1st Trimester

Disgusting Creature

Is how I feel. Anyone else? What have you been slacking on beauty/hygiene-wise for the sake of getting just a min more of sleep? I haven't shaved my legs in God knows when. My armpits are very womens-lib-burning-bras-ish. My hair (even though washed with no conditioner) could be wrung out at any time with grease. I'm breaking out like a 13 year old. Lets not talk about the decade my down there is living in right now. I can't get my act together! I'm so tired and nauseated I just can not make myself presentable for public appearances (work, grocery, my living room). Please help me feel better and tell me I'm not alone!

PS... I have at least been washing myself and at least putting on deodorant...  
Been married since 2009.
Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
Several MCs
DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

Re: Disgusting Creature

• Hugs and... top knots (good for the crazy greasy hair!).
    I haven't used a hair dryer since I found out I was pregnant.. I'm drying it with the vents in the car every morning.
  • I chopped my hair to avoid having to deal with it anymore.
    I mostly feel bleh because of weight gain. Sigh.
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• Loading the player...
  • @saladflambe do you think it's actually weight gain or bloat? I'm trying to figure that out for me right now bc I know I'm bloated and I'm barely able to eat anything so how the H am I gaining weight?! I have short hair already and just went red for the fall and winter and of course it's already fading and I can do nothing about it! So now I feel like I resemble Chucky more than an actual human woman.
    Been married since 2009.
    Several MCs

• I think if it really bothers you, you should do something about it. It takes me more effort than before but when I straighten my hair and do my makeup, I instantly feel better, even if I can't help feeling fat. If you're way too tired/nauseous to do it though, then it will have to wait. Don't put too much pressure on yourself!

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Put a little makeup on and throw your hair in a bun. You'd be surprised at how much better you feel!
  • I'm super bloated and my face is very greasy. I just feel nasty. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It's a boy! Grow baby, grow! EDD: 4/22/2016

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Hopefully you'll get to a day where that goes away... well some of it... I felt exactly the same way a couple weeks ago, like air drying hair everyday... braid or messy bun... lucky to get mascara on, now i'm back to a more normal routine... my face is still ridic with breakouts, but even putting more of my normal make up on did make me feel better and shaving more regularly too! haha.  Don't worry... lots of stages, you'll figure out a happy medium for yourself- don't put too much pressure on, you've got lots happening!! :)
  • Bluejay3030Bluejay3030 member
    edited September 2015
    Yes! I was looking at myself in the mirror this morning thinking that pregnancy REALLY doesn't agree with me. Between bloating, breaking out, and being to tired too put on makeup half the time, I am just nasty. I also haven't shaved my legs for like 2 weeks. I have to tonight though bc I have an OB appt tomorrow, so I'm trying to preserve my energy for it. :|

Edit: spelling
  • You're def not alone. Me and my fiance were shopping the other day and I asked him to get something for me that I could def reach on my own and when he looked at my like "ok but why" I just shrugged and was like "yeah... can't remember the last time I shaved my pits and I don't want to scare any children"... My fav wardrobe choice right now is his boxers and tshirts, I'm the queen at oozing zero sex appeal currently. Try to throw on some blush if you feel ambitious, I'm trying to get in the habit of that so at least I'm making a relative effort!
  • Yes! I was looking at myself in the mirror this morning thinking that pregnancy REALLY doesn't agree with me. Between bloating, breaking out, and being to tired too put on makeup half the time, I am just nasty. I also haven't shaved my legs for like 2 weeks. I have to tonight though bc I have an OB appt tomorrow, so I'm trying to preserve my energy for it. :| Edit: spelling
    OMG we may be soulmates. DH thinks I'm suck a weirdo bc I shave my legs and down there before going to my OB. He always tells me: "It's not a date!" It's just a have to. Like brushing your teeth, flossing, and using mouthwash before going to the dentist.
    Been married since 2009.
    Several MCs

• I'm shaving my pits, but not my legs. I'm not washing my face with anything other than the shampoo that happens to trickle over it on the way down my body. I'm not wearing make-up or doing my hair. Up in a messy bun every day for the past three weeks - or dried via the open car window on my way to work. Pathetic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Me: 39 DH: 41
    Met in HS, but lost touch for 12 years after graduation
    1st Date: 5/27/06
    Engaged: 9/16/13
    Married: 6/20/15
    BFP: 9/2/15
    CVS: 11/3/15 (all good news - thank God!)
    EDD: 5/11/16

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Pregnancy Ticker

• Thank you all so much for your posts - now I don't feel so alone! I feel sick and yucky all the time, and just don't feel like putting in all of the normal 'effort' that I'm used to. Ugh, I can not wait to get to the second trimester, everyone tells me it will get better then. We all need to hang in there!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I work in fashion, and I think I am going to get fired for how I have been dressing. Baggy jeans. Sneakers. Messy hair. Hoping 2nd tri welcomes more energy to get dressed. Because right now, I feeling like a slob.

cat fail animated GIF

• In my first tri I worked in a warehouse so I'm not kidding when I say from the time I peed on a stick until about 14/15 weeks along, I only put "real" clothes and make up on about four times. I lived in gym shorts and t-shirts. I was gross. Starting between week 14 and 16 I was able to actually care about my appearance again. 

To help with the hair, dry shampoo is a life saver. Upping my water consumption helped with the bloat for me and I think it helped clear up my skin a bit as well. Good luck! I hope you find relief soon.
  • If I were at the point where I considered myself "disgusting" then I'd be doing something about it, regardless of how tired I am. I'm exhausted most of the time with 2 kids but I still don't let myself go.

• If I were at the point where I considered myself "disgusting" then I'd be doing something about it, regardless of how tired I am. I'm exhausted most of the time with 2 kids but I still don't let myself go.

I'm so glad you are able to. Good for you. Keep up the good work.

Nice sarcasm.

Did you read how you described yourself? You should probably buck up and take care of yourself. Life will be harder when the baby is actually here.

I'm so glad you are able to. Good for you. Keep up the good work.
    Nice sarcasm. Did you read how you described yourself? You should probably buck up and take care of yourself. Life will be harder when the baby is actually here.

Oh ok thanks so much for the advice. Very helpful.
    Been married since 2009.
    Several MCs

• DustyMelonsDustyMelons member
    edited October 2015
    This made me laugh. Please revisit this post when you're... say, anywhere from 1 day to 2 months post partum.
  • I find myself getting hotter (temperature wise & other wise ^-^) so I have to shower a lot. I have to shave or I feel funky. Already going through bouts of MS so no way will I let myself feel disgusting in any other sphere.

I may not wash my hair every other day but dry shampoo and frizz tamers are key.

Take care of yourself now so you can continue this routine after the baby comes.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Rostislm said:
    Be careful BigBoobs. All that time and effort on the outside may leave you with no time to take care of the inside. From your comments, sounds like you could benefit from spending some time beautifying what really matters.

• BigboobsmcgeeBigboobsmcgee member
    edited October 2015
    Rostislm said:
    So is it normal for miserable women to troll maternity forums? My God! Shouldn't we be positive and supportive instead of judgey and antagonistic? What the hell is wrong with some of these people? And BigBoobs...you totally caught me. So jealous.

So because I don't "let myself go" to the point of considering myself disgusting (I'm sure OP was exaggerating), I'M a miserable woman? Not currently being pregnant makes me a troll? And because I was honest and didn't agree with the OP, I'M not supportive? Just making sure I understand your analysis of me.

Funny how you're the only one calling names but yet I'm the bad guy. Interesting. You're getting awfully fired up over such a simple topic.

• Rostislm said:
    So is it normal for miserable women to troll maternity forums? My God! Shouldn't we be positive and supportive instead of judgey and antagonistic? What the hell is wrong with some of these people? And BigBoobs...you totally caught me. So jealous.

So because I don't "let myself go" to the point of considering myself disgusting (I'm sure OP was exaggerating), I'M a miserable woman? Not currently being pregnant makes me a troll? And because I was honest and didn't agree with the OP, I'M not supportive? Just making sure I understand your analysis of me.

Funny how you're the only one calling names but yet I'm the bad guy. Interesting. You're getting awfully fired up over such a simple topic.

No...it's bc I wasn't asking for someone to tell me to get it together and suck it up. I have a child already so I never needed your input on what to do. This is an internet forum and you have a right to your opinion but if I were at a point where I was feeling defensive for someone calling out my snarky behavior I'd do something about it...Like just let it go. I posted this not bc I needed your advice on how to get it together...I've made a beautiful 2 1/2 year old and made it to 30 without your help. I just wanted to know if I was alone in the stage of pregnancy that I am. Again, you're allowed your opinion but don't get so defensive when your comment isn't appreciated. But please...continue to ignite fires. You're coming off so well.

Been married since 2009.
    Several MCs

• @erbujaki80 you got the visual though right? haha update...I've shaved at least my armpits.
    Been married since 2009.
    Several MCs

• Rostislm said:

Be careful BigBoobs. All that time and effort on the outside may leave you with no time to take care of the inside. From your comments, sounds like you could benefit from spending some time beautifying what really matters.

This. Was. Awesome! :x
  • Rostislm said:

OP, If you're looking to bond with other "disgusting creatures" like yourself, perhaps your BMB would be a better place to post this.

I'm not judging you for being disgusting quite so much as thinking that it's an appropriate subject matter to post about and "bond" with other women over.

Also, posting here while not pregnant does not a troll make. This board has a lot of questions from women experiencing potential miscarriages or those who have other serious questions regarding pregnancy. Honestly, when I read the title of this thread I thought the poster might be depressed or at the least experiencing low self esteem and I though perhaps she needed some support. Sadly, no, she just thinks poor hygiene is cool.
  • DustyMelonsDustyMelons member
    edited October 2015

• Rostislm said:

OP, If you're looking to bond with other "disgusting creatures" like yourself, perhaps your BMB would be a better place to post this.

I'm not judging you for being disgusting quite so much as thinking that it's an appropriate subject matter to post about and "bond" with other women over.

Also, posting here while not pregnant does not a troll make. This board has a lot of questions from women experiencing potential miscarriages or those who have other serious questions regarding pregnancy. Honestly, when I read the title of this thread I thought the poster might be depressed or at the least experiencing low self esteem and I though perhaps she needed some support. Sadly, no, she just thinks poor hygiene is cool.

• Be careful BigBoobs. All that time and effort on the outside may leave you with no time to take care of the inside. From your comments, sounds like you could benefit from spending some time beautifying what really matters.

I think all the work I spend on my outer appearance is paying off. No?

• I feel better when I take some time to look nice when I go out and go to work . It only takes a few minutes and it's worth it to me :) but when I'm home you bet your ass I'm in yoga pants and a tank top. There's not much of an excuse to not shower or let grooming go down the hole because your preggo. It'll be way worse and harder when baby is here!
  • Rostislm said:

LMAO so glad BigBoobs mom could come to her rescue.
    Been married since 2009.
    Several MCs

• Is how I feel. Anyone else? What have you been slacking on beauty/hygiene-wise for the sake of getting just a min more of sleep? I haven't shaved my legs in God knows when. My armpits are very womens-lib-burning-bras-ish. My hair (even though washed with no conditioner) could be wrung out at any time with grease. I'm breaking out like a 13 year old. Lets not talk about the decade my down there is living in right now. I can't get my act together! I'm so tired and nauseated I just can not make myself presentable for public appearances (work, grocery, my living room). Please help me feel better and tell me I'm not alone!

It's normal to have the greasy hair and acne, but there are ways to fight it. Find you a shampoo & conditioner with tea tree oil or just add a few drop of tea tree oil to whatever you currently use. It will help your hair not be so greasy. You can use it on your face too, but make sure it's diluted or else it can tingle uncomfortably. As for the rest...I got nothing. My hair is growing so fast that when I used to shave my pits every 3rd day, it needs to be daily now. I just shaved my legs for the first time in a couple weeks and I haven't been able to see my downstairs since about week 8 so I don't even want to know what that looks like. I can no longer wear eye makeup either, as my body has decided to become sensitive to it and I get styes from it.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Is how I feel. Anyone else? What have you been slacking on beauty/hygiene-wise for the sake of getting just a min more of sleep? I haven't shaved my legs in God knows when. My armpits are very womens-lib-burning-bras-ish. My hair (even though washed with no conditioner) could be wrung out at any time with grease. I'm breaking out like a 13 year old. Lets not talk about the decade my down there is living in right now. I can't get my act together! I'm so tired and nauseated I just can not make myself presentable for public appearances (work, grocery, my living room). Please help me feel better and tell me I'm not alone!

This was a hilarious post that strangely made my day. Yes, I am totally slacking on the hygiene department. No, I don't feel even a tiny bit bad about it. You are not alone.

Hang in there until second trimester. You will start to feel human again. But then... third tri cones along. LOL.
  • @doozer1345 I have always been a minimalist in the hair and make-up department, better to feel good about who we are as people and I really believe that true beauty comes from within... but these days I need all the help I can get! I swear if I don't wear mascara at least 2 people at work ask me if I'm feeling okay. On the weekends though, I'd rather stick hot pokers in my eyeballs than put on eyeliner.

Thanks for your post, I loved it! It's healthy and fun to laugh at ourselves.

• my hair is so much more oily than it has ever been. & my face, too. it's the worst because i feel like my glasses are just sliding around on my nose. i have been trying to use a face wash and moisturizer more.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"