Infertility
Options

Intro (previous child mentioned)

Hi All.  I've been lurking on this board for a little while and I really enjoy the supportive vibe you all seem to have.  My main board is TTC > 35.

A little of my history:  I was lucky enough to get pregnant with my daughter on my first round of Clomid and TI.  I naively thought it would be that easy this time.  Silly "old" lady!  I just found out IUI #6 was a BFN and we'll be moving on to IVF, probably in November.  My clinic has a BMI limit for egg retrieval, so I have 13 pounds to lose to qualify.  SO CLOSE!  I'm doing my saline sonogram/trial transfer/labs next week, my husband has a sperm penetration assay scheduled later this month, and we have our IVF consultation scheduled.  I'm feeling much more in control now that I know what needs to be done and when it will be done.  I'm kind of bummed because my RE is retiring at the end of this month, but we're still doing our consult with him and he'll be writing my IVF orders, though he'll be gone by the time I get to retrieval and transfer.  

I guess I'm just overwhelmed by the process and hoping to find others going through the same process ... and possibly the same emotions.  

I also want to make sure my signature warning is sufficient.  Please let me know.  I don't want to offend or hurt anyone.  If necessary, I can also just take out the mention of my daughter.

Sorry for the novel!  Thanks for reading if you made it all the way through.  
:D
*** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 

Re: Intro (previous child mentioned)

• Options
    Hey there !! Just wanted to say welcome and glad you are here . This is a great support group . I have not moved to IVF yet myself (have been doing TI and IUI) but I completely agree that this whole process is overwhelming . Whenever I feel weak I just remind myself it takes incredible courage to take one what we are doing . I hope all of your labs and testing go well . Keep us posted !!

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Options
    Thanks @mskeenan.  If you have any questions about IUI, let me know!  I did six!!  :)  

I'm getting a little nervous at the saline infused sonogram and trial transfer, just because I have no idea what to expect.  YIKES!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi @emsmama15 Nice to see you over here as well on 35+ board.
    I'm sorry about your BFN but glad to hear you are taking control. I can't really help as I'm in the midst of IUIs (on 3rd now).
    I wish you lots of luck on your IVF journey.
      • TTC #1 since August 2014
      • currently on 5th medicated IUI cycle
  • Options
    @emsmama15 I know it's always scary doing something new and not knowing what to expect . When are you having the procedures done ?

One question about IUI - when do you did it do you do it just one time or two days in a row per cycle ? I'm hearing mixed things and not sure what is standard . My doc only does one .

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Options
    I'm having the testing done on Thursday.  I'm just hoping it's not too uncomfortable.

I always did one IUI.  My protocol was always, trigger in the evening, intercourse the night of trigger, IUI 36 hours later.  This last time, we added another intercourse the night following the day of IUI (if that makes sense).  I asked about it because I've seen the back to back IUI thing done around here but my RE wasn't sold on it for whatever reason.  So, I just kept on with my single IUIs and TI.