Single Parents

Raising a child as a single parent and first responder

How do first responders (Police officers, firefighters, paramedics, nurses, doctors, and even customer service workers like waitresses,)?

Flight attendants, airline workers raise children. I am currently 29 years old single and pregnant. I don't have the option of changing my job (as a police officer) because we'll it pays very well and has great health benefits etc. But I will always work weekends and so do so many other professions. How do you raise children always working weekends and afternoons and night shifts.

Re: Raising a child as a single parent and first responder

• Do you have any family or close friends nearby?  I'm not in that profession and don't know anyone who is single in that profession so I'm not sure how good any advice from me will be, so I will apologize up front about that.

If you have family/close friends close by, do you think they'd be available to watch your LO if you are called to duty?
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I think we just figure it out.. Do you have support from family or friends at work? Have you looked at sittercity? Good luck to you!