Working Moms

Which schedule is better for baby and grandparents

I am first responder and my job requires me to work afternoons and weekends. I get a whole weekend off every 5 weeks. I am a single parent the father is not involved in any which way possible. I always assumed that when I had a baby I would be able to use daycare but due to my career daycare hours are of no good use to me. I'm home ALL DAY. Besides even if I joined the day shift I would still be working weekends. I currently work 4pm to midnight 4 days and 2 days off. ( I also have the option to join the overnight shift 9m to 5am again 4 days and 2 off). My dad aka grandpa is retired and part time runs his own business in the morning and is always free afternoon and weekends. He said he will always be there to babysit. I even asked him to move into my home. I have a 4 bedroom home so I have plenty of space. Grandma live about 20 minutes away and Will likely want to spend some days with the baby too here and there. My question is since the grandparents will be baby sitting what schedule would be best for baby. FYI my parents are young mom is 49 and dad is 55.

Re: Which schedule is better for baby and grandparents

• I work 7:30-4 but don't get home until 5pm & my 5 month old goes to sleep at 6:30/7pm- I would love to work 4-12 because eventually baby should be going to bed around 7pm for the night & up around 7am. You will definitely see more of baby that way (& a happier baby as they seem to get a little crabby as the day goes on- depending on naps). Then maybe wh