Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Purée machine

Hey mommies! I am making baby food and have been using my Ninja to do so. The problem I am having is that the Ninja is not blending the food enough. It doesn't have a purée setting, just blend and chop and pulse. I am debating if I should buy a baby purée machine or just buy baby food that I can't get the right texture (purée). What machines are you ladies using to make your baby food?

Re: Purée machine

• I personally wouldn't spend any extra money on another appliance because babies don't need baby food for very long. In fact, you don't have to give your LO pureed foods at all. I didn't with my second kid. She had soft foods but nothing pureed.

My cousin bought me a baby bullet for my first child which I used, but it never made the foods super thin. There were small chunks.

• I use a version of the bullet. It works really well for my LO, if I do it in smaller batches. I've done larger batches and it had some chunks. I just add some water to it to thin it out a bit or until I get the right consistency.
  • Loading the player...
  • DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY! I had the Beaba Babycook with my first DD and regret buying it. It had a small container and the motor was very weak. I found later that my regular kitchen processor did a muh better job pureing stuff... If you need something with a better motor consider a regular kitchen food processor OR an immersion blender. I just got one, a KitchenAid, and it's fantastic.
  • Thanks ladies! I will just keep using the Ninja. He will be moving into more textured foods soon anyway.