Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Members Mark Gentle Formula

I get Enfamil Gentlease through WIC but now that my son eats 6-8 oz. bottles the 9 cans don't last the whole month. I recently got a Sams Club membership through my employer to save money on diapers and formula. I saw their brand of formula was half the price of Enfamil so I bought it thinking it wouldn't be that different. He still has some Enfamil left but I thought I would use the MM formula too in case he needed to adjust to it. It's only been a few days since he's been eating the MM. I noticed their formula is a darker color and not as fine as Enfamil but he drank it okay. Yesterday he didn't poop all day. I put him to bed and a few hours later he was screaming like I've never heard before. His poop was like a rock and once he passed the rock he pooped more softer poop. Fed him a bottle and put him back to sleep. Another 4 hours and then the painful screaming again. And again another big poop rock followed by soft poop. Has anyone else had this experience? I'm afraid to feed him anymore MM. Luckily I still have a little Enfamil left. I'm taking the MM back and forking over the money for Enfamil. I'm glad I have WIC so I only have to buy a couple cans myself. I feel so guilty for putting him in pain.

Re: Members Mark Gentle Formula

• Hi

I was using the Enfamil Gentlease for my LO, but when we saw the MM formula half price at Sam's we decided to give it a try. 
    We read all the ingredients and did not seem much difference with the Enfamil.
    My LO did not like it, he was spitting milk all day and his pee was very stinky. We tried for a few days, but then we decided to go back to the Enfamil. He did not spit again and the pee odor went back to normal.
    *we took the MM formula back and got a full refund. 

I felt bad to put him through this, but we are back to his regular routine now. 

I hope this helps.