Infertility
Options

Kinda nervous 1st US Cramps spotting

Hey ladies. So we did an FET of 2 embies @5 days on the 16th of August. In theory that makes me about 5 weeks pregnant. Had blood confirmed BPF x2 increasing numbers. Tomorrow I get my 1st US to see how many of the embies took and if they implanted in the right place. Well basically since the transfer I have been having spotting of dark brown off and on (they said to expect that for a few days, it was. Not an easy transfer) and cramping off and on. Today cramping seems more. Concerned but I know there is nothing I can do about it at the same time. Feeling like I don't know how to feel haha. Also prepared to get some not so good news.....but hoping for the best. I'll keep you posted... Anyone have similar thoughts/ feelings/ stories to share?

Re: Kinda nervous 1st US Cramps spotting

• Options
    Hi! I think we all fear the next test or the next news we will receive. It's part of the experience! I'm 6weeks tomorrow and I feel ya! I have cramping on and off. I'd call it mild. Most people spot, I never did until I went of my estrogen patches. Then I freaked the hell out. But it's ok, had my second beta yesterday and my number was great! My u/s is a week away and I'm nervous/excited! Because I've worried way too much every step of this journey, and everything has been going good, I'm trying to be as optimistic as I can and not worry. Easier said right!? Not sure if that ever goes away. It's definitely unlike anything I've ever experienced. I still have a hard time believing it's all real. I'm hoping that everything is looking great at my u/s. Can't wait to see if if twins! So, keep your chin up! And hope for the best (first) but be prepared for bad news (second) (see what I did there? lol). Good luck to you and I will keep an eye out for an update!
    Married for 4 years. TTC for 3.
    Me: 38 DH: 39
    DX: Unexplained Infertility; found a few fibroids this time around during SIS

March 2012: Clomid for 3 cycles  3 BFNs
    Sept. 2013: started injectables (Follistim, Ovidrel Trigger) IUI BFN

May 2015: New RE. Going IVF. Tests, Tests, Tests 
    July 2015: Microdose Lupron 20u am & pm, Follistim 150iu 75iu am, Menapur 150iu 75iu pm
    Triggered 8/4 ER 8/6 ET 8/11 2 beautiful blastocysts; 2WW
    8/19 hpt BFP! Beta 8/25: 482
    2nd Beta 9/1......3707
    U/S 9/21: 1 beautiful little gummy bear

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Absolutely I totally agree. Best of luck to you too. Thank you for the words of support.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Dark brown spotting=old blood. I hear bright red is more of a concern. Cramping can be normal.
    Dealing with infertility for a long time I am always hyper sensitive to all my sensations and overthinking them. I think it's normal. Try to relax and think positive.
    Fx that we get good news from u tomorrow.
  • Options
    Fingers crossed for you! I'm super jealous you get such an early ultrasound. I'm 5 weeks too, and won't get my US until I'm 7 weeks (on the 15th)...ugh, I can't wait! I'm so worried about getting excited and then things not going right. At the same time, I try to remember that I DID get pregnant, so after 2 years if trying, that's good news in and of itself. Let us know how it goes!
  • Options
    Today I learned that I'm 5w and 2 days. One of two embryos implanted. Happy and sad. Also kind of relieved that it's only 1. Now trying to stay positive till I can hear a heart beat next week! I got A due date today of 5/3/16. The NP there said cramping is normal and not to worry abt dark brown spotting ... Thanks for all of your thoughts and positive energy!
  • Options
    We have the same due date :) I hope all goes well is you hear a sweet little heart beat next week!
  • Options
    Great news @obizyanka I am also jealous because my ultrasound is not until the 21st. I will be 5w tomorrow. I can't wait to see if 1 or 2 implanted.