March 2015 Moms

Big Baby!

Anyone else blessed with a 6 month old that is more like a 12 month old? My LO just was weighed in at 19 lbs, 11 oz (94 %ile for girls) and 27 3/4 inches tall (97 %ile). She's officially larger than her one year old cousin. I get comments all the time about how big she's getting! Funny thing is that DH and I are not tall, so I'm not sure where she's getting it! But here's to all those LOs that aren't so little! :)

Re: Big Baby!

• My daughter was also 19 lbs and 27 inches at her 6 month check up. She is wearing 12 month clothing. Her and her 2 1/2 yr old sister can fit the same pants :D I'm loving her growth, her sister was 2 months premature and seemed to be tiny forever, I am enjoying this fat healthy little chubinko! Everyone comments on how huge she is too, it makes me very happy. I always joke about how my breastmilk must be extra fatty.

FYI: I'm only 5'3 and one of the tallest females in my family. My husband is 6'1 and the tallest in his family too.
  • stephyyygstephyyyg member
    edited October 2015
    My son is 20 pounds 5 ounces and 28 and 1/2 inches tall. 95% percentile at 6 and 1/2 months. I'm on 5 foot tall and my husband is 5'9" we don't know where it came from either. Lol I love my big boy && as long as he is healthy and happy this momma is happy no matter what size he is.

Edited because TYPOS and my fat fingers lol
  • Loading the player...
  • I still stuff her into 9 month clothing... Mostly because I wasn't prepared to have 12 month winter/fall clothes available!
  • My son is 20lb 8oz and 28 1/2 inches !! He wears 12 month clothes as well!! What are we feeding out babies! Lol I'm glad everyone's LO is healthy!
  • My baby girl just weighed in today at 18lbs 3oz and 27 1/2 inches. She's 6 months, but I'm always getting told how tiny she is! She's just starting to outgrow all of her pants and pajamas that are 6 months but still fits into 3/6 onesies and 3 month shirts/jackets.
  • Yes, at 5 1/2 months my son was at 20 lbs 28 inches. He is thick like his daddy too, we are in size 5 diapers and 12-18 month clothes! I have lots of summer clothes that were bought early that he outgrew before summer :( he is taller than his 1 year old cousin! People are always shocked when I say he is 6 months old. Healthy happy babies!
  • Haha, yep! 21 pounds, 28" at 6 months here too. My husband is 6'3" though. Our baby was always long, but ddddaaaang. He's so heavy! I had no idea I'd need to be weight lifting to keep up!
  • My least favorite thing is carrying her in her car seat! I have started just leaving it in the car, but those few times I bring it along, I realize I have neglected any upper body training my entire life! Haha... We took her backpacking and I carried her the whole way. We kept having to empty my pack to keep it under 35 lbs. It meant I carried LO and my water without too much more!
  • Im jealous..lol. My baby at her 6 month is only 14 pounds 13.5 ounces and 25 1/4 inches. 30 percentile in height and 25 in weight. My other 3 kids was at around 20 pounds at 6 months and all in the 90 percentile. She is so little compared to them. Theres times i dnt remember that shes 6 months because she looks like a 4 month old. There is times i wounder if its where my other 3 was formula feed and the formula has extra vitamins. And since i ebf my lo, is she not getting all the vitamins she needs. But my dr says that she looks perfect, but me as a mother i cant seem to see y she is so much smaller then her brothers and sister. :-S
  • dreyes4 said:

Im jealous..lol. My baby at her 6 month is only 14 pounds 13.5 ounces and 25 1/4 inches. 30 percentile in height and 25 in weight. My other 3 kids was at around 20 pounds at 6 months and all in the 90 percentile. She is so little compared to them. Theres times i dnt remember that shes 6 months because she looks like a 4 month old. There is times i wounder if its where my other 3 was formula feed and the formula has extra vitamins. And since i ebf my lo, is she not getting all the vitamins she needs. But my dr says that she looks perfect, but me as a mother i cant seem to see y she is so much smaller then her brothers and sister. :-S

Please consider that all babies are different, even siblings. My firstborn was always on the smaller side, she's 2 1/2 and weighs 27 lbs. (which is only 7 lbs. more than her sister). I actually had to supplement with formula for the first month of her life. My second has never had an ounce of formula and is a BIG baby. As long as your doctor says she's fine, you have nothing to worry about.

Breastmilk is so very healthy for your little one!
  • @dreyes4 As PP said, it sounds like your LO is perfectly ok. My niece and nephew were both tiny (20-30th %ile) for their age and I used to be so jealous of my SIL for having such adorable little peanuts!
  • Thanks ladys. The dr. Told me not to be comparing them because their all diff. But its kind of hard not to. Im just use to my chunky babies..lol
  • Oh this just made my day!!! My little one was 19lbs 11oz and 27 7/8in long at her 6 month appointment! We are in the 12-18mo clothing and her Christmas dress I just bought yesterday is an 18-24months! It scared me to see her grow so quickly! I had people comment all the time that she is so "huge" and "is it normal for her to be THAT big" I finally got to a place where I just embraced her heft :) she's long and with that comes more weight. Glad to see its pretty normal in this group
  • There's nothing cuter than a little chunky monkey!! I've got to ask though are you ladies feeling the aches and pains of having a big baby yet? I have a wee little guy at almost 16 lbs who loves to be held and my lower back and feet are already killing me ... For those of you with twenty-pounders who also love to held I both feel for and admire you! Super moms!
  • There's nothing cuter than a little chunky monkey!! I've got to ask though are you ladies feeling the aches and pains of having a big baby yet? I have a wee little guy at almost 16 lbs who loves to be held and my lower back and feet are already killing me ... For those of you with twenty-pounders who also love to held I both feel for and admire you! Super moms!

So unfortunately my almost 20 pounder dislikes being held because she is a mover! however the Ergo is the best thing ever when she gets in the I want to be held mood... Which is usually when shopping.
  • I am a firm believer in putting her down whenever possible! Lol... But I do feel it in my wrist if I'm holding her on my hip. I don't have a great carrier, so I should probably invest in one. I have heard good things about the Lillebaby. Thankfully she's fairly content on the floor with a few toys. I just can't carry her all over all day even if she wanted me to.
  • Yes, I have to carry my little guy Salk the time... Had to give up the newborn car seat early because of his height but by then I couldn't carry him in it anymore and was covered in bruises from using my legs to brace too much haha. For a while he was breaking my back but it's almost like it's enough of a workout I got used to if!
  • Yep my ds is 7mnths today an is 22lbs loves his bottle an solids now love my little chubba bubba
  • My baby was 14 lbs at her 6 month and 26 1/2inches, she still wears 0-3 month tops but 3-6 month pants that are way too big around the waist but fit her length wise. It's hard to believe she is 7 months because compared to everyone else she is tiny and I also don't know where the length is coming from lol
  • My son is 21 lbs. 29 inches! Everyone thinks he is older than 6 months. Plus he has a full head of thick dark hair so I think that makes him look older as well. He is healthy and that is all that matters to me.
  • My girl is 20.5 lbs and 26 inches
  • my son was born at 4lbs and now at 7 months he weighs between 21-23lbs and hes 30-31 inches long. Hes in 18 months clothing already. He has severe separation anxiety from me so I have to hold him the whole time he is awake, he has already outgrown his carseat and I have bruises everywhere from having to carry it and him my whole body hurts from doing it everyday but its worth it. Good luck to all the mommas with chunky babies.