Trouble TTC
Options

Metformin question

rlbean1987rlbean1987 member
edited September 2015 in Trouble TTC
Sorry if I am posting this and it has been answered already. We have been TTC for over a year. I have gotten the ole PCOS diagnoiss. I have been on metformin for a few weeks now. My breast are super sore. Is this a common side effect?

Re: Metformin question

• Options
    Welcome!  If you haven't already, please read our Newbie Post (the link is in my siggy).   I haven't heard of sore breasts being a side effect of Metformin, but anything is possible.  You might want to google for side effects to be sure.    I would take it as a good sign though, progesterone creates sore boobs so maybe you ovulated.

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
    dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
    2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

• Options
    Wow, mine are, I thought I was going crazy. Im in the same boat as you, PCOS and started metformin a couple weeks ago. But it could be after effects of femera from CD 3-7. I'm on CD 16 and they've been hurting since I ovulated on CD 12. I would love to think that would mean a BFP coming, but it just doesn't feel like it.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been on Metformin for 5 years and have never had that side effect.  The only thing I can agree on is with what @goldenkeys said, the goal of metformin is to control the PCOS and get your cycles back on track meaning you may have ovulated for the first time in a while and that is what would cause the soreness.  Good luck!! 
    Me: 40  
    TTC #1: 3 years
    Me: Type II Diabetic
    Started with RE 11/2014
    Going through IUI with Donor Sperm

• Options
    Thank you everyone! It was my cycle. It showed back up after a few weeks of taking metformin. I am now waiting for my ovulation test to say I am ovulating. Fingers crossed.