October 2013 Moms

Won't Nap for Mom

I have twin daughters who will be two on 10/15. One is a super awesome napper and falls asleep within 15 minutes. The other has refused to nap for me (in her bed) for almost two weeks. She just babbles (occasionally gets upset, but mostly just talks) the entire time. The thing is, she sleeps great with everyone else (Grandma's house twice a week, the sitter once a week, and at home for Daddy when I need a break). She will only nap for me in the car.
I hate to make her sister endure a 1-1.5 hour car ride just so non-sleeper can get a nap, especially since most of the time sister has had a great nap.
Routine is the same for all caregivers, so I am stumped. I know she's not ready to give up the nap because she falls asleep within minutes of a car ride. Any advice?

Re: Won't Nap for Mom

• Just providing moral support as I just endured a 2.5 hour nap strike with my exhausted almost 2 year old. I'm drinking vodka now. I suggest you do the same.
    • Married 6/1/2012
    • BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 -  MC 12/10/2012
    • BFP #2 - 2/12/2013 - EDD 10/17/2013 - DD Born 10/10/2013
    • BFP #3 - 1/29/2014 - Ectopic pregnancy discovered 1/31/2014
    • BFP #4 - 9/28/2014 - EDD 6/4/2015 - DS Born 5/31/2015

• Ugh!! I know that feeling. I think they must all do a strike at sone point. I don't know what to tell you to do, but I can say my strike ended and now we're back to napping and sleeping through the night! Good luck mama!
  • Loading the player...
  • My son stopped taking naps at a year old. No matter what I did he would not take a nap. She probably just really excited to see you and spend time with you that she doesn't want to miss a moment with you. That's what happened with my son. I've learned to embrace no naps and he sleeps through the night.