up so easy that's just where I gotta remember they are two totally different children...
  • see I told my hubby that this is our last one as well but he feels like she is behind I guess I want her to be my baby for as long as I can and is healthy for her..
  • I am having same issue, she loves water from sippy cup (with straw) but not milk. Mainly in the morning. I just figure it's going to be yet another slow, painful transition.
  • we've done and completed ALL the tips from that website but still at 17 months LO refuses anything but a bottle at bedtime. He's a great sleeper and really enjoys his bottle at bed. lately, when we've tried other cups at bedtime and refuses so we just put him to bed without milk but then he screams bloody murder... We still give him a bottle of milk to bed and sometimes first thing in the AM... do I just need to go cold turkey on the bottles? He drinks from any other cup I give him, he just prefers his milk in a bottle at bed.
  • Have you tried switching milk for water and decreasing until the bottle is all water?
  • BigboobsmcgeeBigboobsmcgee member
    edited November 2015
    casandkls said:
    we've done and completed ALL the tips from that website but still at 17 months LO refuses anything but a bottle at bedtime. He's a great sleeper and really enjoys his bottle at bed. lately, when we've tried other cups at bedtime and refuses so we just put him to bed without milk but then he screams bloody murder... We still give him a bottle of milk to bed and sometimes first thing in the AM... do I just need to go cold turkey on the bottles? He drinks from any other cup I give him, he just prefers his milk in a bottle at bed.

I would do cold turkey at this point.

When I stopped bottles with my son, I still gave him milk before bed while sitting in the rocking chair but it was in a cup, then brushed his teeth and put him to bed. I know it will be harder with my daughter because she loves the bottle too.

• I've tried all water at bedtime and he refuses...
    Do you combine milk and water gradually till it's all water in a bottle?
    I've had a little luck the last few weeks with a soft tip sippy cup with milk at bed.
    Once he's 18 months I've decided cold turkey it is ;)