September 2015 Moms

birth announcement or Xmas card

I'm wondering if I should do a birth announcement after my son arrives or just do a xmas card very soon after.
What would you opt for?

Re: birth announcement or Xmas card

• When my last September baby was born, we just did a birth announcement on the front of our Christmas card. It worked great because we have a large list to send and stamps are kind of pricey.
  • Loading the player...
  • We're just waiting until Christmas this time. Did both with DS (sept 16 bday) and it was a ton of stamps and too much work!
  • I'm doing a birth announcement but I usually don't get around to Christmas cards haha with my first we did a combo but he was a mid Nov baby
  • Can I steal that thanksgiving idea?! Brilliant! #1 was born Dec 16th, so I combined it by slipping a pic of her under the tree inside with birth stats on the back. I feel like it's too far apart to do them together this time, but thanksgiving (which is October here in Canada) would be perfect! We're pretty slack with Christmas cards, I think the only years we made it through the whole list was when we were also including wedding thank you cards or birth announcements.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Everyone is welcome to use the idea!
  • I was thinking about sending a digital birth announcement from paperless press via email and then a real card for Christmas when babe is 3-4 months old.
  • Facebook will be our birth announcement this time around. I mean really. I'm just going to load the same photos that are in the announcement and quit frankly I think they end up in the trash anyways. We have an amazing maple tree out back so I think I will do something fallish that will double as a Christmas card. That will also just end up in the trash...most likely.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker