2nd Trimester

Babymoon!

edited September 2015 in 2nd Trimester
Just booked a trip to Maui for some R&R before baby arrives. Although there will be no crazy activities or cocktails, it will be so nice to chill with the hubs, soak up the sun and relax before baby girl makes her grand appearance. Anyone else have plans for a special getaway? Would love to hear where/what y'all have planned!

Re: Babymoon!

• We have talked about NYC. It's been on our list for a while and pre baby seems like the perfect time to go. Since I won't be able to drink at at all, at least I'll be able to eat my way through the fabulous city! 
  • we did NYC before our last baby... you're right, amazing city to do it in, but def plan your stop (eating stops :) )... so much walking, which is awesome, but while prego... difficult at times!  my husband was a nervous wreck with everyone bumping into me lol.  enjoy!!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • suteki325suteki325 member
    edited September 2015
    We're planning a little weekend getaway to a bed and breakfast in the Ozark Mountains. It won't be anything too grand or over the top, but I'm hoping to relax and enjoy DH and I spending some alone time together before DS makes his entrance into the world!

ETA - That was the first time I've been able to use the lingo "DS" and it gave me the warm fuzzies. :x
  • We are also going to Maui! Can't wait for the R&R.

We actually booked a trip to China for two weeks (as it is one of our 'must see' destinations). Needless to say, my first trimester has kicked the life out of me and I do not feel physically/emotionally/mentally prepared to take on that kind of travel.

Maui it is!
  • Heading up to northern mi for a quiet weekend get away. Very excited to have some quiet time.
  • I won't be doing anything pre-baby because I need to be working my butt off, but my family is planning a vacation to Mexico this coming summer...I really hope I'll be able to afford the trip! And NYC is great for food, I doubt any of you ladies will even miss the drinks :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We took my son to Disneyland last month for our babymoon/his last trip as an only child. My feet were so swollen from all the walking but we had a blast!
  • LDSJM123 said:

We have talked about NYC. It's been on our list for a while and pre baby seems like the perfect time to go. Since I won't be able to drink at at all, at least I'll be able to eat my way through the fabulous city! 

Sounds awesome! NYC in the fall? Perfect!
  • We are also going to Maui! Can't wait for the R&R.

We actually booked a trip to China for two weeks (as it is one of our 'must see' destinations). Needless to say, my first trimester has kicked the life out of me and I do not feel physically/emotionally/mentally prepared to take on that kind of travel.

Maui it is!

China is definitely on our bucket list too--- but doing it while pregnant? I don't blame you for choosing Maui! What part of the island are you headed to?
  • We just spent the weekend in northern MI for a little babymoon getaway. We wanted to go somewhere tropic for a week in december, but DH has a big work project starting next week and won't be able to get away. We honeymooned on Maui and went back to Hawaii twice more since because we loved it so much; I'm so bummed we can't work in a winter getaway this year! But there are definitely other things to look forward to. :)
  • We did a Chicago weekend, it was fun and just what we needed! 
  • We went to Fort Lauderdale for 5 days last month.  No real plans, just chilled on the beach, slept in, and ate.  It was very relaxing. :)
    Me: 30 DH: 35 
    TTC #1 - Jan 2015
    BFP on 5/13/15
    DD born 1/24/16
    TTC #2 - Jun 2017
    BFP on 8/24/17
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We went to Australia and New Zealand in June as a "last hurrah before we get pregnant"...and I actually ended up conceiving on the trip! So our kid has already gone bungee-jumping, unbeknownst to everyone until we got home ;) haha. It would be nice to do a mini getaway before my due date, but it will probably be a weekend somewhere within driving distance. 
  • Just booked a trip to Maui for some R&R before baby arrives. Although there will be no crazy activities or cocktails, it will be so nice to chill with the hubs, soak up the sun and relax before baby girl makes her grand appearance. Anyone else have plans for a special getaway? Would love to hear where/what y'all have planned!
    we just got back from Maui and it was awesome!! So nice to just lay on the beach and relax!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Trip to Vancouver BC for two nights and watch a Canucks game.
  • I would really love to go back to Aruba (where we honeymooned)
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• Opted to buy a new DSLR camera and get better at taking pictures together. That way we can take an obnoxious number of pictures of baby (but at least they'll look really good). Have fun! :)
  • I've wanted to go to charleston for years and we talked about this being a baby moon trip. But now I feel like we have to save every penny, so doubt we will be going. I'm incredibly bummed :(

cat fail animated GIF

• Doing a working holiday to the Sunshine Coast (Australia) the only thing is it's a friends wedding we are attending (I'm doing hair/makeup) so there will be a buck of people we know there in the same hotel and I really hope we get some time to ourselves, selfishly. They are already sort of planning things to do together.. It will be amazing either way!
  • We've been doing little getaways every month. We book our ultrasounds on Friday mornings and we both take the day off of work and then head out. We go places about an hour away, stay two nights in a hotel and book activites and food that I could find groupon or living socials for and try to save money while having a mini vacay.
  • As someone who lives in Manhattan and has for a verrrryyy long time, if you head to NYC please be aware of the subways where you stay, and make sure one is close. Times Square is the WORST place on earth, and will be crowded and painful to navigate with your baby bump. I know, because my office is there :). It is nothing like the rest of the city, otherwise no one would live here. Try to stay above 50th or below 30th. If you are in that range, stick to the east side. And do yourself a favor and please head to the village or the UWS to eat, and don't waste your money at bubba gump.
  • I'm crashing my husband's work trip to NYC and calling it a baby moon. The only time I've been was for my own work so I'm excited to just go as a tourist and show him the town.
  • We're going to an adults only resort in Mayan Riviera as it'll be the last time we can for a while. We're very excited! Only 90 more days till beach and relaxation :)
  • I wish! we just had our honeymoon a few months ago so we won't plan anything major for a babymoon, especially since my 2nd trimester falls over the holiday season. But we live in Chicago so we'll do a little staycation at a hotel downtown & catch a Bulls game & a nice dinner maybe. 
  • Love all these trips! DH and I are going to a b&b in MA. They had a Babymoon package that included a couples massage (prenatal for me), body pillow, and gift for baby. Looking forward to hanging hubby, lounging by the fireplace and eating some delicious food!
  • Just returned from a Bahamas cruise for our babymoon and it was amazing!!