Babies: 0 - 3 Months

baby clothes

How many vests bibs babygrows blankets do you need for newborns

Re: baby clothes

• It really depends on how often you plan on or want to do laundry. Onesies are great to have only because they are easy to change if your lo throws up. Most of the time I could change her top and keep the pants. Sleepers are a must have. Try for the zipper kind. So much easier when you are exhausted and it's 4am. A few swaddlers are good to have also. Really what I blow through are bibs and burp cloths. Get the old school cloth diaper burp cloths. They work 100% better than the cute ones. So I would say

10 onesies
    5 pairs of pants
    7 sleepers
    2 packs of cloth diaper burp cloths
    2-3 swaddlers
    2 packs of bibs
    5-10 blankets
    SIGGY WARNING//TICKER WARNING//PAIF

Long of the Short:
     TTC since April 2013  DH 42 y/o I'm 30  Dh had vasectomy reversal Feb 2013 after 3 months developed scar tissue 
     First Re appt was September 2013 OOP for everything minus meds  
    DH's TESE surgery December 2013
    First cycle was February 2014 BFN none to freeze
     Second cycle was April 2014 BFP ending in Chemical Pregnancy none to freeze
     Third cycle June 2014 BFN none to freez
     Fourth cycle October 30th 28 retrieved, 13 mature and 12 fertilized
    PICSI, assisted hatching and fresh sperm from my DH's TESE surgery used
    5 FROZEN from a freeze all cycle! 
    FET completed on DECEMBER 9TH!!!
    Beta #1 13dp5dt BFP!! 800
    Beta #2 15dp5dt 2100
    Beta #3 17dp5dt 3600 
    First Scan January 5th! Everything looks great! Heart rate of 121!
    Second Scan January 20th. Baby Justone13 looks amazing. Heart rate of 175!
    Baby Girl is due August 27th
    Liv Annmarie born 8/25 7lbs 6oz 21 1/2 inches long 

• edited October 2015
    I prefer Aden + anais swaddler blankets. 4 minimum.

I don't use onesies.

I like sleepers & unless you have a reflux baby one a day is good here.

• Loading the player...
  • When are you due? I had a summer baby and she lived in just a diaper and muslin swaddle for almost 3 weeks before I started putting a onesie on her during the day (continued the swaddle at night). I had 8 swaddle blankets and maybe 10 newborn size onesies. She never wore pants or socks. It was hot. A winter baby may need more than that.

We were also in 3 month size clothes at 5 weeks so don't go crazy with newborn clothes. We have SO MUCH that was never worn.
  • I would say at least several sleepers, a couple swaddle sacks, a few packs on onesies and burp clothes. We were told not to buy much newborn but our 6 week old is still in newborn. She is finally starting to move to 0-3. We ended up having to go buy a bunch of clothes.