2nd Trimester
Options

Baking soda gender test?

Hey ladies!

I'm just wondering if anyone tried the baking soda test to test gender, and if you now know the sex, if the result from the baking soda test was correct or not. I have my ultra sound to find out the gender in about a month, but I'm just getting impatient, so I tried it and wanted to see if it was reliable at all from others experience :)

Thanks!

Re: Baking soda gender test?

• Options
    Not for me... Sorry, said girl, i had a boy...
    They are all 50/50, best to just wait it out!

Started TTC in 2006, LOTS of trying, and trying, and 7 rounds of IVF with 13 embryos, 2 perfect little boys and 5 loses....
    All finished with babies, started to make diet changes, Keto, to be MORE for my kids, lost 30 pounds, still going, and 3 months in, I had a natural cycle, and then ovulated... Hubs and I are going to see what happens now... Maybe a natural pregnancy? After everything we have been through? Or just a return to normal hormones? We shall see what the future holds!

Baby Dust To All!!!

• Options
    lol no.

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Never heard of it. I don't even try any of the old wives tales. They are fun to some people but not to me. On the bright side they are 100% accurate 50% of the time!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    No. I mostly trust science for stuff like that, not made up malarkey.
  • Options
    No.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I was so anxious to find out that I got impatient too so I did the Old Wives Tales and gender predictor quizzes for fun. The ones that I did were actually correct but old wives tales are just theories that they say and not always correct. You can do the baking soda test but whatever answer you get I wouldn't believe it whole hardheartedly just in case it is wrong and you get disappointed type thing at your sonogram. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've tried it more than once and the answers changed each time, so it definitely doesn't work!
  • Options
    It's 50% accurate! Just like every other non-scientific test or predictor out there.
  • Options
    I'm sure she knows it's not 100% accurate. They're just fun to do!

I did the baking soda test (along with the ring test, and looking at the Chinese calendar). Sadly, don't trust the baking soda, it said I was having a girl, and 3 days later we found out ITS A BOY!! :)
  • Options
    Yes it worked and had nothing to do with the balsamic vinegrette I had earlier.
  • Options
    I did it for fun both viable pregnancies: it was stone-cold wrong each time. =))

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    doesn't sound like it could work...
  • Options
    Can determine if you diet is acidic or not LOL
  • Options
    I got boy results. I find out for sure in 4 days! Try the needle and thread test too! I love little fun things like that even if it's not correct they're just fun to try.
  • Options
    Nope it was wrong. It said i was having a girl and im having a boy. Baby boy #4
  • Options
    Worked for me mine fizzled like crazy and I had a boy.
  • Options
    Wrong! Said boy but I'm having a girl
  • Options
    The only thing I thought was reliable was the gold ring on string test.. picked up my two little ones sex, not sure if it was just fluke though lol x
  • Options
    baba35ali said:

The only thing I thought was reliable was the gold ring on string test.. picked up my two little ones sex, not sure if it was just fluke though lol x

=))
    March '16 December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Christmas Movies/Quotes