Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Asthma?

DesignermommaDesignermomma member
edited September 2015 in Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
So DS has recently been diagnosed with asthma (@ 18 months). He has had a constant string of illnesses and was in the hospital with pneumonia in June. July he got an upper respiratory infection and now has another. We have been using Budesonide 2x a day and Zyrtec everyday since July and now Albuterol and Singulair on top of that. Anyone else have experience with asthma at such a young age? We don't have any history of this in our family so I don't know anything. Do they grow out of it? What things should I avoid, look out for? What helped your kiddos?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Asthma?

• My LO had his first asthma attack at 13 months, but I have a strong family history so I wasn't surprised.

Your LO might grow out of it and he might not, there is no way to know that know.

Just make sure you are consistent with his medicine and avoid his allergens. When he gets a cold/flu, ask you doctor if you can beef up his meds to prevent an attack. And while its really annoying, a nebulizer works much better than an inhaler, especially for little kids.