March 2015 Moms

Highchair

Anyone using a highchair yet? If yes, how's it working? If not, what are you using as an alternative?

Re: Highchair

• I have both a highchair and a seat I use when I'm going out. The highchair is a Graco Tablefit: https://www.gracobaby.com/products/pages/tablefit-highchair-finley.aspx
    I really like how versatile it is. Plus, it folds up pretty well and is pretty easy to clean. I have an Ingenuity brand booster seat that has a tray for other times.
  • Yes we finally got ours about a week ago. It has been so much easier. Before I was feeding him sitting on my lap and while it worked this is was easier. My sons been pretty content in it. We have one of those highchair toys that suction on the tray to entertain him he likes.
  • Loading the player...
  • We just got one also. We got the Chicco Polly. I just liked that it's sort of non offensive in the wipeable plastic department. Honestly is it just me - or do all baby accessories have to be beige plastic?!

Anyways - I love it for when I'm cooking and he wants to still be close. Before that we were using an ingenuity seat (like a bumbo) with a feeding tray that snaps in. It just sits up on the table. We still use it out at my moms house etc. it's actually a really nice chair. It grows with baby. The little padded part comes out as they get bigger and the tray stores in the bottom. Nice alternative of you aren't ready for the full high chair yet.
  • DustyMelonsDustyMelons member
    edited September 2015
    We have this booster seat:

I like it so far. He sits pretty well on his own but for the chair I put a couple swaddling blankets on each side of him to keep him from leaning over too far. But I feel like that means he'll fit the chair for quite awhile. It's all plastic so it's really easy to clean. Plus it connects to an existing chair so it takes up less space than a traditional high chair.

I'm thinking about getting one of the seats that clips to a table for our breakfast bar in the kitchen.
  • I was thinking of getting the booster seat thing for now. Our apartment is so overcrowded with stuff, I'd like to get rid of some (give it away) before getting another large item. @DustyMelons We have that little table thing you clip to a table, but haven't tried it yet, our table doesn't seem as sturdy as I'd like to use that on...thanks ladies, I'll look into those.
  • ^ that Fisher Price booster seat is the best! We had it for my son, and loved it, now LO is using it. I also just bought a very similar but cheaper (in price and quality) pink one from Safety First, so we can leave one at the inlaws house. I like how it can be a high chair with tray, or a booster that pushes up to the table. We also took it camping when my son was little, it worked great for that. Definitely worth $20!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have the kind of high chair that straps on to a kitchen chair but I still feel crowded so I usually just feed my LO in her stroller because that is also in the kitchen.
  • If it's only $20, I definitely think it's worth it @honkytonk_kid! @soxgurl We have so much stuff for him, and our apartment is big. But all his playmats and TWO strollers and TWO carseats (some family members insisted on buying things we had already been gifted, but whatever) take up a lot of free space already. I don't know. We haven't decided what we want, but we're leaning toward that booster seat.

I love this Graco 4-in-1. It's great because we can use it simultaneously for our toddler and baby. The straps are easy to remove and clean, and the removable trays make clean up a snap! We love it so much, the in-laws bought the same thing for their house.
  • Oxo Tot! Love it!! Clean up is so easy and he seems comfortable in it!
  • We love ours and it can be used later on when she's feeding herself, too...
  • Thank @KD32412 and @secretbaba! I'll look into those because I'm going to start shopping for one today. We've been feeding him in his swing, but he's getting too big for that now. @GG17 I needed to Google Oxo Tot, didn't know what it was. That one seems pretty cool and he can use it as he gets older, too. Thank you everyone for your input.