2nd Trimester
Options

Hello, at my 20 week anatomy ultrasound I was told that my baby girl has extra fluid in her kidneys

I was told that my baby girl has extra fluid in her kidneys. The doctor told me not to worry but of course I am because I had never heard about this. Has anyone else experienced this. Thank you for your help.

Best Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓
    My baby boy also has this also -- it is quite common.  The doctor told me that they see it in 1 of 10 pregnancies and usually resolves before birth.  

In rare cases, it can indicate some sort of blockage, but usually that makes the fluid build-up more severe.  If your doctor said not to worry, then the amount was probably not indicative of a blockage.

Answers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry this is happening to you ladies @TarHeelMomToBe & @Mary&Ella2015. I don't know much about this, or how serious this may be, but I hope it works out for the best for both of your families. I agree with @Cmichelle0423, if your doctor isn't concerned, you should try your best to stay as calm as possible (in order to prevent extra stress on you and LO), and see what your testing results are and go from there. I know it is easier said than done, but worrying yourself will not help you in the long run.