Blended Families

Birthdays

My 3 stepkids have birthdays coming up this month. They are turning 6, 7, & 9. We are giving them a joint party along with my son that turned 3 last month. We're renting a bounce house and having it at our house. I want to invite the stepkids friends from school but they live 30 mins + away and I've never met their parents. What's the best way to go about inviting them? Should I give the kids an invitation to hand out and hope it reaches the parents? Should I reach out to their mom and see if she can get them to the parents? Would you note on the invitations that the party is taking place at their dad & step mom's house, so they can contact us prior with any questions or see if they'd rather meet us first? Or just include the address and phone number and leave it up to them?

Any advice is appreciated!

Re: Birthdays

• There are many factors to consider here. What is your husband`s relationship with his ex? Is she also having a party and inviting their school friends? Does the school allow children to hand out invites? If so do they make you invite the whole class? As for the invites, I would note somewhere on the invite that it is at dad`s just so the parents are not caught off guard if they have never met him before.

We have 50-50 but we let BM invite the school friends to her party since she lives two blocks from the school and it more convienet for SD`s friends` parents.
    No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside.