Infertility

How long did you take Ganirelix?

So, my doctor wants me to start Ganirelix tonight. I'm doing either TI or IUI (tbd) this cycle and am currently on day 6 of stims. I took 125IU of Gonal-F/Follistim for first 3 days, 50iu the last 2 days, and today my doctor wants me to do 25iu and one Ganirelix shot. My follies today were 14, 13, 12, 11 on the right and 14.5,14.5,13,13 13,13,13...then I stopped listening after the 5-13s as I was overwhlemed.

I only have 2 Ganirelix shots and with Labor Day weekend and no delivery Sunday or Monday, I'm trying to figure out if I should order 2 or 3 more to cover those days. The nurse told me she does not know if I will need more, and I could always buy a box from them tomorrow. I know it will be more expensive from them, and since I would possibly need to purchase more than one am trying to figure out the best approach to take. It looks like I'll already have 2 boxes of Gonal-F unused (expensive), so I don't really want to waste any more money on meds.

Any experiences, thoughts or recommendations are greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!!
Married to DH 10/6/12
TTC since 5/14
Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"

Best Answer

Re: How long did you take Ganirelix?

• @MKLEWIS2010 Thanks for your response! Mine are growing about 1.5-2 a day since I decreased to 50. With the decrease to 25, I have no idea what will happen. Also, I don't know how much more it will cost. That would have been a good question to ask! Sometimes I can't believe the things I fail to ask! The trigger shot was about 50 bucks more expensive when I bought it from them my first round.
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

• Loading the player...
  • this process is so expensive, and we have a lot of meds leftover so I know how it feels.  I was super paranoid and felt more calm knowing I had enough medicine.  GL, maybe you can call them back today to see how much it is. your nurse should have better advice for you because they should have an idea as to how much more meds you would need.  GL with your choice and let me know how it works out. 
    Me - 32 
    Husband - 32
    TTC #1 - since 10/16/2012 
    IVF#1 6/2015 BFN 
    FET 7/2015 - BFP

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Well, I'm glad I decided to just wait and see. I just took my last ganirelix, and I Trigger tomorrow morning!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14