Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Wedding Help

We currently have a 6.5 month old.   And we were invited to a wedding this weekend, baby included.  There has been a last minute change and my husband won't be able to attend.  Any advice for a mom taking her baby to a wedding alone?  The venue is 30 minutes from home so we wont be able to stop at a hotel room or anything for her to nap.  Also, it is outside, so I'm nervous that even if I sit towards the back, if LO starts crying I wont be able to get her away fast or far enough. 

Re: Wedding Help

• If baby was invited, then I think the Bride and Groom understand that your LO will probably fuss and/or cry at some point. We recently attended a wedding that was outside also in the middle of July. It was super hot but a beautiful day. We packed the bag with extra puffs, water and milk for our LO to keep him occupied. Maybe a receiving blanket to keep the sun off her wouldn't hurt, or if she gets tired there. 

Don't be nervous, I'm sure the Bride and Groom want you and your family there more than dealing with a little fuss from your LO. It's well worth the trade off to be apart of their special day. 

Also, I think sitting on the end of a pew/row is a lot easier than sitting in the middle of the row in the very back. Just have your "go to" place ready ahead of time. Enjoy the wedding!