December 2014 Moms

Sleeping alone?

anybody have advice to get LO to sleep in their own bed? All night long? We're 9 months old, will only sleep half the night in his bed, and still wakes up for nighttime feedings.

Re: Sleeping alone?

• Bump.... I'm in the same boat too bad any advice would be helpful.
  • Same thing here too
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi there! I haven't posted here before, I'm Jen, FTM of a baby boy! I wanted to respond to this post bc we have been having same issues with sleep, lo has never been a great sleeper or napper. We have now got baby boy sttn on his own! We started putting him to sleep in crib awake but drowsy instead of rocking him to sleep. And some other things we did that seemed to help was moving bedtime from 9 to 8:30 and now to 8 ( when he rubs his eyes and shows sleepy signals) . Follow bedtime routine (for example we go back to nursery, dim lights turn lullaby music on, read and rock, bottle w lights dimmed, then put down in crib drowsy but awake). Also we ensure room is very dark, no night lights and we switched to a solid navy blue crib sheet, so no patterns.

I hope this info helps!
  • Best advice I ever got was to try the Babywise book. It's a quick read. May not be your thing but it worked for us and is at least worth a read. Good luck.