Babies on the Brain
Options

Who is actively trying?

This board has everyone from those who are waiting and those who are trying. I have really enjoyed seeing BOTB come to life.

So we all know who plans on waiting, but who is actively trying and how long has your journey been? Jump in ladies from TTGP. I know y'all check in on this board from time to time. Let us support y'all.

Re: Who is actively trying?

• Options
    This is my first time checking out this board. DH and I are on month three. The first month I knew we wouldn't get pregnant, I just came off BC. The second month I got my hopes up, even though I said I wouldn't. And now we are here and my hopes are already as I wait to ovulate. Fx this month works for us!
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• Options
    We are on our fifth cycle TTC, and I've been off the BCP for a year now.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is our second cycle TTC for our first. We're very early on in our journey of TTC but I've done a lot of reading and researching prior to getting here. FX for everyone!
  • Options
    I stopped birth control pills in early July and we have been trying since, but getting more serious about it this month.
  • Options
    Keep us updated before leaving to your BMB. Maybe I can make do a monthly TTC check in on this board too and there can be announcements included?

What do y'all think, BOTB? Or should it just stay in TTGP? We are a mixed bag of waiting and trying?
  • Options
    I mainly do everything on the TTGP board so I'm my opinion I don't think that is necessary here.

• Options
    HookEmNelsonHookEmNelson member
    edited September 2015
    That's what I was thinking, but there are some active ladies here that participate in both. Most of us are just going through the wait, so while we don't participate and/or just lurk on TTGP, it would be nice to see some of the regs journey end with a pregnancy. Just my opinion. Feel free to hop in anytime here, friend.

Edited for words..they are getting to me today. I'll blame the drugs from surgery, hah!
  • Options
    I'd like to know if one of you got a BFP and moved on for sure! It seems like rules and etiquette are a bit looser here. Still maybe good to put warnings in the title in case anyone is having a tough day?
  • Options
    Good idea @Xstatic3333. So once a month I'll do 2 separate check in posts. One for those who are waiting, and then those who are beginning/currently TTC or have a BFP announcement (with a warning in title)? Should we add just general requirements within the TTC post?
  • Options
    I posted on here earlier in the summer but moved on to TTGP last month as we decided to up our timing from December to September.  We are in our first cycle actively TTC, and I'm hoping to be in the TWW come tomorrow. I will make a point to check in here more frequently though as I don't have a problem being active on both.  I've seen one or two posting on TTGP that I recognized from this board.

I agree with @xstatic3333 about the vibe of BOTB with regard to rules and etiquette, definitely lurk and read the featured posts before becoming active on TTGP.
    Me: 29
    The Mr.: 31
    EDD: 6/2/16
    Furbabies: 3 rescue dogs
  • Options
    @mrsp2213 Hi! I agree that you better know your shit and the way of the TTGP board before you even step foot over there. If you know the way of the land you are golden, and can make friends with some amazing ladies.
  • Options

@mrsp2213 Hi! I agree that you better know your shit and the way of the TTGP board before you even step foot over there. If you know the way of the land you are golden, and can make friends with some amazing ladies.

Yeah, I definitely plan to jump in there once we're trying, but would love to stay here too! I like the laid back vibe.
  • Options
    @HookEmNelson - for sure.  And it doesn't take long to learn, seems there's at least one good flaming nearly every day, but the ladies on that board are a wealth of really good information and now having been on the board for several weeks I can see why they get frustrated.  I'm rough around the edges myself so I tend to see the humor in much of the snark.
    The Mr.: 31
    EDD: 6/2/16
    Furbabies: 3 rescue dogs
  • Options
    Hey, been lurking around this board for a little while but never really posted. DH and I have been NTNP since 2012 but actively TTC since january 2015. 
    NTNP since 2012
    Officially TTC #1 since January 2015
  • Options
    mrsp2213 said:

@HookEmNelson - for sure.  And it doesn't take long to learn, seems there's at least one good flaming nearly every day, but the ladies on that board are a wealth of really good information and now having been on the board for several weeks I can see why they get frustrated.  I'm rough around the edges myself so I tend to see the humor in much of the snark.

The snark is totally deserved sometimes. I have learned that a lot of people lack common sense, and obviously do not know what Google has to offer.
  • Options
    @kaitlink33 welcome! Feel free to jump in anywhere and good luck! Come for the support, laughs and good people.
  • Options
    Good idea @Xstatic3333. So once a month I'll do 2 separate check in posts. One for those who are waiting, and then those who are beginning/currently TTC or have a BFP announcement (with a warning in title)? Should we add just general requirements within the TTC post?
    We can always try how it goes. If there is no interest we can always stop with those posts. But I read a couple of times some prefer the BOTB over the TTGP. I do get why the vibe is different at the TTGP, but atm I also prefer this board. A lot who are waiting here, so we probably hang out with each other for at least a couple of months.
    What did you mean with the general requirements at the TTC post?
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers
  • Options
    Keep us updated before leaving to your BMB. Maybe I can make do a monthly TTC check in on this board too and there can be announcements included? What do y'all think, BOTB? Or should it just stay in TTGP? We are a mixed bag of waiting and trying?
    I love this idea. Especially since the temping and charting check ins are more intimidating on TTGP. For those who may not be starting with temping and charting in their initial effort to TTC, being able to provide updates here would be fun. I plan to stay on this board when I first TTC in Jan.
  • Options
    @Lysta85 I definitely agree with you. If those posts do not have the interest of BOTB then I can end them. And as for general requirements, I really just meant keeping the drive by BFPs out. Definitely would like to keep the support and celebrating for those who are regulars.
  • Options
    So if a drive by happens they could possibly get flamed if we have no idea who they are; just like on TTGP. Everyone is welcome, but let's get to know those around us on this board. It's a longer wait for some of us and that gives us plenty of time to really have a tight group.
  • Options
    @HookEmNelson ok, now I understand. It's fine by me
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers
  • Options
    We are casually trying :)
  • Options
    @MotherOfDucks welcome to TB! Tell us about yourself? Good luck TTC!
  • Options
    Thanks. My husband and I have 3 kids already. 8, 6, and 4. We decided it'd be nice to have another before we close up shop for our 30s (he turns 30 this year) and so we've been NTNP for a while. And just decided to pay a little more attention lately. I would ultimately love to get a homebirth this time but I am high risk during my pregnancy because of IC so I have to have a cerclage placed and thus see and OB anyway. Getting ahead of myself since who knows if/when it'll happen, huh? haha.
  • Options
    @MotherOfDucks wow! You have quite the team! I like it. So much luck on your journey to 4! Again, glad you are here and jumping in. It really does bring this board more life.
  • Options
    We did the ntnp thing this month. And will actively try next cycle. I like hanging out on both boards so I will probably participate all around! :)
  • Options
    I think this is a great idea! I feel way more support when posting on BOTB ... I do participate on the Tww thread and wto... Bec I'm charting to TTA. ... It helps my cycle end quicker... Its be nice if we had something like that here
  • Options
    @Katm89 if you would like to test it out here on BOTB I say go for it. Maybe just a weekly or bi weekly one? See how it goes, friend. I'm looking forward to participate in those once we make our way into January.
  • Options
    I'm actively trying but my cycles have been more and more wonky ever since my miscarriage. Due to the timing of when I finally received my bbt I didn't temp this cycle... So I have no early clue when I ovulated and when AF is due.
    So far this is the longest cycle ever. I'm on CD 38!! I didn't start actually trying till the 1st. I took a test this morning but it was negative. I'll just keep testing until I get a positive or AF arrives.
  • Options
    I'd probably try harder if I could FIND my bbt thermometer... But I'm unwilling to buy another (it'd be my THIRD) knowing mine is somewhere in my house...
  • Options
    What do you think of temping @MotherOfDucks? Is it your preference? 

I had never heard of women so committed to it before coming to these boards and I find the concept a little overwhelming. I'm a little obsessed with control and routine without adding another element so I was thinking TTC would be one thing to just try and see what happens, but seeing how much these ladies love it, maybe I'm not giving temping enough credit. Would love to know what your experience has been.
  • Options
    I like it. It's easy enough to get into the routine if you're waking up at the same time every day anyway. Keep your thermometer next to your bed, and your chart (I had a bunch of paper charts... never got onto FF since I was mostly charting to AVOID rather than to get pregnant) and it's easy as pie. When you notice CM later in the day or whatever, add that to your chart as well. Makes it really easy to know if and when you ovulated. I was charting "for practice" between my first and second... And I caught my first ovulation because of it. And got pregnant that month. Which I also knew early because the signs were all there on my chart.  So I'd say it's good if you're one of those people who really likes to have all the information. If you're really go with the flow and just don't care... I can see why you might now be enthused. But since it's easy and inexpensive, there's no reason not to give it a go for a few cycles. :)
  • Options
    @lovearoo if you don't get your period or a BFP by CD 60 call your doctor so they can jump start your period for you.

• Options
    ^2nd that. Keep us updated, @lovearoo.
  • Options
    Just seeing this after not being on all weekend - I think the check-ins would be a nice idea. I really like the overall feel of this board and would like to know when others get their BFP  \:D/
    July '16 May Siggy Challenge 

BabyFetus Ticker
    DH: 32
    Married: June 2011
    DD #1: December 2013
    DD #2: EDD July 2016
  • Options
    @MrsRo731 yay! Also, I love your gif so much. Arrested Development is my favoriteeeeee.
  • Options
    gabpepsi said:
    @MrsRo731 yay! Also, I love your gif so much. Arrested Development is my favoriteeeeee.
    Thanks! I've had this siggy for at least 2 years and it's my fav! 
    July '16 May Siggy Challenge 

BabyFetus Ticker
    DH: 32
    Married: June 2011
    DD #1: December 2013
    DD #2: EDD July 2016