1st Trimester

Subchorionic hematoma/ hemmorage

I was diagnosed with a 1cm subchorionic hematoma at around 6 1/2 weeks. I am currently 7 weeks 3 days. I had one episode of bleeding and have been spotting on and off since 5 weeks. Has any one else had any experience with this? Support and positive vibes are much needed

Answers

• I have been bleeding/spotting for the last few days. My hcg levels are good so far. Waiting to do further testing tomorrow. I am wondering if this is what is going on with me too. Lots of positivity your way!!!
  • They are extremely common and most do not affect pregnancies at all.
    I had one at 6 and another at 7 weeks , both bled out a bit and the remainder absorbed back into the body.
    I know it's scary to see blood like that, but try not to stress too much about it. Good luck.
  • Loading the player...
  • blsav23blsav23 member
    edited October 2015
    I had one at 7 weeks with lots of bleeding that sent me to the ER. I delivered my twin boys on Monday :)
    DH & I married 12/17/2012
    Me (31)-dx w/PCOS 2007, when married to ex-husband after MC
    DH (41)-no MFI
    07/2014-Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI= chem preg ;(
    08/2014-Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI + 2nd trigger= BFN
    09/2014-Clomid 100mg + trigger + IUI + 2nd trigger= BFN
    10/2014-benched due to RE out of town, tying naturally!
    11/2014-benched due to cyst
    12/2014-Femara 5mg + stair step with additional 5 days Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI=BFN
    01/2015-Femara 5mg + Gonal F 25 units + trigger (plus additional Gonal F 100 units on trigger night) + IUI= BFP!!! Twins due 10/2015
    09/28/2015- Surprise!  Conrad and Hudson born at 35w6d!  
  • Thank you all for your responses! It is making me have a more positive outlook :)
  • I had one with my first pregnancy . They typically bleed out or get re absorbed in the second trimester but that was not my case
  • Did any one have clots with the spotting too? Some days I do and others I don't.
  • I was just diagnosed with this a few days ago. Mine is 4 cm. It's scary, but the dr said this happens in 25 % of pregnancies.
    I am currently 15 weeks and I'm on bed rest for a week to let the body reabsorb it