Trouble TTC
Options

What is the ultimate slap in the face?

It's when your period comes a day before your beta while you're still shoving progesterone up your hooha.

I already knew it was a BFN,but this is just cruel.

Sigh. There's always a plan B. 
Me: 41, DH 38, Diagnosis DOR
Started TTC 12/2013
First Trip to RE: 11/2014
IVF Round 1: 2/2014 - BFP
DD Born 11/9/2014
TTC a Sibling Started 5/2015
First IVF Round 8/15 - BFN
Taking a break to go on vacation + enjoy the holidays before FET and/or another IVF round in 2016!

Re: What is the ultimate slap in the face?

• Options
    Ugh I hear that! That happened to me my first IVF cycle. It's like a sick joke!
    Me: 40  
    TTC #1: 3 years
    Me: Type II Diabetic
    Started with RE 11/2014
    Going through IUI with Donor Sperm

• Options
    I am so sorry!!! Keeping everything crossed for your plan B!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Aww, I'm so sorry to hear this, that IS a slap in the face! Hang in there and do something nice for yourself tonight!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry! I was hoping this was your cycle. AF is an evil B who needs to get a clue when it's appropriate to show up and to know know when she isn't welcome :(
  • Options
    I've had that happen too.  It definitely is a slap in the face!   I'm so sorry about the BFN.

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
    dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
    2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

• Options
    I'm actually - believe it or not - not that upset about the bfn. We have frozens for two cycles and money set aside for two more full cycles and I found a non-anonymous donor if all of that fails. Now, talk to me if we've gone through all that and still no sibling for Lucy Jo and I'll be bummed. Honestly, I feel like we're right at the start and realistically I'm 1 for 2 with IVF so far which is a pretty good ratio.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just overly confident. Nobody likes a bfn, but I feel like there are so many options still open. Plus, PMA is half the battle, right :) 

Thanks for the support ladies!
    Started TTC 12/2013
    DD Born 11/9/2014
    Taking a break to go on vacation + enjoy the holidays before FET and/or another IVF round in 2016!

• Options
    I love your positivity! That's so great you can keep trying with some frozens! I'm wishing you the best of luck! Are you rolling right into your FET or taking any time off? If you are diving right in, at least you won't have to wait for AF to show again!!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • Options
    Way to go with the attitude @jnissa ! Best of luck to you!
  • Options
    That's rough, I've been there.
    My ultimate slap in the face was a daycare parent telling me they are accidentally pregnant with #2. They don't know I'm TTC, still sucked though.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Eh,it may be easier to stay positive when you've got your magical "one" already. There is some comfort in knowing that you *can* get pregnant. Also some stress because at 41 there is a very short window. But mostly I'm confident that if we stay aggressive we can make this happen. Also, I'll be honest. My baby girl is actually making me glad this week that I'm not having to be pregnant + deal with a cranky, sick baby at the same time :) 

We're taking a 3 month break (by which I mean trying naturally for three months). We have 2 weeks in Costa Rica in November, so doing another cycle before that would be complicated and honestly I just don't want to be doing any kind of fertility stuff during the holidays. I want to be totally present for that, you know? And, in something I think a lot of us can relate to, I'm really kind of looking forward to three months of not being *entirely* owned by my reproductive organs. 

You ladies are the best. You made a bummer of a week a lot easier.
    Started TTC 12/2013
    DD Born 11/9/2014

• Options
    @jnissa I love your positive attitude, that will get you far. The three month break might do you some good and help you relax for the next cycle. I will be keeping my fx for you.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options
    So as I'm sitting here Bumping and typing my intro in the check-in, I have on So You Think You Can Dance and they literally just announced that the host is pregnant.
      • TTC #1 since August 2014
      • currently on 5th medicated IUI cycle
  • Options
    Ha ha! I saw that. And not only was I like, "Ugh. Seriously." I was also like "She's going to have impossibly tall and beautiful babies. Jerk." :) 
    Started TTC 12/2013
    DD Born 11/9/2014