Babies: 0 - 3 Months

My Baby Won't Let Me Hold Her

Hey everyone, my daughter is 10 weeks today and she won't let me hold her without screaming! This started a week after I went back to work so 3 weeks ago! She will be fine laughing and smiling and if I start talking to her and pick her up she starts screaming!! There is no consoling her... But as soon as I hand her over to my husband she stops crying! He stays home with her and I know that has a little to do with it but I need some help on how to get her to warm up to me or some reassurance that it's not just me! My poor husband also can't get a break cuz she doesn't like anyone but him!! My heart is breaking!!

Re: My Baby Won't Let Me Hold Her

• Ohh, I'm sorry OP. IT IS NOT YOU. I promise. Babies know their mother, she can smell you and feel you. She will always love you but for whatever reason, she is super attached to her primary caregiver right now (dad). Babies go through such odd phases and this too will pass. It will. Try having some alone time with her. Rock her, sing to her, have quiet time. Hang in there.
  • Ohh, I'm sorry OP. IT IS NOT YOU. I promise. Babies know their mother, she can smell you and feel you. She will always love you but for whatever reason, she is super attached to her primary caregiver right now (dad). Babies go through such odd phases and this too will pass. It will. Try having some alone time with her. Rock her, sing to her, have quiet time. Hang in there.

All of this. 100%.

See if your husband can have a guys night & let you have baby all to yourself. She might fuss & cry, but hang tough. My husband has this with our son until around a year. Even now my daughter prefers my husband over me & my son acts like my husband is a meanie head for nothing.

Trust, she loves you. You just need to create some special bonding times & keep them up. Hugs. I can't imagine feeling like my baby didn't like me. That sounds heart breaking.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers