October 2015 Moms

Anybody else?

Im 34 weeks and have a burning sensation constantly on my upper belly on my left side. It is sensitive to the touch and don't know what it is. Please help! My OB said it was prolly babies foot. I don't understand how if its CONSTANT pain.

Re: Anybody else?

• I would go to L&D and get checked out.
  • I have this almost constantly. This is my third pregnancy and it has happened each time. I guess it is a foot/leg pressing on my rib or a nerve. It is so annoying and I don't worry about it but if it feels wrong to you, get checked out.

A positive note on this is that it probably means that baby is head down... That's what I tell myself lol
  • Loading the player...
  • I also have an area that is crazy painful. I can tell that my muscles are separated there, but wondering if I have a hernia or something. Hang in there mama
  • I have the exact same problem. My upper left side vacillates between burning and going numb. It sometimes feels like my muscle is being ripped away from my body when I turn in bed. Acupuncture has significantly improved this problem.
  • I have also had this pain but on the upper right side, I was told it's likely that the pain is caused by babies feet pushing on that area all of the time making it sensitive. Also, it may be a pulled muscle/ligament in that area which becomes more painful when baby is pushing against it! I found lying on my opposite side helped to relieve pain a little and also some gentle heat helped too. Hope this helps x
  • Yes! The entire upper area is a bit more sensitive/sore for me but I know baby's feet are up there in my ribs. This is probably why. LO is doing a great job of kicking a lot lately! :)

• Our little girl is super active but the constant kicking and stretching is killing me:(. It feels like my abs are ripping apart!!
  • Yep. Same thing here. I've likened it to my husband as the same sore skin feeling you get when you wear an article of clothing that is way too tight and it leaves a deep imprint on you. It must be from all of the pressure but it does not feel good!
  • rue:Drue:D member
    edited September 2015
    Happened to me too, pretty sure baby had an appendage wedged up against that part of my body for too long and it created a sore, bruised-feeling spot.
  • I have had this, although it's not constant, it's surely super uncomfortable !
  • Had this with my first. Was definitely her feet. The area was above where my epidural had effect so I actually felt the release and relief as I pushed her out. It was very strange but was immediately gone once she was out :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had this from maybe 25 -32 weeks. .. This is my third and my Dr said there are ligaments that wrap around and connect there and it was probably pain due to those stretching.
  • I thought it was ligament pain too. I was starting to get concerned but after the best night sleep I have had in months it isn't as bad today. Thanks for putting me at ease!!