Parenting after 35
Options

Weekly check-in Sept 27

How was your week?

QOTW: Fall is here - what seasonal activities are you, have you or looking forward to doing?
Me-37, DH-38
Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

Re: Weekly check-in Sept 27

• Options
    Week was good, even though DH has been out of town. LO started to get another cold, but it only lasted a couple days.
    LO has continued to wake only 2x at night, though one of those times is around 5am, so I usually end up just getting up, while usually goes back to sleep for an hour or two.... Except Saturday, he just wanted to play :( So, since we were up, we went out for a morning hike.
    I took a personal day off on Wednesday and we went to a swim lesson, it was so fun!

QOTW: I bought my first pumpkin yesterday and started making puree for baking and other treats.
    Otherwise I, like everyone in Phoenix is just looking forward to the weather to get below the 90's, so we can go outside
    Me-37, DH-38

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• Options
     My week was good.  My parents were in town for the first time to meet Chloe, their first and only grandchild.  It's been fun.  Grandpop has been doing a lot of work around the house and Grandmom has been loving holding the baby.  They leave tomorrow, but it's been a really nice time.  They'll back for Christmas. :)

Chloe is doing well with PT, and we are now only going every two weeks instead of weekly.

QOTW:  I am right there with you, @mindaa ... looking forward to cooler temps.  This week was pretty hot for this time of year.  Anyway, we do a good bit of travel in the fall.  We're leaving for Disneyland tomorrow.  I compromised with the fiance' and we are taking Chloe to the Mickey's Trick or Treat party on Wednesday.  It's only in the evening and it was much cheaper than a whole day.  I hope we make out okay.

We also go up to Flagstaff for the arboteum's annual pumpkin walk.  We'll also visit Prescott and do some hiking to see the fall colors in Sedona.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's cooling down here (in Amman) too! But still sleeping with the aircon on. been a quiet week here. All the guests have left and baby is starting to be more awake now which is fun, we're playing a bit. We had or 9th anniversary and took him to our favourite sushi place. Have left him with the nanny for a couple of hours and it worked out fine though others don't seem to do this... it seems fine. Her own children are OK. ..☺ a quiet week really. Planning vacations, thinking about early retirement (not gonna happen but when you have time to dream. ..).
    Seasonal activities: hmm. Summer ended so suddenly. I'm not ready for it to be over yet. Don't think there's much specific seasonal activity happening here lol. So, nothing to declare really, all is well. Take care!
  • Options
    Hello. We have a new addition this week. Sib of foster child was born early. They are looking into family for new baby but not big one. Odd... We'll be heartbroken if baby leaves.

@jerseygirl what's Chloe in pt for? Ours had torticollis and is still in pt.
  • Options
    @baby'smom, that does seem odd that they would look for a new family - prayers that everything will work out
    Me-37, DH-38

• Options
    Well they're looking at a relative. But they're related to both kids. If you didn't step up for the first its not fair to the kids to keep them apart. If they do move baby 2 we'll try to keep the sibs in contact but it's not the same as growing up together. They have another older 1/2 sib (1 yr) that's with its relative. We only made it in person contact twice last year.
  • Options
    That's indeed a bit odd. And complicates things a lot, right? Hope it works out for you, keep us updated. Tc
  • Options
    Baby'smom said:
    Hello. We have a new addition this week. Sib of foster child was born early. They are looking into family for new baby but not big one. Odd... We'll be heartbroken if baby leaves. @jerseygirl what's Chloe in pt for? Ours had torticollis and is still in pt.
    @Baby'smom ... Chloe also has torticollis.  Her case is pretty mild and she is doing well.  I'm hoping that they'll discharge her soon since I go back to work next month. :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I hope so too.