Infertility
Options

Beta Results

My first IUI was confirmed a Neg :( Thought I was prepared to hear it, but I guess you're never ready. Time to wait for AF to show up and start IUI #2. Doctor is still keeping me with clomid says we are going to try with it again. Any tips on how I should prepare myself for this next IUI? What to do and not to do? Thank you I appreciate any and all help!

Re: Beta Results

• Options
    So sorry to read this. Hoping AF comes quickly and you can restart soon.
      • TTC #1 since August 2014
      • currently on 5th medicated IUI cycle
  • Options
    Thank you very much @kmetcalfe77
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that . I hope you are doing ok . Virtual hugs . I know it's hard news to take - and even when you try to prepare yourself for either outcome it's never easy when the test is negative . I just had my first IUI a couple weeks ago and get my beta results Monday . After my previous cycles of TI with medicated cycles that didn't work out I always made sure to treat myself extra special. It's definitely important to take it easy, allow yourself to grieve but get your positivity back from the next cycle (easier said than done , I know ) . I wish I had more advice on how to prepare for the next but I'm pretty early on in this journey as well . Take extra care of yourself right now . Sending positive thoughts your way for your next cycle !! :)

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Options
    Good luck to you and I really hope you get your BFP!!! :)
    I actually think I let it all out after that phone call :(( silly I know but it helped a lot to have a cry. Now I'm starting to prepare myself for the next cycle and allowing myself to get somewhat excited for it! Thank you for your kind words and I hope you get some really good news on Monday
  • Options
    Thank you @ttcmiraclebabyo ! I hear you - a good cry is definitely what you need sometimes !! Hopefully AF comes soon so you can get started soon .

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Options
    So sorry to hear this @ttcmiraclebabyo!!  It never gets easier to hear that news.  Good for you to have a good cry and then get ready for the next cycle!! :)  
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    @emsmama15 thank you so much :)
  • Options
    Sorry, @ttcmiraclebaby about you bfn. I was actually thinking about you on Friday. I also got my bfn on Friday. I was kinda expecting it, so hubby and I planned a fun-filled day to try to get my mind off of it. We went shopping, out to dinner and ended the night at a comedy club. It really helped me not dwell on my negative results. I think I'll do the same for this cycle.

My RE is also keeping me on Clomid, but increasing my dose to 100mg. Last month I took 50mg and only had one mature follicle. I hope we get out bfps this cycle.
  • Options

@ttcmiraclebabyoI am sorry for the BFN. I get my beta on 9/15 and I think it is probably going to be a BFN too. No matter how much I am trying to prepare myself for it, I think I am still going to be disappointed. I've told myself it more than likely won't be successful on the first try, and maybe not on the second try either. I can tell myself that all I want, but I don't think anything prepares us for that negative. :(

I'd plan something to keep busy. The night of my beta my DH and I have plans to go with his family to an Orioles game, so that will help me keep my mind busy.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018