Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Just need a rant and a great cry

My LO is a little over a month and my husband is starting to get more and more impatient. He's never had much patients but the last week he throws things, stomps, slams, and is doing less and less. Right now he is sitting in the guest room in bed watching shows on his laptop. I've only asked him to come and try and keep the him calm about 10 times, just so I can take a shower. But I know it isn't going to happen. All I can do is hope LO falls asleep soon. Just to have a few seconds to tidy the house and maintain my self.

Re: Just need a rant and a great cry

• Options
    Very frustrating. I'm so sorry.
  • Options
    Is there any other family or friends that can help you? My LO is 5 weeks and I feel more worn out than I did 3 weeks ago. Maybe he is just worn out or feeling like he doesn't know what to do. If you can get help so you both get a break maybe that can recharge the batteries and make things better. Good Luck
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The people who are able to help are terminally ill and they're not able to watch him long at all. Also I'm breastfeeding and I don't have a pump yet.
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear that. U can try a La Leche League meeting and meet other BF moms in your area. Maybe you can get some better advice, learn about resources in your area, or at least make some friends who can help you or just talk to.
  • Options
    Sarcasm101Sarcasm101 member
    edited October 2015
    AlyannahB said:
    My LO is a little over a month and my husband is starting to get more and more impatient. He's never had much patients but the last week he throws things, stomps, slams, and is doing less and less. Right now he is sitting in the guest room in bed watching shows on his laptop. I've only asked him to come and try and keep the him calm about 10 times, just so I can take a shower. But I know it isn't going to happen. All I can do is hope LO falls asleep soon. Just to have a few seconds to tidy the house and maintain my self.

Your H is acting like a toddler. You need to have a come to Jesus talk with him. This child is responsibility also. His TV shows are just going to have to wait.

**** Formerly Snoflakes4eva****

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm sorry OP. Right now is when you need your spouse more than every because having a baby is tough.

I agree with PP above. You need to sit your husband down and tell him to man up. Life with a baby is fucking hard but tough shit. He needs to step up and help you.

Hang in there momma.

• Options
    Not that the argument will be fun, but I agree with the previous ladies' statements. Babies are a lot of work and you didn't just pop one out all by yourself. Tell him to man the fuck up or he can go stay elsewhere. You don't need the dead weight in the house. I wouldn't ask him to help, that implies it's a favor. I would tell him what you want him to do. Maybe he just needs you to make demands. Good luck. Be tough >:)
  • Options
    massey25 said:

Not that the argument will be fun, but I agree with the previous ladies' statements. Babies are a lot of work and you didn't just pop one out all by yourself. Tell him to man the fuck up or he can go stay elsewhere. You don't need the dead weight in the house. I wouldn't ask him to help, that implies it's a favor. I would tell him what you want him to do. Maybe he just needs you to make demands. Good luck. Be tough >:)

This! I learned with DD1 that what was obvious to me was not always obvious to my H. Now I hand him baby and say things like "rock her so I can go take a shower". The directness helps a ton. Obviously not going to work if you're worried his impatience is dangerous for LO.
    Married DH 08.28.10
    Pregnancy #1: BFP 04.10.11 EDD 12.23.11 DD1 Born 12.4.11
     Pregnancy #2: BFP 5.12.14 MC 5.20.14 @ 5wk4d
    Pregnancy #3: BFP 11.1.14 EDD 7.5.15 MC 11.13.14 @ 6wk4d
    Pregnancy #4: BFP 1.31.15 EDD 10.5.15 DD2 Born 9.23.15