December 2014 Moms

Standing in crib

help! Every time I put LO Dow to sleep she stands right up and starts screaming. Anyone have any advice for getting her back down? I've tried going in and laying her back down and even letting her cry. She refuses to lay back down on her own.

Re: Standing in crib

• How long do you wait? It takes my lo about 15 minutes before he gives up and goes to sleep, but he doesn't really scream. When he does, we try rocking him or giving him a bottle. He often falls asleep in the recliner with my dh and then we put him in the crib. Don't give up, good luck!
  • She'll scream all night if I don't go in. I'm mostly concerned with the standing. Once she's up she will not lay back down.
  • Loading the player...
  • I know it's lazy parenting but I nurse (or bottle feed if you're no longer nursing) to relax my girl and she usually calms down a bit. She has been going through a phase where she rolls and climbs and has to get every bit of energy out before bed so if I put her down too soon she's miserable. Night routines help her too (bath, lotion etc...)
  • Brithoney said:
    I know it's lazy parenting but I nurse (or bottle feed if you're no longer nursing) to relax my girl and she usually calms down a bit. She has been going through a phase where she rolls and climbs and has to get every bit of energy out before bed so if I put her down too soon she's miserable. Night routines help her too (bath, lotion etc...)
    I don't think it's lazy at all and it's unfortunate some people gave you that impression. That to me, is the definition of parenting! Putting in the effort, sacrificing your needs to take care of your baby...there is nothing lazy about that. Lazy to me is leaving a child alone to take care of themselves. Don't beat yourself up! I'm still nursing 2-4x a night, lazy is the last word that comes to mind lol.

As for OP...as with everything, it's probably just a phase. Is LO learning to crawl/walk? Change in eating habits? It always seems long when you're going through a regression but I've found if I give it 2 weeks then the situation has changed. Good luck!
    TTC since June 2011
    DH: perfect SA
    Me: 30, moderate endo, unexplained infertility
    IUI or IVF in December

• Mine does this too!!! If he wakes up at night he instantly sits up then stands. Then often falls over! It's scary!