2nd Trimester
Options

Only One Among Friends Pregnant

Hey guys,

I'm currently 14 weeks along and I don't have a single pregnant friend. I feel so alone because all my friends have no idea what I am going through and preparing for because they are all either younger than me and just focusing on having fun (drinking, hanging out, etc) or same age and want a family but don't have one for whatever obstacles. Any suggestions for one how to relate to them because I feel SO different now (emotional 24-7 and tired most of the time) and how do I find pregnant friends? Is that even possible? Thanks!

Re: Only One Among Friends Pregnant

• Options

Hey guys,

I'm currently 14 weeks along and I don't have a single pregnant friend. I feel so alone because all my friends have no idea what I am going through and preparing for because they are all either younger than me and just focusing on having fun (drinking, hanging out, etc) or same age and want a family but don't have one for whatever obstacles. Any suggestions for one how to relate to them because I feel SO different now (emotional 24-7 and tired most of the time) and how do I find pregnant friends? Is that even possible? Thanks!

A lot of different cities have Facebook groups for moms. I know there's a group for women in my area (southeast Texas) and they do a lot of meet ups and play dates for mamas with kids already.
  • Options
    Try meetup.com. They have groups for FTM's and new moms etc.. You'll make new friends that are in the same boat as you are :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    smount2011smount2011 member
    edited September 2015
    I'm in the same situation, only all my friends have had 2 kids in the time it's taken me to conceive this one (fertility issues and it took us 4 years of trying). Everyone is too busy with their families. I have one girl I know who is pregnant, but she is a horrible influence and drives me nuts so I don't want to just "hang out" with her, nor really share this experience with her. I'm talking this is her 5th (my second) and this time she got pregnant with a man BESIDES HER HUSBAND, still smokes like 2 packs a day (the smoke makes me sick), complains every day about being in pain, takes painkillers and drinks wine bottles at a time... I don't wanna be around someone like that.
    February Siggy Challenge- Post pregnancy indulgences

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Why don't you join a month board on this site? It's great to be able to chat with other mothers who are due around the same time as you.
  • Options
    I think you have the right Idea to find pregnant friends 
  • Options
    I'm in a similar situation...I am the first one out of my friends to get pregnant, and while they're all SUPER excited, it can be hard sometimes when you're the only one skipping drinks at happy hour or feeling huge and emotional all the time. I recently started going to a prenatal yoga class just to meet up with other moms-to-be and it has helped somewhat! :) I'd suggest looking up some classes in your area!
  • Options
    Does your hospital offer baby/birthing classes? I've heard of many people meeting couple friends with babies due around the same time. You could try that!